Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plant life in Vvardenfell.
03-25-2007, 02:28 PM,
Plant life in Vvardenfell.
After the 'death' of the Dagoth Ur, wasn't Vvardenfell supposed to see a slight increase in plant life and less dead looking areas? If that is the case, then wouldn't the landscape in the project be a little greener in areas. I know that the Ashlands/Molag Amur were always bleak and dull looking, but in other places like the Ascadian Isles and Azuras Coast regions, would there be any noticeable inrease?

In Maar Gan, I placed a Sugar Maple Forest tree to see what it would look like, the leaves are brown and dead looking, would this (temporarily) meet the fact of regrowth? I'm not going to make Maar Gan tropical like I did before Tongue, just add in a few small shrubs etc. Yes or no? It's trial and error really.

I think it's worth a shot.
03-25-2007, 03:16 PM,

well the Grazelands would turn into a savanna, and the West Gash would have more vegetation (in the ravines and stuff where its more sheltered)... since Blight storms are no longer coming over the mountains into the fertile lands....
the Ascadian would be much more vegetation, since its supposed to be the most fertile of all regions... I think the Sheogorad might have a few sparse coastal pines (it would make sense) and the Azura's Coast have a Sadrith Morash, or Mushroom forest.... and I think Bitter Coast shoul dhave more salt-marsh weeds and grasses

but other then that I mean... in 6 years, large plants don't grow back THAT fast... trees take awhile, mostly grasses grow back faster... and that would mostly be in a place like the Grazelands and the Ascadian...
03-25-2007, 03:18 PM,

You're right... no trees in the Ashlands then...
04-16-2007, 01:08 AM,

What about a restoration effort being headed by Vivec and the temple that is magically restoring old growth plant and animal life to Vvardenfall? There could even be quests attached to this. (I presume that this mod and silgrad tower will go hand in hand) Why not something where you have to go to the mainland and collect a certain number of seeds/eggs from various flora and fauna that were extirpated from Vvardenfell. This might also explain the increase in plant/animal life from the vanilla TES III.

Just a Thought. Wink