Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress report?
11-24-2008, 06:08 AM,

Ciao Gamer and Willward are our other concept artist. We could ask them specifically to help develop the region concepts.
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM,

Sorry that i was so absent lately, i didn't have time to post but i'm still present.
It's really hard at college, so i'm very busy.
That's the bad news, here's the good news.
1) i know how to use ZBrush 3.1 ( that's currently the best 3d softwareyou can get)
2) i have google sketchup pro (this means i can create buildings)
3) i have lots of idea and i'm writing 'em all down in a book (Manuscriptus Akavirii)
4) i have lots of concept drawings
5) the progress on the Star Wars mod's going good (again this doesn't mean i'm not helping you guys anymore)
6) i'll be back online (permanently) in 3 weeks and 2 days

(this is my last post untill then)
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
11-24-2008, 06:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
Sorry that I was so absent lately, I didn't have time to post but i'm still present.
It's really hard at college, so i'm very busy.
That's the bad news, here's the good news.
1) I know how to use ZBrush 3.1 ( that's currently the best 3d softwareyou can get)
2) I have google sketchup pro (this means I can create buildings)
3) I have lots of idea and i'm writing 'em all down in a book (Manuscriptus Akavirii)
4) I have lots of concept drawings
5) the progress on the Star Wars mod's going good (again this doesn't mean i'm not helping you guys anymore)
6) i'll be back online (permanently) in 3 weeks and 2 days

(this is my last post untill then)

Woohoo!!! We will be glad when you have more time. Thanks for the update.
11-25-2008, 03:54 AM,

Brilliant :goodjob:
Welcome Back Shiver Tail
Have a Banana...
:banana:
11-28-2008, 03:07 AM,

Here's the next step. If this isnt done then nothing will.

1) Go over a region or claim.
2) Gather as much ideas as possible regarding how it looks. Conceptual art is needed to solidify.
3) Make a list of everything we still need to make it.
4) Create or improvise. Trees and plants are needed
5) Revise the objects we have and what was planned.
6) Finalize this region
7) Set up a preset list for generation
8) Repeat for the next region

This is Obviously a group effort because everyone needs to shape the island and its many places and NOT 1 PERSON. So calling All Concept Artists (as listed on the Akavir Census), this project is as good as DEAD if we dont know what is being made. We need a preset list but to make it we need an idea of the trees, rocks, plants, animals, people what ever else! If you have a problem you should POST IT! If your going away, POST IT! If you think Akavir should just be forgotten, POST IT!

(as some may notice, only a couple of members actually do work and these people know that without them the whole plan frays and disappears. Everyone else just simply sits and smiles and Pretends to do work. I suggest deeply that people physically try and extend their knowledge and skills. Start from the beginning of something and learn a thing or two. Ask Questions! or even better, seek answers by your self! )
I cant keep pushing for work from the members. I've done so for almost a month and I cant see any change.
11-28-2008, 12:30 PM,

I remember seeing a screenshot by Phitt that had some pagodas and bamboo plants that he was working on. I know that he released the pagodas but I'm unsure if he ever did anything with the bamboo.

Perhaps it's worth getting in touch with him about it, since I imagine it would speed things up over here.
11-28-2008, 02:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
Here's the next step. If this isn't done then nothing will.

1) Go over a region or claim.
2) Gather as much ideas as possible regarding how it looks. Conceptual art is needed to solidify.
3) Make a list of everything we still need to make it.
4) Create or improvise. Trees and plants are needed
5) Revise the objects we have and what was planned.
6) Finalize this region
7) Set up a preset list for generation
8) Repeat for the next region

This is Obviously a group effort because everyone needs to shape the island and its many places and NOT 1 PERSON. So calling All Concept Artists (as listed on the Akavir Census), this project is as good as DEAD if we dont know what is being made. We need a preset list but to make it we need an idea of the trees, rocks, plants, animals, people what ever else! If you have a problem you should POST IT! If your going away, POST IT! If you think Akavir should just be forgotten, POST IT!

(as some may notice, only a couple of members actually do work and these people know that without them the whole plan frays and disappears. Everyone else just simply sits and smiles and Pretends to do work. I suggest deeply that people physically try and extend their knowledge and skills. Start from the beginning of something and learn a thing or two. Ask Questions! or even better, seek answers by your self! )
I cant keep pushing for work from the members. I've done so for almost a month and I cant see any change.

I cannot stress enough just how important what Exilehunter is saying here. This is a group effort. Because of my own brain injury issues, I am unable to do any modelling, texturing or heightmapping.

I can however, try to keep this project alive so that all the people who have done so much hard work can see their work born into a real mod that others can enjoy playing.
11-28-2008, 09:12 PM,

Brilliant. :goodjob:
so what section do we start on?
11-29-2008, 02:23 AM,

Since our concept artisits are Willward, Shivertail and Ciao Gamer, it makes sense for the 3 to collaborate. Since Shivertail is away, we need willward back. his email is: willward101190[a]hotmail.co.uk - i suggest we get moving first before we contact him, unless you feel compelled to do so anyway.
I think we should start on something small like the beaches or the camps. So we now need an idea of how they look.
11-29-2008, 02:41 AM,

I think we should start on Claim 004- Landscaping - The Tsaesci Highlands since thats the only exterior being worked on at the moment.