Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest Ideas for Steadhelm
06-22-2006, 06:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Hows about we do a quest about a mysterious wizard in a tower near a town. The village hates the wizard even though he is trying to make things better. The mayor asks the player to kill the wizard. Options would be:

Kill the kind wizard - keep village happy
Kill the mayor - keep the wizard happy
Try and (helplessly) negotiate between the two - Won't work however
Work for the wizard to prove his good intentions - everybody happy, unless player fails
Ignore it all - keep player busy doing something else

What do you think?

I like the pirate ship idea, by the way. Maybe the pirates can be the authorities in the town, as all the guards are dead. Pirate town/hideaway.

I like the wizard quest idea. You should be able to persuade them to stop hating eachother only if you have high personality instead of not at all.
06-22-2006, 06:54 PM,

Just so you know, I can usually pull quest ideas out of my hat, so anybody need ideas, just send me a PM.

Another idea is an assassination quest. You are confronted by a shady Dunmer who offers to pay you well if and only if you kill a noble in hiding. Accept this quest and you will be tasked to DarkSteed Cave. If not, well, I'll get to that later.

At this point, the player has these options:

Tell the authorities
Carry out the assassination as planned
Warn the noble

If the player refuses:

Tell the authorities
If not, later approached by a legionnaire, asking about the shady Dark Elf
Kill the shady dunmer

Now to describe each option in detail:

Tell the authorities: Visited by legionnaire later (same one as if player refuses) who quests player to save the noble (if accepted). Several cultists, including our shady dunmer, are already there trying to kill the noble. Reward varied as defined by successful or not. Legionnaire as companion?

Carry out the assassination as planned: Poisioned arrow, poisioned food, stabbed, drowned, whatever. Get creative. Soul trapped as proof? Meets our shady character at some specified inn after the deed has been done.

Warn the noble: Results in a leveled reward. Have to fight out of the dungeon from newly spawned assassins (shady dunmer too) and keep the noble alive.

Not accepting, not telling authorities: Virtually the same as telling authorities, just takes longer for legionnaire to find you.

Kill the shady dunmer: Cuts off the quest completely.
06-22-2006, 07:29 PM,

Thats a great quest idea. I like quests that give you multiple ways to complete it.
06-22-2006, 08:20 PM,

The problem with these multiple out-come quests is that they are harder to make, but they pay off ten-fold.

EDIT: Anyone who wants to take these ideas for Silgrad Tower are welcome, I'm probably never going to make most of these myself... Just tell me what you'll use them for.
06-22-2006, 09:37 PM,

Mind if elsweyr uses the assination quest idea? I like the idea of fighting your way out of a sandy dungeon through khajiit in desert garb.
And stadhelm owuld like to use the wizards quest, but no killing the mayor, need him for other quests. perhaps humiliating him in public?
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-22-2006, 10:40 PM,

Sure, go right ahead.

Though for the wizard one, how about it is some priest or something instead of the mayor? I don't know, it's Steadhelm's decision now.
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM,

The local temple of kynareth has PLENTY of spare priests :chaos:
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-23-2006, 11:52 PM,

Hmm... I could post quest ideas after ideas and watch my insignia next to my name rise in rank Big Grin, it would be helpful to the development of this project, and it'd make me happy Smile =) Big Grin

:] I like that idea.

Next idea is this:

Man/Woman found dead in mansion. Investigate who killed him/her.

Twist: The guy/gal was a wanted gang member dead or alive. The city guard want's to know who killed him/her for the reward. They want the proof: his missing diamond ring.

Why the real killer doesn't reveal himself: So he doesn't become a target of the gang.

Motive: Avenge a dead lover.

How to pick up quest: Rumor, see Guard Captain/Lieutenant/Investigator.

Ways it can play out:

After some investigation, the player finds the killer. The killer says that he/she won't reveal him/herself because it is too dangerous. So, the killer offers the player (after earning trust ie: killing another member of the gang or disposition level) this alternative: Take the ring and show it to the authorities, they can then reward the player, and the player takes it back to the killer for a special reward of an enchanted robe.

1. Player can do as he says, but later be a target of the gang.
2. Player claim reward and keep it
3. Player kill the killer, take the ring, and claim the reward (but not the hidden robe)
4. Convince the killer to come out of hiding, player rewarded with a third of gold, killer killed three days later.
5. Or as always, report it as unsolved.
11-13-2006, 12:49 AM,
Another idea
It would be neat of pirates overran a small town...perhaps another option would be to head off and find a Imperial Naval Fortress and somehow convince the Captain there to send in ships...would probably require a quest of some sort to prove to the captain that the player has good intentions.
A signature? But...how will I ever think of something clever like everyone else!
03-16-2007, 11:04 PM,

Any of this been implimented ?

Good Suggestions here.... I'll move it to Submissions and we can sort through them

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories