Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Lore Help
08-16-2009, 01:26 PM,
Race Lore Help
Ok im asking if any of you lizard people need my help,With actually me writing down some lore for a lizard race or somethink,I wanted to work on the kaatru(I think its called that,The frog like species,People of the Dead Stumps)Because i have a history of having frog's as pets and catching them in the wild i tend to know there habits(Make it look more real that way) and i know how to write down all my ideas and then split then up and make them more interesting,Well i mainly wanted to work on the Frog People but if someone already reserved doing there lore is there any other species that you would need doing?

And if your asking for a basic description for the frog people to see my idea,What i would think they would be like is a goblin type people(Not in look but in habit) a very mixed order of peoples(When i base my lore i mix up a load of ideas[For this i would base them on being somethink relatively similer to the murlocs of WoW,Having a goblin like hierarchy:Workers,Warriors,Shamans,Elders:,But with a twist of like a Elven Touch:My idea was that they would be a bit like the high elves of lord of the rings in there rituals and there interior designs of having bright lanterns filled with fireflys it would make them some what Magical in a Way:,There underground dwellings would have firefly lanterns,There would be like a mud stairway that goes around in a circular way to lead to the bottom where There would be probably water houses in a lagoon of water at the bottom of the underground dwelling and maybe a underground stream at the bottom that you would have to dive in the lagoon and then go underneath this rocky bit to end up in a Hunting Area that is still a part of the stream and has a cracked wall that is a mini waterfall but when the people First excavate(wrong spelling i know i know) go in these dead stumps they find this area (If the dead stump underground dwelling is very old,But if not then they find a river close by and dig in the direction of the river in there underground dwelling lagoon bit and then crack an opening to the river and so they get there water also they will need a drainage system but i dont know about this yet)]) Sorry for all the brackets i like them :lmao: So i hope i havent bored you lizard people to much hehe just i wanted to share my frog race idea and if you need any lore help. I wish i could find some concept art from the elf city in The Hobbit the game but i cant sorry.

Also ive just thought of some Rituals-
The Ritual Of Bathing(Quest-Good)-You Have to help the female Kaatru's of one stump through a short swamp to the spawning stump but there are Naga's Awaiting you at the swamp.
The Ritual Of Association(Quest-Good)-You Have to kill a giant creature in a route pathed swamp so that the kaatru people may trade with other peoples.
The Ritual Of Guidance(Quest-Good)-You Must guide the children who were hunting with there hunting leader back to the stump because the leader has grown ill and had to leave them alone,Also while doing this you have to successfully hunt the creatures that they were hunting so that the people have enough food stock till the leader recovers.
The Ritual Of Feast(Quest-Good)-You Must find out who burned out all the Route Road Lanterns,You find out who it was from an argonian in a city he said he was hired from a mysterious cult in the marsh he tells you there den,You go to the den and find out that sloads(If you can make a sload)are up on this trying to make a necro rising of the dead in the marsh for there own needs,You slaughter all the sloads with hardship and find all the missing summer fireflys in the end room,You collect them and on the way Re-Light the lamps,You return to the elders they are pleased and make a feast in your name.
The Ritual Of Elder(Quest-Good,Kaatru Only)-The elders have promise of you and want to award you for what you have done but first you have to collect a few things for a test,Collect the jewelry of a royal lizard(argonian),Collect a tail of a Naga,Gain a sarpa egg(I think the flying lizardmen are called sarpa),And collect a weapon or armor that has seen many battles in blackmarsh(Maybe a blackwood company armor worn by a leader or somethink),Now that you've collected them items they do a ritual on top of the dead stump and you are awarded your robes and hat(Or whatever).
The Ritual Of BloodStained(Quest-Good)-Same as The Ritual Of Elder but for other races and you dont receive a Elder Like Thing you gain some very nice looking armor(I was thinking Morag Tong Assassin Armor[Concept version made actually on this website],Re-Textured for more of a swamp detail and more goggles on it.
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
08-16-2009, 03:31 PM,
Paatru
A troll from the cat province has just corrected me,Its Paatru hehe sorry you dont need to post saying i mis-spelt the name,But its called Paatru not Kaatru :lmao: Anyway Please reply,This is my first Post on Black Marsh i would like to see some good response.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
08-16-2009, 07:14 PM,

Hello Lore Naga! It's nice to see a fresh face.

Your ideas sound very intriguing and nice, and the fact that you've owned real frogs and know their tendencies is an added bonus.

