Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portal to BM
11-23-2009, 12:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, we could use a really inspirational texture for the Mages Guild key. It's basically a revolving box that leads to a surrealistic landscape where the Mages Guild cross to other places. It requires something exceptionally weird and bizarre to enhance the surreal effect. For a more down-to-earth claim, try this: CLAIM: Visual Design (Settlement & Shop Signs) (Claimed) . I don't think IS is able to find the time to do all of the signs so this is open.

At this current moment in time, nope, I do however have the template somewhere so if you use Photoshop that may help.

Also I am working slowly on a blank sign resource, so they may help quicken the sign creation :yes:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-26-2009, 03:08 PM,
Purple
I downloaded the resources, but every model is purple.
please helpme =(
11-26-2009, 05:01 PM,
RE: Purple
Are you talking about the Blank Sign Resources?
If so then I think that this is because the resource is the model only. The idea is to then make the texture in GIMP or Photoshop and then apply it in NifSkope.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
11-26-2009, 07:36 PM,

Nope, he doesn't have to fiddle with the textures at all. Purple textures just mean that, for some reason, OB isn't accessing the textures. It is most likely that Thorax has installed improperly and not put the textures into the correct folders within his data folder.

Not putting folders into the right place affects the 'filepath' (the thing that the models use to refer to which texture to use on the different parts of the model). If the filepaths (the path to the file, to put it simply) points to the wrong place, it will come up purple.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-26-2009, 07:51 PM,

Oh right, I thought he was talking about IS's blank signs, which probably would have no texture.

11-26-2009, 07:57 PM,

Oh, I don't think we have IS's texture in the archive yet. You will need to either send a PM or let IS know here if you want to get hold of the template that he refers to in the post above.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-27-2009, 02:46 PM,

Nope I was never fully happy with the sign so I never handed it up. After reading this thread again I went looking for the Template and cannot find it.

What I will do is re-create the sign and create a new template to use, should not take as long now becuase I am more skilled with Photoshop now compared to when I started the signs.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-27-2009, 04:57 PM,
Folder
I think I put it to the right folder:
I put all the Textures folders to the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data folder.
Is it wrong?
11-27-2009, 05:06 PM,
RE: Folder
The textures must be in a folder called C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures, and if there isn't one, then as long as you added a textures folder it should be fine. The .nif files are filepath specific and if there is one folder missing in the filepath, it won't work, even if the texture itself is there, unless you use nifskope to change the filepath, which you probably shouldn't do.

11-27-2009, 05:27 PM,
RE: Folder
But I put it to the Textures folder.
for example: hullred1_n.dds is in the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures\argonianvillage\boathome folder.

edit: I saw some models in NifSkope, and some folders (like textures\architecture\city) are missing in the current resources.