Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible quest?
12-01-2005, 08:53 PM,

good points all, but this does bring up something important, if the daedra are invading en masse, then wouldn't they be invading Vvardenfell too?

What if you visit Vvardenfell while the main quest is still open? Will random oblivion gates open up on the island like in Cyrodill?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-01-2005, 08:56 PM,

It's alredy posted somewhere that you will not be able to visit Vvardefell until you complete the Oblivion, something I am against.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM,

ah

12-01-2005, 08:58 PM,

What's your opinion on this?
12-01-2005, 09:15 PM,

i think that you should be able to visit at any time, but that does propose unique problems, if possible though, you should be able to travel to vvardenfell at any time.

Speaking of which how exactly are we going to get to Vvardenfell? enchanted ring? spell? dragon?!!?!?? hoof it??

12-01-2005, 09:18 PM,

I don't know excatly , but supossedly by a boat where you will be taken to vivec and thus starting the main Vvardefell quest.
You'll have to look it up. Sorry.
12-01-2005, 09:22 PM,

s'cool, i just wasn't sure, i mean there's just so many possible ways of doing it, but i do think that i we ever make it that far there should a way to walk (and swim) to Vvardenfell.

12-01-2005, 10:08 PM,

I believe that the only way onto the island will be through boat, but you can probably use fast travel after bieng there to return back and forth.

The idea of blocking off access until after the main quest is finished has to do with the storyline, but I can't remember more than that right now. I'll see if I can find out exactly where Kukulza was talking about some time ago.

And blocking off the island until after the main quest wouldn't be that hard to accomplish. Just have it where the entire see around Vvardenfell has been overfilled with Daedra due to the opening of the gates, so no boats are able or willing to try and cross.

I'll get back to you on the reasons if I can find them.

[edit] Ok, here is a quote from KuKulzA that I found in the Vivec and Nerevarine thread. He's answering the question of why limit the access to Vvardenfell until after the main quest of Oblivion.

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
easier... that way you won't have to pursue the TES4 quest all over Tamriel....
on top of that.... it would give a reason for Vivec to send an invitation... you being the great champion of Tamriel....
Go read the thread itself for a better understanding of why it has been decided this way.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-02-2005, 12:05 AM,

well, here are a few reasons...
1) Why immigrants to Vvardenfell might be limited
A. corprus, although no longer an active disease is still around, the infected creatures are still around killing people- so soldiers Imperial and Dunmer need to go on raids against the remnants of the 6th House Cult.
B. these are/were/still are partly Temple lands and the Dunmer leaders have pleaded with Duke Vedam Dren to limit the immigration of outlanders. Therefore, only a certain amount are allowed, that way, they don't stop coming, only at a slower pace
2) Why you can only get to Vvardenfell with the "Invitation From Vivec" opening quest, after you've done the TES4 quest
A. solves the problem of being in the TES4 quest while in the Vvardenfell one
B. gives a reason for Vivec to be inviting an outlander
C. that's what most Morrowind located mods are doing, to avoid inconveniences
-of course, you'll be able to go freely to Vvardenfell after the initial quest, which is more of a talk with Vivec and an intro into Vvardenfell 6 years after the Nerevarine's quest/prophecy
-formal Imperial transportation is limited as the Empire is trying to recover... and Dunmer will be less likely to help you get to what used to be Temple lands....
12-04-2005, 09:29 AM,

I remember this was alredy discussed.