Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Just Die
03-15-2010, 09:55 AM,
Please Just Die
I'm not so sure about this one, but here goes.

Please Just Die

Names, creatures, locations etc are for illustrative purposes. Dialogue is incomplete and preliminary.

1. The player is given the task to go see an Imperial woman living in #any city that has a fighters' guild. She's being haunted by her dead husband every night. She keeps killing him but he keeps coming back.

2. The player goes to see the woman. She says that her husband was dragged off by goblins and strung up in their cave about a week ago. She'd thought he was just missing until a fighters' guild contact cleaned out the cave and found her husband.

The night after they found him he came back, saying he'd been captured by someone but now he's returned. She was so happy and didn't think twice, but the next morning he'd disappeared. The next night she'd killed him out of fear, and when the corpse didn't vanish she thought she'd made a terrible mistake. However, the next night he came back again. The last six nights she'd killed him, and finally went to the fighters' guild for help. Enter, you.

3. The player goes to see the woman. She sends you to the fighters' guild contact, Seren.

4. Seren the Fighter

Fighter -"We found someone in the back of a Goblin cave. The person was covered in blood and slashed to ribbons. (jokingly) I could barely tell it was an Imperial at first, not to mention a man and not a woman, but then we found out someone in town was missing her husband. She described the ring he was wearing, a silver one with two emeralds. She cried when we gave it back to her."

Player -"Where's this cave?"

Fighter -"Here, let me mark it on your map."

4. The player goes to the cave. He finds that a new goblin cabal had set up shop there. In the back are a pack of shamans.

5. The player kills the shamans and returns to the fighters' guild contact.

Player -"I found some goblins in the cave. They had shamans with them."

Seren -"You should ask Neequa, the mage. She knows a thing or two about goblin magic. You can find her down the street, two doors on your left".

6. Neequa, the Mage

Neequa is a bit weird. She's a female Argonian and she has an odd accent.

Mage -"Ah, yes, Vreek'Vvalian Trickery. It's quite hilarious, you see, the person keeps coming back every night and then... disappears the next day! (laughs) Hahaha! Ha... Ha... No?"

Player -"Funny, I'm sure. I killed the shamans who cast the spell, will that put an end to all this?"

Mage -"No, no, killing the shamans is not enough. You also have to kill the spirit."

Player -"The woman said she'd already killed him six times."

Mage -"*Yooou* have to kill the spirit. Or someone else has to kill it. As long as it is not her. Their lives are tied together, you see. The love she once felt for him protects him from the hate she feels today. He can't harm her for the same reason."

Player -"Alright, so I have to slay him for her. Anything else?"

Mage -"Well. You could ask the woman why she wants him gone in the first place. Getting a new corpse every night is kind of nice, when you think about it."

Player 1 (end) -"Yeah. I'm leaving."
Player 2 -"You're a lunatic."

Mage 2 -"Strange to like the dead instead of killing them, yes? The only reason I help you is because you smell like them." (end)

7. The player returns to the woman and tell her what has to be done. The next night the player has to be inside the woman's house, or the quest will fail (I suppose it could be any night after you've acquired the quest if we don't want to restrict the player in this way). Some time after nightfall, the husband walks through the door. He says just what the woman had told you before.

Husband -"I... I- I-I was captured by someone, but now, now I've returned!"

The woman starts shouting "Kill it! Kill it! Don't just stand there, kill it!".

The player has 10 seconds to slash down the husband, or the woman will do it, and the quest will fail. She hounds you for being a coward and sends you back to the fighters' guild to get someone else.

If the player kills the husband:

Woman -"Let's hope this works now. I'll be spending the night at the fighters' guild, just in case. Come see me tomorrow. Now, off you go. I have to bury this... thing."

8. The player returns to the fighters' guild the next day. The woman is there waiting for you. She's very happy and is no longer rude towards you. She thanks you heartily and gives you a key to the basement in her house.

Woman -"I've not much to offer as a reward but you can have this. My husband kept his sword and some other things down there."

9. Down in the basement, all over the floor, are pools of blood and six corpses of the woman you've just helped, and the corpse of her husband strung up on the back wall. On the floor below him lies a standard fine steel longsword, surrounded by a good amount of large gold piles.

Quest End.
03-15-2010, 11:33 AM,

Brilliant. Simple to script and really, really freaky. Nice work.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-15-2010, 09:19 PM,

Yeah, me like. I'd choose another adversary than goblins though...although I like the idea of some shamanic presence. It might offer some insight on Bhuru magic with a bit of tweaking.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-16-2010, 08:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yeah, me like. I'd choose another adversary than goblins though...although I like the idea of some shamanic presence. It might offer some insight on Bhuru magic with a bit of tweaking.
Goblin is simply my first temp creature I generally use while writing quests, with an intention of changing it later more often than not.
03-16-2010, 06:49 PM,

Ah, thanks. I'll try to bear that in mind in future. Just correct me if I forget, Xae.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-29-2010, 07:08 AM,
RE: Please Just Die
I'm sorry-I mean it is really good. Far better then anything I can come up with- but I dont get it. Why are there the woman's corpses down there? Was she the spirit?
badumpish
12-30-2010, 07:13 AM,
RE: Please Just Die
nice job Xae! very nice,
Bro, the chick was the real ghost as Seren said they weren't sure if it was a man or woman remember! So the PC just helped a ghost
the only thing we got from the war was to learn that there isnt safety in numbers