Since I'm not a lore monkey, you had best wait for Ibsen to reply to your thread here (though he's technically not a lore monkey neither Tongue ). He's been working some on the Paatru habitats recently, but with your arrival, he could probably implement some of your ideas.

I've also been working on Paatru stuff off and on. I've been making some houses for them, of which have a water "basement" for the Paatru to tend to their watery livestock or their own or other species' eggs, and for general bathing and rewetting of a Paatru's skin - so this watery area serves several purposes when they are in their houses. I have another house type in mind too for them, but that has not been modeled on at all, yet. So your "Ritual of Bathing" idea is being implemented on some level already, lol.

I think the Paatru are gonna have their city in an underground cave, that will have the general atmosphere of being wet and moldy. I also think the Paatru are initially hostile to the player, but somehow the player comes to interact with them without being attacked.

Ibsen can fill you in more on what our current views of the Paatru are about. And since him and I are working on Paatru stuff now, we would definitely appreciate the input from a frog enthusiast.

Oh, and welcome to the Blackmarsh forums!

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-16-2009, 07:25 PM,

a frog enthusiast LOL funniest thing ive heard about me in years thanks for that Cool
you guys are the bosses.
im just trying to squeeze into a little hole that i can do my concept art
work quite nicely in this forum,Anyway you guys must implement this when doing the paatru that they are sworn enemys of the naga because i read up on my naga and one of the beliefs in real life(I forgot which belief)
believe that the naga like milk and frogs so,If you guys made this happen maybe
it would be faction picking thing,
If you can just implement the firefly lanterns i would be so happy,
I think you should be this race would be veryuseful (It would be cool if you could actually make the gameplay style an odd thing and it only reverts back when you go back to cyrodill also Has anyone mentioned this But i know you lizard guys want to expand on blackmarsh in a lot of fantasy style ways but i heard you might being doing so that the map is not the same so it doesnt fit the cyrodill map,If im being honest i think this will envelop lots of bad views from fans and i would personally hate the fact that everythink doesnt add up,So try to keep everythink in order :goodjob: and your get a thumbs from me) Also seeming no one answered me if there is actually a race needing lore or anythink to do with a race(Lore or Concept Art?) I will ask that again and hope for a reply.

Edit: I edited this because before i was mainly being humourous and not constructive please forgive me Big Grin
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
08-17-2009, 12:47 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga
I'm just trying to squeeze into a little hole that I can do my concept art[\quote]

Cool, I'd like to see your concept art. We have an art section in the Blackmarsh forums, just look for it. It'll say so in big bold letters. You can post your art concepts there.

[quote]Anyway you guys must implement this when doing the paatru that they are sworn enemys of the naga because I read up on my naga and one of the beliefs in real life(I forgot which belief)
believe that the naga like milk and frogs so,If you guys made this happen maybe
it would be faction picking thing

Hmm, we might be able to do this. But if any of the lore in Elder Scrolls says that the Nagas and the Paatru cooperate and are friendly with each other, then we'll probably make them friendly towards each other. But if the lore is vague about their relations or says nothing about it, then we should probably make the Nagas and Paatru hostile to each other. You are right, we can do this using factions.

Quote:If you can just implement the firefly lanterns I would be so happy,

I like that idea! I just might make something like that, as a lighting option for the Paatru settlements. Ironically, I had asked Ibsen about what lighting he'd want for the Paatru just yesterday in a PM to him.

Quote:I think you should be this race would be veryuseful (It would be cool if you could actually make the gameplay style an odd thing and it only reverts back when you go back to cyrodill

Could you explain this better?

Quote:also Has anyone mentioned this But I know you lizard guys want to expand on blackmarsh in a lot of fantasy style ways but I heard you might being doing so that the map is not the same so it doesnt fit the cyrodill map,If I'm being honest I think this will envelop lots of bad views from fans and I would personally hate the fact that everythink doesnt add up,So try to keep everythink in order :goodjob: and your get a thumbs from me)

Our map does not fit the Cyrodill map, in terms of size. We are keeping the mod a bit smaller so that it actually has a chance of being finished. However, we are trying to keep the cities and Blackmarsh regions in as close to the same locations as they are on the maps of Blackmarsh. We also have our mod in a separate worldspace from Cyrodill, because it'd cause too many problems to have the Blackmarsh map in the same worldspace as Cyrodill, like lagging and other issues, especially since some expansion mods that are out already use the same worldspace as Cyrodill (like ElswyrBig Grineserts of Anaquina by Iliana). Basically, we don't want to overload the main worldspace.

Quote: Also seeming no one answered me if there is actually a race needing lore or anythink to do with a race(Lore or Concept Art?) I will ask that again and hope for a reply.

