Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pariah Kingdoms quest-line ideas
07-01-2006, 12:34 PM,
Pariah Kingdoms quest-line ideas
I am thinking that this should be the basic outline for their quests....

Requirements: need to be Orc, Argonian, or Khajiit
Pariah Kingdoms: Orcish State of Valenvaryon, Argonian State of Bitter Coast

of course at this point they are considered no more than outlaws in large numbers, if they are known of at all...

so as an Orc...
you will go to Valenvaryon and recieve quests from the trainer, the agent and the king himself. THe trainer will try to train the goblins and durzogs as well as the orc-khajiit forces. He will also try to get beasts to be trained for war. The agent will have you go get sympathetics for the orc-state throughout Vvardenfell so that people will support such a kingdom... this will be done with persuasion, talking to other Orcs, and also delivering pamphlets.... the king, Umug gro-Mashnar, will have you establish ties with Redoran, trading weapons forgoods and such until you establish a strong tie with the Redoran. Infact he will tell you it is best if you join the Redoran as well. Eventually quests will be skirmishing with Nords as well as discovering the secret benefactor of the Pariah Kingdoms. The King wants to legitimize a Malacath-worshipping Orc-state and thus wants to establish honorable ties with the Redoran.

so as an Argonian...
You will try to find the Argonian chiefdom hidden in the Bitter Coast.... eventually you will discover it is based in Hlormaren... and instead of field-soldiers most here are more inclined to guerilla-tactics. You will have three quest givers... the shaman, the ambassador Im-Kalaya, and Eleedal-Lei the Chief. Most quests will be given by Eleedal-Lei who believes that hemust unite all Argonians on Vvardenfell and on the otherside of the Bitter Coast to make a BitterCoast Argonian territory. He burns for revenge and especially against Hlaalu and Dres, and is helped in secret by Telvanni suppliers, and it was Uvirith who freed him. He wants to take over the BItter Coast all the way down to Seyda Neen and also is trying to exercise influence on the Argonian tribes on the mainland. He also establishes a good connection with Duke Vedam Dren (in secret) and Im-Kalaya (to access Black Marsh politics). Thus quests to Im-Kalaya are unlocked.. you must get support for her and try to get an official charter for the lands. However Dren will tell you that the Hlaalu wouldn't let go of it even though they don't use it... so Eleedal-Lei says he will reduce smuggling and hopes Vedam Dren will allow a charter... thus the Shaman. The Shaman will make fog and storm to confuse smugglers, and make an alliance with the Dreugh to attack ships... and in all this you need to help and kill smugglers.

so as a Khajiit...
the Khajiit are the secret benefactors of the Pariah Kingdoms besides the official ones such as Redoran, Telvanni, and donations from orcs and Argonians from Black Marsh... the Khajiiti war/Drug-lords wants to manipulate the Pariah Kingdoms to do the fighting for them (including Khajiit in the kingdoms) and wants to use them to spread their influence and drugs. However they know the Pariah Kingdoms don't want to be pariah, they want to be legitimate. Thus they cover their tracks... as a Khajiit you have the important task of stealth. While the Orcs fight with their strength for the Pariah kingdoms and the Argonians fight with stealth combined with fighting and magic, the Khajiit are often behind the scenes... you will answer to the Drug-lord... but eventually after some quests you will be contacted by one of the Khajiiti Warlords inthe Pariah Kingdoms who asks you to join his cause. You truly have no choice since evidence proves that the drug-lord will kill you to cover his tracks later. Thus you rebel against the drug-lord and when you try to kill him, he is found to have gone. He has joined the Hlaalu as a mercenary general, and under their protection....

what do you guys think?
07-20-2006, 11:53 AM,
RE: Pariah Kingdoms quest-line ideas
Malacath is a part of the "House of Troubles", so the player must convince(by getting back a lost artifact or something) or kill the Tribunal priests of the cities nearby to avoid them "leading faithful Dunmer to war in order to destroy the foul worshippers of the daedra lord Malacath".
07-20-2006, 12:59 PM,

what do you mean?
if you are part of the Pariah Kingdoms... and you are an Orc... then you DON'T want people to attack your capitol and you way of worship (Malacath)....
07-20-2006, 05:12 PM,

Sorry, I'm learning english only 4 years ago and sometimes I make mistakes in complicated english sentences. I hope that is not a problem.

Just a quest idea:

The king tells you that the Archcanon recently sent him an ultimatum: the orcs must stop worshipping Malacath or leave Morrowind as soon as possible. The king doesn't like the possibility of (another) war, so he sends you to negotiate.
You meet the archcanon and he says:

"Show me that your 'kingdom' is worthy of the tolerance of the Tribunal Temple. Bring me the Staff of St. Jiub as a proof."

If you ask about the staff, you find out that is in a cave. You go there, give it the archcanon, and he declares that the Tribunal Temple is not an enemy of the orc community of Valenvaryon.

The archcanon and the Staff of St. Jiub can be replaced with anyone/anything, of course.
07-20-2006, 11:17 PM,

I see, sorta like a religious justification?
maybe they can also point out that Malacath champions outcasts and often orcs are outcasts, if the Temple wanted to "reform" the orcs, all they'd have to do is to accept them and be kindly, not mean
08-22-2006, 03:04 AM,

Quest Ideas for Orcs

Raid Towns
Steal Goods
Protect Important people
Gather Materials for the Fort

Now for the Argonia if they want the bitter Coast they have 3 things in the way. Hla Oad Gnaar Mok and Seyda Neen and knowing El or whatever he wants them burned to the ground so you could say do skirmishes on the towns and clash with guards steal?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
08-22-2006, 04:29 AM,

I would think more of "Interception" and "Assault" type quests... Do you think you could include some of those?

BTW: I don't think you should limit quests to certain races of players. Restricting different stuff to different character types only = bad b/c the player char is supposed to reflect who he/she is, and it sort of strikes me as a punishment for not choosing this race for the real life player's character.
08-22-2006, 05:39 PM,

but that's what the Pariah Kingdoms is about...
so far working on the quest-line but...

there will be JUST orc and just khajiit and just argonian quests....
but majority will be for all three races...

but this faction isn't for outsiders.... just like Ashlanders... although non-Dunmer CAN be adopted... will have to think of something for that