Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quokimbo's Models
08-04-2008, 08:10 PM,

I have made some screens of daedric ruin pieces.
One of the last screens shows a door (which would perfectly fit fit in the doorjamb). I hope you can see the textures too of some pics.
The last screen shows how a deadric ruin should/could look like and was taken in vanilla mw.
There is screen of an arm with an axe. This because a broken statue. Perhaps you can create broken statue pieces from the deadric statues of vanilla OB.
08-04-2008, 09:25 PM,

To be fair, I don't think those shots show the ruins in all their glory. I went searching and found some other shots that may help and attached them below.

Personally, I'm in favour of using a little more artistic license here and moving away from the MW, perhaps even the OB, norm. As you may or may not know, I'm unfamiliar with MW and joined this project for the sheer potential of the thing rather than any vaguely nostalgic feelings. And whilst I'm no great artist (so I'm not going to be able to produce concept art that approaches a proper standard for this mod) I nonetheless love architecture and may be able to offer a suggestion or two.

What we see here, from what I can tell, is basically Bethesda's early efforts with Daedra design and even though I like the bulbous towers and the fallen globe-like construction (wonky structures and circular designs look cool), they nonetheless moved on from this with OB. So how about partially using the OB models (from Oblivion itself) as a base, retexturing them and blending their design with that of MW's Daedric design's better features? I think the beauty of the Ayleid ruins of OB comes partly from its geometrically-pleasing revolving around a central point (namely the circular frame with spiral steps downwards).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-04-2008, 09:47 PM,

Most of the pics are dwemer ruins and the last one is a telvanni construction.
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM,

IB, I hate to tell you this since you are unfamiliar with Morrowind but the rounded bulbous structures are Dwemer Architecture, the sharp slanted twisted pointy ones are Daedric Architecture.

MAF

Oops, stuck my foot in my mouth, heh heh, shoulld have read the next post, exactly right, sorry, I'll just shut up now!

MAF
"The more we seek to do, the more time becomes our enemy."

The Boserman
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM,

Okay, fair do's :confused: . I know nothing of MW....but I still think there is something to be gained from using the OB Oblivion architecture as a base and building up the general togetherness of the thing.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-06-2008, 07:30 PM,

I have been just adding on to the mug. The floor is not final, and neither is the plate, I need to know what color or material to make it? What did they use for plates? leather? pottery?

[Image: Floortablecupplate.jpg]

[Image: Floortablecupplate1.jpg]

What you think?

ADDED: All the pieces combined only amount to 806 Tri's
I are Quokimbo!
[url="http://ZacharyRussell.com"]Website[/url]/[url="http://zacharyrussellphotography.com/"]Blog[/url]
08-14-2008, 12:35 PM,

You might want to up the res on that carpet texture, as currently it seems a bit too low for the size of the object. Also, is there a normal map on the table? That's a neat cup though, very novel!
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"
08-17-2008, 06:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Okay, fair do's :confused: . I know nothing of MW....but I still think there is something to be gained from using the OB Oblivion architecture as a base and building up the general togetherness of the thing.

The problem is that Daedric architecture in Morrowind equalled shrines while the same in Oblivion equals towers and dungeons, meaning it's of no help in modding shrines.

Quokimbo: Nice work on the tankard :goodjob: The table looks too lowpoly though, and the texture has lower-than-ideal resolution. I think a minimum of 2000 faces would be ok. You said: What did they use for plates? leather? pottery? It depends on who "they" are, I'm not clear on who that is, but if you're making trinkets for Dunmer then traditionally poor people use wood and rich people use a form of pottery called redware; if you're making furniture for Dunmer then poor people use ragged, worn wood and rich people use fine, ornate wood.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-23-2008, 07:51 PM,

[Image: finishedeverything.jpg]

What do you think?

http://zacharyrussellphotography.com/

Read the first post! Smile
I are Quokimbo!
[url="http://ZacharyRussell.com"]Website[/url]/[url="http://zacharyrussellphotography.com/"]Blog[/url]
08-23-2008, 08:18 PM,

The textures look marvellous, and the mapping perfect. The meshes still feel a bit on the lowpoly side. Below I've written a quick list of Oblivion models and their face counts. I would actually suggest that you aim for 150% of those values because they were meant to be appropriate for a game released 2½ years ago.

Winebottle: 572 faces
Book (closed): 180 faces
Cup: 382 faces
Bowl: 471 faces
Carafe: 670 faces
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]