Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest concept for anyone to take
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM,
Quest concept for anyone to take
I had this great quest concept laying around, which could result into just about the best thief/roleplay experience for the entire mod if done properly.

Any project can use it; ST, Tes4:Vvar, Skyrim, etc.
Note: it's written for OB, so maybe change the ayleid into dwemer or anything else.

-------------------------------------------------

The Setting
A restored ayleid ruin was purchased as a new economic idea with as target group very rich bastards. It's a grand size hotel with about 20 big suites. These rich bastards use this as a temporary home, more than a few nights of sleeping and then leaving again. These people, who are rich, have their thigns of value stored in safety deposit boxes beneath the hotel.

The poor rich bastards think their belongings are safe, but deep inside an abandoned fort ruin a group of proffessional criminals are planning an organized crime. If you join the crime you will be the "Executer", that means you will be performing the crime, one of the more important tasks but since the most criminals in question are already veterans and only their age doesn't allow them to do such work they let you do it.

The Robbery system
The deposit boxes won't be very easy to reach, you have to go through several phases before reaching it.

1: The Hotel Lobby
Here are the keys to the keys of the rich bastards' suites. At day they will be just on the shelves and easy to grab IF you're not being seen. However, at night they go to the room of the big boss which is secured by 2 guards.
So you have 2 choices:
- Try not to be seen while grabbing over 15 keys from the shelves, Or,
- Try sneaking past 2 guards and grab the keys out of the boss.

2: The suites
Once you have the keys to the suites you can actually enter the suites to grab the keys to the deposit boxes themselves. This will be a hard task since you will have to be unnoticed more than 15 times when entering the suites.

3: The Bank
The bank is the most complicated part since it consists of 3 challenges:
- The control room
- The guards
- The deposit room
The control room is full of buttons which control lights, traps, doors, etc. It's guarded and you will have to figure out what to disable and what to enable to get your way through without getting the attention of the guards protecting the vault
The guards will be in a complex system of hallways which will eventually lead towards the deposit room. This part of the hotel is not refined, scarcely lighted and the gaurds inside will be carrying torches.
The deposit box room will be featuring traps triggered by magical light beams crossing the room, it'll have 4 gaurds, and will be fully lightened so everything is being seen by the gaurds.

This is an overview of different ways you can accomplish the quest:

Plan

to explain the ranks:

Rank 1: you patrol through the area of the Demo I released, maybe some more areas. This will give you insisght information of where the guards patrol and how you can sneak through.

Rank 2: You will be patrolling at night in the hotel itself, you will be given the keys of all the rooms so ou don't have to steal them anymore.

Rank 3: You will be stationed inside the vault. You are now a trusted member of the crew so they give you all the keys. This way you can just grab the treasure and hide yourself until someone notices. Or you can of course say someone else did it.
---

After this you'll have to get back, report to your masters and take your cut.
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
09-24-2006, 05:15 PM,
RE: Quest concept for anyone to take
Nerbod, weren't you working on this mod? What happened?
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
09-24-2006, 05:33 PM,

not enough time Sad
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
09-24-2006, 05:41 PM,

I'm sorry to hear that. It was a solid idea =)
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
09-24-2006, 05:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
It was a solid idea =)

correction: It IS
09-24-2006, 05:45 PM,

I like your idea Nerbod. :yes:
I would like to use it for Silgrad city (we'll have large bank with it's own deposit).

I'll mod the hotel! It's a great idea.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM,

use it as you please Smile
09-24-2006, 06:59 PM,

Thank you! Smile :yes:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-24-2006, 09:10 PM,
RE: Quest concept for anyone to take
Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
Plan

Huh? Where is the option to frame someone else? The option of creating a decoy? The option to turn the criminals in, then while the guards are arresting them, steal the treasure for yourself? Sad
09-26-2006, 07:17 PM,

on a place where most scripters can't go Wink