Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Prometheus'" Maps
03-02-2007, 10:02 PM,
"Prometheus'" Maps
[please don't delete my posts]

Those maps that are flying around these forums and archived in the 'Maps' page were not made by Prometheus. They were made by Moorkh (a founder of TR with Ender) almost a year before Prometheus showed up in the modding community. And I know for a fact that Moorkh didn't give ST permission to host them. Whatever permission TR gave ST to host them is unfounded as Moorkh was never notified. I would suggest removing them from this site.
03-02-2007, 10:15 PM,
RE: "Prometheus'" Maps
Howdy

I did not delete your post, I simply moved it to the internal board so it could be reviewed & discussed by the admins.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM,

if nothing else they should be renamed, giving moorkh the credit he deserves. i dont rember (admitably that was ages ago and im probably wrong) if TR gave permision at all
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
03-02-2007, 11:02 PM,

I've searched the archives and the belief that Prometheus created the map we host on our server started in the thread Kogo-Tel on the Visual Development board back in September 2005. To quote Ben Vagara in his post in that thread:

Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
I had joined TR in January 2003. I forgot who did the original map, but the one that is in use by TR now was created/managed by Prometheus. He and I collaborated on many of the western place names using books and dialog.

I have no reason to believe that you Oht_Nought are wrong in saying that Moorkh created the original map, but I can't readily dismiss Ben's viewpoint as he says he worked alongside Prometheus in creating the version you use today - or at least did in September 2005. On the other hand it isn't fully apparant to what extent Prometheus and Ben worked on it; it's possible their work mostly consisted of adding/changing town markers and names and that the base of the map was created by Moorkh. Before Ben's post I just referred to it as "TR's map". Oh well, I'm glad that got cleared up.

I started hosting it on silgrad.com sometime in early 2005, probably just to have convenient access to it and to avoid draining another server's bandwidth, same as I did when I hoted the "Art of Morrowind" scans from the Imperial Library. Would you really rather have me link to the map on TR's server? If so then I'm happy to obligue.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-03-2007, 12:45 AM,

The work done on the maps by Prom and Vag was simply that, they were responsible for adding city names and region names not given by Moorkh's original. The map as you see it was done 2 years prior, as you should know because Claim C, aka Silgrad Tower, was on that map in early 2003, well before Prom was a member.

It seems logical to me that you either contact Moorkh, who's map it actually is, or remove the link to it.
03-03-2007, 04:30 PM,

i believe ON is correct. moork made the original with prometheus making changes to it later on (i belive incorporating solthiem was his work, but im not sure).

i was around doiring septembger 05, and i dont rember any changes bieng made to the map at that time (exept updating claims info and stuff).

to quote moorkh, he did make the map, all way back when.

Quote:- drew a big huge map of MW
("TR Modder Status Tryouts", Archives, Dec 30, 2005)

Also, doing some research proved that moorkh was done with his map and had left TR sometime before the end of 02. prom joined in august 03, by which time the map was long compleated (infact he says that it was one of the motivating factors for him).

03-04-2007, 12:54 AM,

...research proved that moorkh was done with his map and had left TR sometime before the end of 02. prom joined in august 03, by which time the map was long compleated (infact he says that it was one of the motivating factors for him). [citation needed]

Sorry, I had to chime in. Ignore me, it's a Wikipediot joke. Big Grin
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
03-04-2007, 02:19 AM,

To clear any doubt , I retrieved the original map and I didn't create it , though I had to complete several missing and uncomplete parts , add new style for cityes , add new villages , stuff around , change it according to lore , quadrateit all for claim purpouses and also add Solsteheim and other isles and stuff around .....
03-04-2007, 07:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
...research proved that moorkh was done with his map and had left TR sometime before the end of 02. prom joined in august 03, by which time the map was long compleated (infact he says that it was one of the motivating factors for him). [citation needed]

Sorry, I had to chime in. Ignore me, it's a Wikipediot joke. Big Grin

the joined date of prom and the motivation quote are both from the when did you start with the project thread. the leaving date of moorkh is from a comment by eraser on the in the hammerfell lore thread Wink

thanks for claryfing prom, i was right then.

03-04-2007, 09:05 PM,

This tread confuses me....
It looks like a credit fight but i dont know what about.....
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin