Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning.
03-07-2008, 06:45 PM,
Planning.
General.

After discussing my priorities with the Core I stopped with the generation of the region areas and shifted my focus towards our capital.

Late November Razorwing and I decided to move Silgrad city to a number of child worldspaces. This will improve the FPS for the low (medium) end users, Razorwing is doing the same for Soluthis.

Due to limitations of the exterior tileset (fading) I have to resize the city (same number of interiors, the surface area will be smaller).

The exterior (original) wall will remain where it is and I'll create a new inner wall which surrounds the city (smaller surface). The slums are lying between the outer and the inner wall.

The complete inner wall will be placed in the ST land (main worldspace) together with the outer wall. Inside the inner wall I'll place LOD buildings (low quality versions). It's the same principle as with the Oblivion cities like Cheydinhal etc.

When the player approaches Silgrad city he/she will see the city with the two walls and the LOD buildings (made by Razorwing).

I discussed this with bob196045 and we agreed on the following.
Quote:Originally written by bob196045
Simple enough though the outer wall would be easily answered as a newer structure built by the Empire, possibly to expand the city more or as you said to provide better protection.

I am planning to use many of the NPC names from the TES3 version.
IMO the following locations from the TES3 mod should be included in the TES4 version as well.
  • The Forgotten Pub
  • The Fast Rat
  • The Magic Shoppe
  • Eru Onaye Finest Weapons
  • House of Wisdom

Check this thread posted by bob196045 for more info.

blue[/HR]

Planning.

1. I already posted new claims for the Riverside district, I'll post more. :check:

2. The shack claims for the slums will be posted within a week or two.
    SACarrow is going to mod a number of standard shacks. :check:

3. The Silgrad city area will be merged to the esm within four to five weeks (fully generated around 2000 cells). :check:

4. Creating Dungeon claims (tombs, caves) for the Silgrad area. :check:

5. Replacing the exterior textures of the tileset. :check:

6. The Slums district district (northern part near the Riverside district) will be accessible for modders when ready. WiP.

7. For the Riverside district there are problems with fading wall pieces. This also applies to the city walls in general. We don't have the final models --> Missing collision for the single piece house objects and no _far nifs for the walls. These have to be made/fixed before we add this district.

8. Rechecking the landscape (floaters etc.), WiP.

Silgrad Tower v3.0, #5.

:alert:
Updated February 24th 2010.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM,
RE: Planning.
I updated the short-term planning.

Perhaps you have noticed that we have two very active modders who are working on SC and almost completed all of the interiors for the Slums district (also many interiors for the Riverside district).

Many thanks to Zurke and Hegemege. :goodjob:
They kept me quite busy (reviewing) and I had a lot work in RL as well, so I changed the planning accordingly. Meaning that the Slums will be accessible for modders before the Riverside district.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-26-2008, 10:50 PM,

Great to hear the city is doing well Smile

Which reminds me that we still need the large Hlaalu tileset. There was a large Hlaalu tileset model floating about in the past, made by the guy who was considering making the tileset (before I did), but it didn't pan out. Either because I didn't get the file, or because I got the file and it wasn't useable, I forgot which.

How far up on my list should I place the large Hlaalu set? Other big jobs on my to-do-list is a large Velothi tileset and Imperial homes.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-27-2008, 12:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Which reminds me that we still need the large Hlaalu tileset. There was a large Hlaalu tileset model floating about in the past, made by the guy who was considering making the tileset (before I did), but it didn't pan out. Either because I didn't get the file, or because I got the file and it wasn't useable, I forgot which.

How far up on my list should I place the large Hlaalu set? Other big jobs on my to-do-list is a large Velothi tileset and Imperial homes.
IIRC TheImperialDragon is going to generate the Deepen Meadows area after the Deepen Moor area, so I think it would be a good idea to finish the Imperial homes before the large Hlaalu tileset.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-27-2008, 08:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

IIRC TheImperialDragon is going to generate the Deepen Meadows area after the Deepen Moor area
That's correct. Smile The Deepen Moor region has been generated but there's enough work left to do on that region in the meantime while I wait for the Deepen Meadows models. I'll post some screenshots of the region when I'm ready.
05-27-2008, 09:51 PM,

Okidoki, to be honest I have been itching to get started on the houses Big Grin I'll try to get started on them within a few days.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-19-2008, 05:20 PM,

As you may have noticed, this board has a second moderator, Zurke is the new deputy mayor of Silgrad city. Smile

He's a dedicated and talented modder, on behalf of the Core welcome aboard!

Zurke will continue to finish SC interior claims (he already made 30 interiors!).

I'll focus on the exterior.

blue[/HR]

Progress.
  • RideWithTheWind made very nice textures for the interior and exterior Hlaalu tileset. Due to RL issues he couldn't finish his work.
    Many thanks to RideWithTheWind and Stilgar for their textures! :yes:
  • I replaced many smaller rocks with the new larger rock types made by Razorwing. This solved the floating rock problem as well. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD