Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerful Drugs
04-09-2007, 03:02 AM,

the only problem with FOV, is that (in the console at least) the effect goes away after you open a menu. Doing FOV 180 is really weird though. Tons of distortion, which would be perfect if we could use OBSE or something for it. Unfortunately, that would require making black marsh OBSE dependant, though you could have "Drinks and Drugs" as an expansion ESP that is optional.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-09-2007, 03:28 AM,

hmm... yea i guess for now we can consider it will be a nice separate addition...
like a highly recommended part of the mod Confusedhrug:

what would be the drawbacks of making it OBSE dependant?
04-09-2007, 11:21 AM,

The drawbacks are not huge cause if the player doesn't have obse, the game won't crash when the script starts, he just won't have the visual effect... So it's not really obse dependant, it's more obse recommended. But I don't know if the other effects (hallucinations, addiction, memory loss...) would require obse. If so we definately need it.

to Seniosh: I don't have my computer here but I don't think that opening up a menu during the script reverts the camera's field of view to 75 (I'll chech that tonight, but I'm pretty sure). But it happens when the player swiches from 1st to 3rd person view. I don't know how to fix that, but people don't switch so often. Anyway there should be a way to ask the script to repeat every 5 seconds, but I'll need help for that (here or from other forums).

I still have to check Lap's inebriation mod to see how it works, maybe a combination could be interesting. We could also put a purple or red shader on the screen like I've seen in an other mod (if someone remember which mod it was, it would spare me some time).
04-09-2007, 06:48 PM,

This just screams Fallout to me, with it's permanent addictions and possible antidote that could be acquired much later down the road.... and my poor character ending up addicted for like 70% of the game. Big Grin

It would be create (although most likely impossible) if you could, together with a new shader, see some characters that are usually invisible or receive "visions" of some sort when you're high. That would be quite an experience. Cool
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
04-10-2007, 01:47 AM,

No, no repeating every 5 seconds. With this whole Shivering Isles Reference Bug, I'm afraid of endless loops that can accidentally pile up your reference count.
Lol what?
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM,

Ok then, no 5 seconds script. We still have to discuss about visual effects. Here are a list of possible ones:

- trigger hit shader: used in Lap's inebriation mod (actually it's what you see when you're hit strongly by an opponent (see video below)
- hallucination: I don't know how to do this. Script? Summon?
- change weather to Camoran paradise weather (or something even more purple/pink)
- increase FOV: the effect is quite funny, but it stops when changing camera mode (but not when opening up a menu).I'm not sure wether this effect is fine or not, maybe not very realistic.

This video shows a combination of triggerhitshader script from Lap and my custom increase fov script. Maybe I went too hard on the settings so please comment...
http://media.putfile.com/triggerfov
04-12-2007, 08:59 PM,

To avoid reusage by future mods, do you wanna rename Scholar's Herb, since the name is general?

is the black marshes paticularly backwards? It's free of political corruption
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cruxvader
To avoid reusage by future mods, do you wanna rename Scholar's Herb, since the name is general?

is the black marshes paticularly backwards? It's free of political corruption

I don't understand you meaning...
Black Marsh isnt free from corruption... the Shadowscales employed by Lilmoth royalty, the Archeins trying to hold onto their influence, Imperial governors overlooks migrant workers, serfdom, bribes, etc. And the extensive underground trade with smuggling and criminal syndicates.... Black Marsh is sorta like Latin America or Africa today... lots of poor places, corrupt and brutal government, and tribal peoples in the dense wilderness
04-12-2007, 10:01 PM,

but those tribal peoples, they are free of corruption?
04-12-2007, 10:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cruxvader
but those tribal peoples, they are free of corruption?
is see what you mean now...

the areas run by government are mostly corrupt...
Stormhold is an exception, its relatively clean but promotes assimiliation to Mages Guild and Imperial culture and stuff
Blackrose is... well... a city made to support the prison... its not a nice place but people can get jobs serving the legion that guards the place...
Gideon, Archon, and Soulrest are very corrupt places where rich governors, and rich Archeins (advisors and local rulers) make profits off the serfdom and toil of common Argonians... the argonians that do not live in the interior and have begun to lose their old connection with the Hist as they grew somewhat assimilated and disconnected due to generations of slavery
Thorn is a Velothi city that is in the Marsh but practically a free city... run mostly by Dunmer who grow increasingly violent and rebellious with the influx of militant self-exiled Dres who left Morrowind to come to Black Marsh where they fele they can carve their own 'true Dunmeri nation' and continue the old practices of ancestor worship and slavery
Lilmoth has been taken over and renovated by the Royal Clan (which hires Shadowscales) and it is set up like a utopia... but this utopia is enforced by secret agents, guards, and prisons...

every city basically is almost a city-state and every city is different, but all quietly monitored by the Royal Court in Lilmoth, the official government...

however the tribal Argonians live mostly in villages at the roots of or near their ancestor-Hist where old traditions and values have held firmly. There isn't corruption and little greed... and leadership is based on merit and virtue... with peace-chiefs, battle-chiefs and shamans emphasized as leaders depending on the region. Obviously nothern Black Marsh tribes woul dhave more use for Battle-Chiefs as they have frequent skirmishes with Dunmer