Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress notes for Silgrad City.
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
That looks pretty good. My only gripe was that it was too level. But closer inspection proved that it had bumps and hillocks :goodjob:

I agree with FLESH here, more rough terrain, some little stacks of dirt, plants, etc... trees...
08-08-2006, 06:12 AM,

canals can be created...we have to understand how to make running water first Smile)
08-08-2006, 08:21 AM,

Duke Oram's manor

garden is in very early phase of development

on the second screenshot is the guest building
there's third one - for guards, but it's not seen Smile
08-08-2006, 08:32 AM,

Looking very good all, hoever, I do have one important note: The ground textures are green, they should be brown. Also, the roads are very wide, especially in this shot, try mixing it with dirt textures, so it will look older and more urban Smile

overall: great job! :goodjob:
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
08-08-2006, 09:02 AM,

I like the area with "Market Square" written in the centre (j/k. I know it's just to identify to make it easier on all of us until we actually release it. Smile )

Other than that, maybe some sort of source of water? Like a nearby lake or something? And rivers leading to the canal? (btw, I think canals are usually a wee bit longer than in the pic Wink )
08-08-2006, 09:05 AM,

Looking very nice, although I don't understand what you mean about running water. That is only for waterfalls, I have not seen rivers have running water as of yet?
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
08-08-2006, 09:31 AM,

Well, in TES3 ST there were waterfalls - they were the source of the canal.
I think I'll make the canal thinner and longer. At the canal end water goes underground (should be used when modding sewers).
Btw, canal is not small, it's length = 3 cells. It's just too wide I think

I don't remember if Oblivion had running water. I hoped it had Smile)
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM,

I love making waterfalls, if you ever need any help in that area just give me a call. The waterfall models are in the Static/Landscape folder in the CS.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
08-08-2006, 09:38 AM,

A canal is basically a man-made river (above ground), and usually it does not go underground. It is used to get water to settlements mainly, and in some cases, other more pressing matters. It needs a water source.
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
I love making waterfalls, if you ever need any help in that area just give me a call. The waterfall models are in the Static/Landscape folder in the CS.

Hmm, I haven't found any waterfalls in Static/Landscape