Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest Planning
02-23-2007, 10:31 AM,
Quest Planning
Well i think we should have a quest that revolves around Dumac City, something to draw the player in more and give them a little something extra other than a ruin to explore.

Any Ideas, cause i'm fresh out Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-23-2007, 10:36 PM,

Hmm can i have some quick background on Dumac? Just so i don't have to dig through years of forum posts...

I think i've gathered that it was once the capitol of Dwemer empire (correct me if i'm wrong) but after empire moved farther east, became less powerful politically and capitol was moved to vvardenfell.

Now for quest ideas.
IF there is a town or city anywhere near dumac, then prehaps centurions or some other mechanism of the dwemer could come to life and cause problems, old steam vents open up, all of dumac comes back to a rather mechanized life. This is extremely worrying to the townsfolk who live near this giant ruin.

You fight your way through the ruin to find the control center in shambles. Somebody activated the city, and then smashed the control board and scattered the pieces, which you will obviously have to recover, or scavange in order to shut the place down.

Gather the pieces, ect ect, put together the computer, and be confronted by the dwemer's last great feat of engineering, a setinent machine. gasp! And next, find somebody who can make better plots, cause i'm stuck Big Grin

Hope it helped some ideas... possibly? Stories have never been my forte.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-23-2007, 10:56 PM,

I believe Dumac was said in lore to be a Dwemer King who fought alongside Lord Nerevar at the battle of Red Mountain. I don't think he was the King of the Dwemer, but rather the leader of a very large 'clan'. That's just speculation on my part though.

If I were to pitch a quest idea, this would be it:
The player is approached by one of the city guards (in a city of your choosing), same as the way the player was approached after talking to the lunatic in Skingrad. The guard says the 'mayor' of the city requests an audience. The mayor tells the player that reports have surfaced that the "X" bandit gang is gearing up for a raid against Dumac to pillage it's artifacts, and the mayor wants them stopped before they make off with the loot. Since trading in Dwemer items in Morrowind is illegal. If the player accepts the quest, a timer starts, and he'll actually have to race there in order to complete the quest the normal way. BUT, if the player doesn't get there in time, the bandit gang actually leaves the ruin with the loot and starts travelling towards their bandit cave -- so if the player is inventive, he could hunt them down, or he could scour the earth for evidence that points in the direction of the bandit cave. Perhaps one of the bandits accidentally dropped a low-value artifact on the ground, or perhaps they made a campfire, or things like that. At the end of the quest the player can be truthful to the mayor and hand over the loot, or he can lie and say they had already sold the loot and keep it for himself, but naturally the mayor sees the latter as a partial failure.

Just an idea that came to mind of course, not saying you have to use it Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-24-2007, 04:47 AM,

I have a few Ideas I had been working on for this Ruin

I will post them asap, I want to get it into a format first

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-25-2007, 06:47 PM,

a kinda tomp raider quest would be cool,like you have to jump from the on rock to another with lava below you weil you have to slash some enemy's
srry bad at langue:\
02-26-2007, 10:11 AM,

These are all nice ideas :goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM,

Howdy

I have a suggestion in lines with my newly aquired position

Since the Dumac quest(s) are in my opinion all something we want to do

I think what we need to do the following

Make a list of Quest (s) we want sourrounding Dumac

We allready have:

Quest 1 Finding a way into the ruins:
due to the complexity of the Dwemer Tests the ruin interior has remained undiscovered, Its the players task to find a way into the interior by passing through these tests. We also need a reason for the quest giver to ask the player to find a way in. Are we looking for something in particular ?

Quest 2 The Dwemer Synthesis Machine
We have discussed this and its a great idea, I think we know what we want now lets detail it

Quest 3 The New Weapon This ties in with the above and possilby it could also be the reason the quest to find a way in is given ?

What other quest (s) do we want involving Dumac, lets brainstorm that !

A list of items we need made (this is a dynamic requirement)

Dialogue will most likely be minimum as the only quest thus far coming from outside sources to get into the ruin (this gives me another Idea Big Grin)

The Dwemer Tileset is in work, ? yes ? no. The TES3 version of Dumac uses the Dwemer Archecture from both MW and TRI will that be the same case in TES4? or will we need to remake the ruin to fit what we have available?

your thoughts

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-02-2007, 08:58 AM,

Its a great idea, well i will work on a list of possible items we will need, the Dwemer Set is in the works and i think it's based off the morrowind set so extras will have to be asked for, which should not be a problem.

AS far as quests go, lets ask people what they would like to see, i'm guess the main quest could involve a special weapon that only the synthesis machine can make so a collector or someone interested will ask you to find it.

As far as the tests go, maybe it was a security network so that only citizens know the right way through the puzzles and an enemy wouldn't so it protects the inner city.

I think we should add in maybe a few dwemer ghosts and give them small dialogue, like they don't know they are dead or are haunting the place.

So lets brainstorm some more.
03-29-2007, 01:31 AM,

I think the bandit idea is a good way to draw the player into a quest of much larger complexity. Such as the mayor tells you go to after the bandits, and you get to the ruin only to see one remaining bandit running from the ruin, who speaks gibberish before keeling over and dying.

After you report the bandits dead, the mayor will declare the ruins a danger to his town, but because there are no troops available, he begs you to go back in and discover a way to shut down Dumac (which will have become active with after the intrusion of the bandits) After passing successfully through the tests, you will encounter the synthesis machine (not sure how yet) And it will be instrumental in getting past steam vents, across broken sections, and fixing damaged controls. After a bit of exploring, you will inevitably get to the control center for Dumac, where there will be a great deal of levers and switches, which have to be switched properly in order to stop the danger to the town (from large steam vents, lava flows, centurions, ect) While doing this, the (now dead) leader of Dumac confronts you, because of course he doesn't want his city to be deactivated. After you kill him to death, the town is saved.

If anyone can think of something better or different for the quest, speak up.

The other thing to concentrate on is the after-quest. After all, to get to the control center, you don't really have to go through much of dumac - just the tests and residential. There are plenty of secrets still to be had by our dear ruin.
Prehaps after assurance it is safe, the empire will send a team of scientists to dumac, and you can do many quests for them, in order to help unlock the secrets of dumac, including the capabilities of the synthesis machine, and the vaults where the blade insanity's working on can be held.
Many many cool things to be done here... Everything from the scholarly to the practical. Read through translated dwemer texts, or discover the latest dwemer weapons (though they can't be too powerful). Or help the scientists dig deeper into the ruin. Something that turns Dumac into a giant ruin that seems ever-changing.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-29-2007, 11:01 AM,

I think this is a nice way of explaining why no one enters Dumac City but also gives the story an extra layer.