Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pool of Forgetfulness
05-07-2006, 04:14 PM,

[quote]Originally posted by Vrenir
I would like something like this to reduce my godlike character back to a reasonable level in the new province,/quote]

thats a good point... by the time these mods are released, most people will all have godlike characters... and so it may be less fun/too easy to whip through any of the quests/dungeons in the new area.

Somehow everything has to be balanced so that it wont be too easy for the veteran character to not have fun.. but not so difficult that someone who has a new character and wants to explore MW cant do it
05-07-2006, 05:01 PM,

*cough* level creatures *cough*
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-07-2006, 05:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
*cough* level creatures *cough*
but they still need to be in reasonable level, needs to be somewhat realistic
05-07-2006, 07:24 PM,

Let's not scale things toward the player's level. That's one of the worst flaws in the game.

Let's make it like TES3, where the western areas are relatively tame but can still give a low level character lots of trouble, and if you go into the Ashlands/Molag Amur, you get your ass handed to you repeatedly if you're not really strong, which makes the Grazelands seem more mysterious to new players, but if you walk out into the wilderness there, you've got some Daedra to fight.

*wishes he could play TES3 for the first time again*
05-07-2006, 08:36 PM,

there is NO way that its posible to make it without player scaling. you cant predict if the player is level 1 or 100, therefore we need atleast very basic lever scaling. one does not need to scale _everything_ to the player's lvl but scaling on thigs like level is absolutly necesery. i dont know if you noticed, but tes3 had leveling as well.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
there is NO way that its posible to make it without player scaling. you cant predict if the player is level 1 or 100, therefore we need atleast very basic lever scaling. one does not need to scale _everything_ to the player's lvl but scaling on thigs like level is absolutly necesery. I dont know if you noticed, but tes3 had leveling as well.
I know. TES3 did its levelled thing right, though. And there were also plenty of hand-placed non-random enemies. And you also couldn't do everything at level 1 (like you can in TES4... I just beat the main quest at level 1, and every enemy only took 1-4 hits to die :/).

We need dungeons that make you THINK before you enter them, and when you are inside it, you use caution. Fear the world you're in. In TES4, going into dungeons and clearing them was no problem, because you always knew what to expect: enemies that are at your skill level.

Hmm. This got off topic. Wanna split this into a different thread, Ku'?
05-08-2006, 12:58 AM,

nah, I think we all get the point.... now back onto Pool of Forgetfulness

and yeah, by the way... I think we will be doing leveling to a certain degree... but within the realm of realism.... like a scrib should be real easy to kill... doesn't matter how skilled you are at axes... you could fall on one hard enough like three times and it should die for sure
06-18-2006, 09:32 PM,

I think the Pool of Forgetfulness should be deeply part of Ashlander quests?