Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pearl Diving for Fun and Profit
04-28-2006, 06:39 AM,
Pearl Diving for Fun and Profit
I'm really tired now, so I'm going to wait till my art history final is over tommorow to elaborate on this but...

I thought this up years ago but never did anything with it...
Anyway, I had these Pearl Diving quests mapped out. Like, i was told by my morrowind guidebook that pearl Diving was profitable and ever since wanted to build a Dunmer Culture around it. Pretty strait forward, Collecting nice pearls and things which will be elaborated on tommorow like killing off wild schools of Slaughterfish. anyway it culminates in a really hard quest to search for a rare Black Kallop pearl and then to keep the treasure safe from bandits (a la Steinbecks "The Pearl"). full of paranoia to be sure, and lucurative rewards.
We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM,
RE: Pearl Diving for Fun and Profit
Safe from bandits or pirates? better hide this from Henry Morgan! Big Grin

There is a large town that is being put together that had extensive docks - I am wondering if your idea would work there, or maybe better in a small coastal or island community?

Your village might only be a few fiher huts on the coast - maybe that long island off the coast of Silgrad itself. There is a pirate enclave at the southern tip, but to the north there might be room? 'course you have to find a spot that has water that is deep enuf to create the right feel...or make it...so I suggest you contact Razorwing, as he knows the geography.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman