Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPC02 Miscellaneous Quest
05-08-2006, 12:15 AM,
RPC02 Miscellaneous Quest
Because I don't have the other plugin for the "Elite Gear Store", I will go ahead and write out the step by step development and dialogue of this miscellaneous quest. For those who are confused, this is actually the way the quests should be written out and how they are organized in the TES:CS. The only things I left out in here are the basic scripting, and conditions.

The Plot:
This quest will start from a greeting dialogue you hear from Angus Horrismod regarding his need for repair hammers. Due to his lack of time, he simply asks if you could go pick some up at the Elite Gear Store. However, there is a little option twist in here. If you choose to pay for the hammers upfront, Angus will not pay you back for them simply because he cannot afford it (he does pay half the sum however). If you do not accept, and go back to him, then he will get rather upset and hands you what appears to be an IOU letter. Of course, this will work, but the shop owner will get rather upset in the end. This little quest is to help expose some of the lazyness, and low wages of the Imperial Legion.

Stages:
Upon talking to Angus Horrismod at the Legion's Barracks, I have been asked if I could help out by retrieving some repair equipment for him. He has mentioned that he already reserved a package of 10 hammers, but has not the time to get them. I am to head on over to the local Elite Gear Store, and ask for the reserved repair hammers. Target: Shop Owner

<shop owner>, the shop owner, gave me all 10 repair hammers, but at my own personal expense. I should get back to Angus to seek out the repayment for the items. Target: Angus

I have told the shop owner that I did not have the gold to pay for the 10 hammers, and thus denied them. I should get back to Angus to see what he has to say about that. Target: Angus

Angus was rather upset with both me and <shop owner>. He said he did not have the gold to pay for the hammers, but gave to me what gold he had on him. I was given 53 gold, far less than I used to pay for the repair tools. Quest Complete.

When I returned to Angus, he became rather annoyed at the <shop owner>, and handed me what appeared to be a IOU letter. I am to give this to <shop owner> in exchange for the 10 hammers. Target: Shop Owner

<shop owner> relunctantly accepted the IOU, and handed me the hammers. I should return them to Angus. Target: Angus

Angus was very pleased with the goods, though he spoke low of the shop owner. For my services, I have been given a lump of 30 gold. Quest Complete.

Dialogue
Angus:
GREETING
"Hey there stranger, could you do me a real quick favor?" Unlocks Quick Favor topic
"Do you have the tools yet?"

Quick Favor
"Yes, things around here keep getting busier and busier. I am in need of 10 repair hammers, but I haven't had any time as of lately to pick them up at the local 'Elite Gear Shop'. Could you go and retrieve them for me?"
"What? He made YOU pay for the damn hammers? Well that---!... and why the hell would you give gold from that scoundrel? This is the last time I get strangers to do my favors! Here, this is what's left of my weekly pay. I hope you have a nice day."
"Why that no good---! I warned him ahead of time about my hammers. They were to be reserved for me! Here, because I don't have the money, I want to give you this IOU I have here. He better take it or I'll..."
"Hmph, these will do I guess. Thank you for your help... this is just a part of the every day thing I have to put up with. Here, take this gold."

<shop owner>:
GREETING
"And you are here about the hammers the Legion requested?"

Quick Favor
"Yes, I have all 10 repair hammers here. Do you have the 100 gold to pay for them?"
"Ha, too bad! No gold, no deal!"
"Good. Here are the items that were requested. It's about time those worthless soldiers paid up."
"What do you take me for? This is a--- well, I'll accept an IOU THIS time. Here, you can have your useless items."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still a little more to debug/add onto. Now, my only problem with this is the "IOU" term being used in this. If anyone has a better term for this that would fit into the TES world, let me know. Of course, this will be prone to changes in the future.
05-08-2006, 12:45 AM,

Nice :yes:

I'm curious, what if the player already have ten or more repair hammers when he first gets the quest? I like to stock up on them myself and usually carry around 15-20 for long dungeon crawls. Perhaps they could be something else an armorer would use which the player isn't likely to have, like ladles? Just an idea.

Perhaps a translation for "IOU" could be "Signed Letter of Debt"?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-08-2006, 01:10 AM,

Good question, I should of posted this earlier, but they are all unique in ID. This is so they are quest items in which the player cannot use, sell, or buy them. This also means that you cannot simple give away 10 of your own Tongue
05-08-2006, 01:29 AM,

That's true, but I think logically the player should be able to, if they are described as everyday repair hammers. Otherwise I bet the question will crop up in our bug report threads now and then over the next years. Big Grin But I dunno... it's not a big problem. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-08-2006, 08:44 AM,

Nice work, well done.

I was thinking of a little quest inside the RPC02. As many interiors are not finished, the quests that relate to exterior can't be completed yet.

For example one legionnair wants a stolen item back from another legionnair.
He is willing to pay a nice sum for this.

For the names I was thinking of Afer Clanler (Imperial) and Tymvaul (Nord).
EDIT it should be Clamler (typing error). Thanks raggidman for noticing.

But any other plot goes.
If you want me to make another room (used in the plot) inside the RPC02 Cellar. No problem.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM,

sandor: Hows about Afer Clamler with an 'm' for a friendly, but tight-fisted legionaire?

tibmaker:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: great to welcome the multi-talented.

About the idea of the tightfisted Legion, I think that this is very timely, as with the problems in Cyrodiil, who will pay them? I am not sure that any Legion outpost will be receiving either finance or material for a looong time even after the Gate/s to Oblivion are closed.

So maybe this could be the thin end of the wedge - the opening shot in a series of Legion Quests that have them hollering for support from all over the Empire...because at some point they are going to run out of supplies entirely. What happens then?

There will be:
the short sighted;
the long sighted;
and the guys in the middle who only work out part of it...

Wonder if any of the Legions will decide to do a bit of Empire Making on their own? :evil: :brew: Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman