Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress Report and more involvment
10-30-2007, 12:30 AM,
Progress Report and more involvment
We need more people in here the officers quarters to be posting about the team. Also I suggest a progress report every week to show the weekly progression. Such as these claims were finished and these claims were opened.

Thread would go so as:

Meshes: New redoran mesh, new hlaalu mesh completed, needing a new telvanni mesh.

Armor: Chitin done, Redoran Bonemold done, Hlaalu bonemold needed a moddler.

Factions. Mages guild planned and done, fighters guild planned and done, thieves guild not opened needs to get started.

Sorta like this eh?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
10-30-2007, 02:00 AM,

A good idea. :yes: Eventually, we could also post this over at TESForums as an update.

I'll post something more detailed later, it's kinda late over here.
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM,

Hi guys. And thanks for the invite to the Yurt, InsanitySorrow. Smile

How does one create a proper voting poll in a forum thread? There are a couple of things I'd like to have a firm decision on, both regarding Galadrielle's content converter. We could just get it decided here, but since there are mixed thoughts over the issue I think it's only fair it be put up for a vote (say give it a week deadline).

1. First question is whether we use Galadrielle's content converter at all, so we have a ready populated exterior worldspace which we can replace/improve on later at will.

2. If the result of the first poll is yes, then shall we include converted interiors and if so, should they appear internally at 1x (TES3: Morrowind ) scale or match the 2x scale of this heightmap?

It'll take a bit of time for me to bring the interiors over and have doors matching to and from the 2x exterior etc, but once I know which direction we're going in I can crack on with the task.

Cheers,

Lightwave
11-04-2007, 03:11 PM,

I used converted meshes in Ebonheart... but I just converted exterior Imperial pieces and used them as I needed. I was literally just using them as placeholders. My two cents: Using the converter to make entire cells and interiors is trouble waiting to happen. For example if we convert Tel Mora, and stick in Lightwave's heightmap... a month later Satch shows up with his Telvanni set and we have to restart the whole thing because the proportions aren't quite the same.
11-04-2007, 04:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Also I suggest a progress report every week to show the weekly progression.
I agree.

Are there interiors ready for merging to the esm?
I would like to check the existing files (technically).
So an overview would be great.

Quote:Originally posted by Lightwave

How does one create a proper voting poll in a forum thread?
Creating a poll.

There are a couple of things I'd like to have a firm decision on, both regarding Galadrielle's content converter. We could just get it decided here, but since there are mixed thoughts over the issue I think it's only fair it be put up for a vote (say give it a week deadline).

1. First question is whether we use Galadrielle's content converter at all, so we have a ready populated exterior worldspace which we can replace/improve on later at will.
I think that's a good idea.

2. If the result of the first poll is yes, then shall we include converted interiors and if so, should they appear internally at 1x (TES3: Morrowind ) scale or match the 2x scale of this heightmap?

Cheers,

Lightwave
1X scale because the Morrowind interiors are oversized.

Quote:Originally posted by Cire992

....a month later Satch shows up with his Telvanni set and we have to restart the whole thing because the proportions aren't quite the same.
If the size differs from the original (MW) tileset it's doable to change the placement of the objects in question.
I did it a few times for ST because RW changed a tileset.
In any case it's faster than modding an interior from scratch.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandorCreating a poll.
Ta muchly - I'd totally overlooked that button previously. The mesh converter poll thread has been created now.

Quote:1X scale because the Morrowind interiors are oversized.
I'm leaning more towards 1x too, but since most if not all building interiors will likely be replaced by most the modders, the remaining tombs and caves could look pretty cool in 2x where some are pretty cramped in TES3. 1x is just the safer option ... Confusedhrug:
11-29-2007, 12:05 PM,

would this be an internal progress report or a public progress report. I think an internal one every week so the team knows whats done and what needs done, then maybe a monthly one for the public so they get to see a good amount on progress.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]