I think we could use some creative lore for the Nagas and the Paatru, in addition to what you mentioned in your opening post. Any concept art is appreciated. For instance, you can draw your version of the firefly lantern (but try to keep the lantern part as organic as possible, like made from natural materials. We have a jellyfish creature, so why don't you pretend that the clear part of the lantern is dried and stretched jellyfish membrane..?). Can you draw some armor ideas for the Paatru and Naga, too? What about tribal totem poles for the Argonians? We also need some ideas for swampy/tribal/other clutter that the player can find and sell. We have plenty of ingredients though, so I mean misc. clutter. Keep in mind, that just because you draw something, it does not mean a modeler will necessarily model it. But sometimes we get in the mood and model something from concept art (especially if we like it and have need of it).

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-17-2009, 10:52 AM,

Thanks Koniption! I think you've pretty much covered everything there. What neither of you are aware of though is the fact that I worked through the Lost Spires assets recently, found Leo's firefly lantern and marked it for inclusion in the mod. It hangs in the Guild building. I can't find a screenshot right now but it was one of my favourite items from the mod. I'm pretty much convinced that his mossy caves (for 'Primeval Hollow') are the best option to go with as well.

Some of your ideas really hit home, LoreNaga. I especially liked the need for the Paatru to keep their skins moist with a waterfall. It may help to retexture some of the sewers models so as to create special underground waterways and 'bathing areas'.

It's very unfortunate the Deeza isn't here. He is our resident lore monkey and knows the ins and outs of lore far better than I do. When he returns, you should probably present your ideas to him. In the meantime, concept art would be very much appreciated. Plus, if you end up making silhouette shapes out of any Paatru concepts then there's a chance we can use them as illustrations for signs and books.

Welcome to the BlackMarshes, LoreNaga! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM,
lore help etc
cheers guys! and i want to help out in blackmarsh as much as i can, Im currently trying to buy a scanner so that might take a few weeks to get but in the mean while ill make some concepts (mainly sketch ups) of the naga (any race base yet? i could create armor sketch ups if there is)and the paatru(the alantician<spelt wrong>race mod is a definite? but a little changed, i found some awesome concepts while browsing you might one to look at it(frog like creature in it, you could copy the clothing or make a sload creature from it<note you really need to make the sload for BM, really fits in the lore) also thanks guys for answering all my questions ,my questions can be a pain in the ass sometimes also is there any people really good at the CS because on akavir they seriously need some people really, so if you can spare time not to let a mod die(or if you know someone) please help out , akavir will be very grateful
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
08-17-2009, 02:16 PM,

Atlantican race mod? Was that a mod I mentioned elsewhere? I can't remember posting up any options for the Paatru as yet so if you find anything we can use then that would be great! :goodjob:

Any help with general modding would be nice, Lore_Naga! If you plan on sticking around then both yourself and fellow BM noob around here, GOOGLEPOX will need modding abbreviations so that you get credited for your work: Naming Codes .

Whilst I wish Akavir every success, I, for one, will not be contributing. BM is my sole focus and I have no time to do anything else. It's a really good choice of landmass though...could be particularly original!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-17-2009, 07:10 PM,

I also cannot help with Akavir, sorry. I already have a lot on my plate as it is with Blackmarsh alone, and I do not want to overextend myself. I have a lot of RL duties to take care of in-between my modding/leisure time, too.

I do hope Akavir survives, though. It's very Japanesque-like mod, and certain parts of Japan culture fascinate me.

Koniption
08-17-2009, 07:51 PM,
Race Lore Help
well yeah i will sign up after a few weeks and i have commitments too, All im saying with akavir is like Ok i got a texture that ive heard over akavir needs(Should i share?) Just saying if anythink like this comes up please share Big Grin it would be very helpful and maybe if you have got free time and cant think up on anythink on this Mod but have some ideas for akavir or even have a model that would be very helpful,Well after i get my scanner and contribute enough concept art for the 3 Mods(E,BM,A)That i think i should start off so people can see my ideas well after that im going to try and train myself to be a master of the CS,Any upcoming tips or warnings guys?

Also i will tell about my comps space and all that-(Oh its a XP)
1.60ghz,1.00gb of ram,(Nvidia)Geforce 8300 card,193gb space,And i really dont know if this is needed but its a dual CPU.

Is that enough specs for my computer to work the programs for oblivion modding?
when i was downloading a mod once i saw it was Downloading and would reserve 23.3gb :eek: So do you guys got 2million Gb? xD :lmao:
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga