Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quest Discussion] Main Quest
10-03-2007, 07:51 PM,

Oh, i've got a preliminary exterior that i made a few months back... i guess that'd be one of the things to discuss in-depth. We do have exterior pieces, and i'll see if i can get it to filefront, if i don't already have it on filefront.

Give me a list of questions about models, textures, the layout, ect. and i'll see if i can come up with answers. My mind's just too full to try describing every aspect of this at once.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-03-2007, 10:16 PM,

Very good

Yes if you could post it or send it to me by e-mail that would be great, that weill be my first test of wheather I can use the cs with my new pc

As far as what we need to discuss, that was one of my questions
the other concern I have is the interior tile set, I know that we have some and we are getting others, but I am still not sure if anyone is working on the Dwarven(Tribunal) pieces, these are quite important
to the making of the interior.

The other thing is laying out the interior A rough draft of the interior cells would give us a good start once we have all the tiles needed but we would need to see the exterior first and finalize it (the layout) in order to ensure the interior is located accordingly, though in the case of Dwemer ruins its not as critical as others since the ruin is mostly underground but the above ground areas and towers would have to
be positioned properly.

Thats about all for now on this subject

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-04-2007, 01:42 AM,

As far as i know, nobody's touched the tribunal pieces. There are also several exterior pieces that are missing, which is why the exterior isn't fully completed (i don't want to be overly repetitive with the pieces i have)

I'm just about to read your PM, i'll respond promptly.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-05-2007, 08:37 PM,

I have a rough layout of where the interior cells will be. I'm not sure if it's what you were looking for, but it's something. I personally find that it's almost impossible to design an exact layout (piece by piece) until you can actually build it and see how it looks.

here's the key for the map
The entrance and tests is black.
The main city and residential is orange
The throne room is red. Prehaps the vaults could be directly below?
The council chambers and main control room is the darker green
The military section is yellow, this includes arsenal, defense controls, ect
Light green is the observatory.
The light blue is the industrial complex. this will be lower than the residential, and extend under it
the grey is the mines and caves. This goes under the industrial, as well as some near the military
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-08-2007, 02:12 PM,

I made the dumac exterior topic a sticky, I think its quite important. We could add new claims for parts of the landmass to be completed. We have a layout, we don't need any assets for that. Do something like silgrad does and the land would be done in no-time.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-08-2007, 08:16 PM,

do something like silgrad does.... so we'd be able to have a completely unmodded exterior just like them?? Oh boy!

nah, i'm only kidding, we've got an area the size of maybe 2 silgrad land claims, so we won't really need to break it up that much. The problem is that you can't really landscape without a proper set of both ground textures and rock textures.

Luckily, VABG's making both of those, so we should be good in a matter of days

And no offense to the ST landscaping team. considering how many people are picking up region claims, i think the effort is quite valiant

[edit] Holy $%#! when did our region become that large?? that's like 600 cells! I swear it wasn't that large last time i checked it. You can probably disregard much of what i said. The only solution is that i'm going to have to learn how to use the auto-generator, and we'll have to slice and dice to make lots of claims to individualize the region.

Looks like we have more land to fill than the claims that are up for soluthis. Luckily, you don't have to do much editing to a giant mountain, which takes up half the space. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks like we've got half the bitter coast
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-09-2007, 05:04 AM,

:lmao:

Your Edit post about covers it

I was not aware of the size of the area needing to be modded, and also I can say if its modded in the same terrain styles as ES3 is, this is quite an undertaking as thier is much terrain change from one side to the other.

Its not something one or two modders can do in a reasonable time frame, I would suggest plugging this in some of the other forums and seeing if we can get some good exterior landscapers into the mix

Of course we should wait until we are ready before posting such a request

Enjoy
Bob

10-09-2007, 11:26 AM,

I new we had a good bit of land but judging grom the image Sandor posted yesterday, we seem to have more land. In the long run its more work but it means we have more to play with.

Seniosh: What is the auto-generator?

So we should now discuss splitting the land and setting up claims as soon as we get the land textures.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM,

How does this work in Silgrad ES4, is their land or does the land need to be made "Auto Generator" ? I know not, is that how the land is made in ES4 CS or is it the same as morrowind

Enjoy
Bob

10-10-2007, 01:22 AM,

I'm not sure of the proper name, but there is an automatic landscape generator in oblivion that lets you input certain parameters (ground texture, plant types, rock types, elevation change, ect) and have the computer automatically generate landscape with those things on it.

basically, it creates generic landscapes, which modders can then go and customize to their heart's content, without having to place everything by hand.

I've never used it, and i have no idea how it works. All of this is just what i've gathered from reading through some of the region claims threads.

So what i'm saying is this: anyone know a good tutorial for it? Cause we can't do 600 cells by hand.

And bob, please give us as much information as possible on how the region was in TES3. i was assuming west gash throughout, but seeing as our land is so huge, i can see how there would be a lot of transition.

maybe discuss this further in the exterior of dumac thread?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala