Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Teaser idea
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM,

Lightwave has a good point and is what i was thinkin of when I felt that there were a few survivors. Some in my opinion survived. Consider they have a Mages Guild to teleport out, and Bal Isra nearby if they can be snuck out from the northern path, or Maar Gan if they will go further.... many of the Redoran are warriors but not all, and many would have been kept in the center and protected, taken up arms or fled. I don't intend for the Councilors to have died, but I do intend for one to be... injured. Ald-ruhn is ruined, 80-90% of the people dead... but there is a another death... the dead of the old noble warrior Redoran...
from now on the rough, pioneering, pious, and poor Redoran take the helm, and Ralos Venim (son of Bolvyn) becomes a popular leader, working on a local level to spartanized Redoran society on Vvardenfell and create a local economy, and to spiritually, economically, and militarily protect the Redoran from Hlaalu encroachment, especially since they are very vulnerable now...

the Redoran, Hlaalu, and Telvanni of Vvardenfell differ slightly from their mainlander cousins for obvious reasons. They have become more pioneering. The Redoran more championing the poor, the frontiersman, the fighter against all odds. The Hlaalu became slavers in the Ascadian Isles (to take advanateg of the fertile and comfortable clime) though didn't support slavery on the mainland unlike Dres, Telvanni, and Indoril. The Telvanni have become more aggressive in small groups...

read Turner's Frontier Thesis about how the American frontier changed the Anglo-americans from their British roots... a similar situation though slightly different is hapening on Vvardenfell.

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
On a side note, I can barely type Elswhere anymore, I also have to retype it since it comes out Elsweyr.
:lmao:
06-10-2007, 10:03 PM,

Alright, I am completely in agreement with you guys there then, thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Now, do you think the teaser it doable? I don't know if I'd have time to do all the CS work (Though there shouldn't be much). But if its written, I'd be willing to do all the dialogue (implementing it I mean).
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-10-2007, 10:53 PM,

the best teaser would not be Aldruhn i feel, thats something that I want to really hit the player.... he/she comes to Vvardenfell, everything seems similar... but then HOLY CRAP... *cry* I dont wanna giv ethat away...

however somethin related is fine...
06-10-2007, 10:54 PM,

Ku... I wasn't calling for Ald'rhun, my idea was:

What if some Redoran left Vvardenfell, left... Morrowind. What if they're in cyrodiil, seeking shelter and to begin anew. With nothing but the shells they could take by boat, and the will to live, these fiercly traditional Warriors are in cyrodiil to stay, and are preaching their ways to any dunmer who cares to listen (In a not televangelist way though).
06-10-2007, 11:20 PM,

Ku... I wasn't calling for Ald'rhun, my idea was:

What if some Redoran left Vvardenfell, left... Morrowind. What if they're in cyrodiil, seeking shelter and to begin anew. With nothing but the shells they could take by boat, and the will to live, these fiercly traditional Warriors are in cyrodiil to stay, and are preaching their ways to any dunmer who cares to listen (In a not televangelist way though).
I understand, i just wanted to make it clear

but i just realized I forgot to show my opinion on your original idea :bash:

Personally I DON'T think Redoran would go to the Empire for help. They might go to the mainland and try to appeal to their mainlander cousins only to find them beset by Nords in the north and corruption and Hlaalu in the south.
Perhaps a Three House delegation sent to Cyrodiil by Duke Vedam Dren would be interesting... and each person in the three-man delegation would be an ambassador from Redoran, Hlaalu, and Telvanni, and each would really reflect the concerns of each House and Morrowind in general... with Redoran having more to say about the Temple and rise of 9-Divines, the Hlaalu having more to speak of about Guilds and changes in politics, and the Telvanni more to say about current local changes, Ashlanders, etc.

Confusedhrug: but making it strictly Redoran doesn't give people a taste of Vvardenfell...

however don't disregard your idea, and don't take mine as a replacement, I think the two would work well together, to form a new better idea no? Just a suggestion. If China's letting captialism happen on its East Coast then I am letting you guys discuss teaser ideas as if you were in control, what sorta teaser would you guys do. You guys feel what I'm saying?
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM,

I can see the problems with that idea, yes...

Is there a circumstance where a small Redoran village could exist on cyrodiilic land, and its true that its not all of the houses, but then again, there aren't many situations that it is, and besides, its still nice (You can show bonemold, architecture, some literature, some lore, etc...). Was just a thought, it may not be feasible.
06-11-2007, 12:07 AM,

here is what i dont understand. if they are trying to flee the oblivion gate problem, why go to cyrodiil where it is most concentrated?

"from the frying pan into the fire"
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-11-2007, 03:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
here is what I dont understand. if they are trying to flee the oblivion gate problem, why go to cyrodiil where it is most concentrated?

"from the frying pan into the fire"
yea that too, good point
06-11-2007, 03:14 AM,

Then what about Redoran seeking to help the imperials with the gates and rebuilding? Perhaps come to aid the survivors of kvatch?
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM,

Then what about Redoran seeking to help the imperials with the gates and rebuilding? Perhaps come to aid the survivors of kvatch?
That seems almost like a cooler idea-- they've lost their home, and been defeated, and so now they march to the heart of the conflict to carry on the fight against the enemy where their presence is most concentrated-- makes me think of sort of a last stand samurai/ronin type thing.