Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rappelz
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
Non combat quests? can't say I've found any of them, most of the quests I have played seem to revolve around killing X number of monsters. I want to reach level 20 so I can buy some cool stuff, I'm level 16 at the moment.
Oh i hate purely fighting games you need some type of relief from the killing. Any crafting?, if not its not the game for me.

Tom
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM,

There planning second jobs in march, maybe tehre some in there Wink
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
01-29-2007, 07:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
There planning second jobs in march, maybe tehre some in there Wink
Nice maybe i will wait until then. I always like some an alternative to fighting 24/7.
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM,

I'm D'ling the game now, is there a single PVP server everyone is on???
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM,

There is only one pvp server, the last one.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
01-30-2007, 12:15 AM,

If anyone needs a good overview of the game check here. For useful gameplay info check here.

No crafting, it's not Runescape! Big Grin There are very few non-combat quests, and even those eventually lead to combat oriented quests.

The game is about fighting, no doubt about that, but the fighting itself offers some variety. You can: grind/do quests (solo or with a party), PK (player kill), raid dungeons (almost never a solo affair), battle other guilds for ownership of dungeons.

The dungeon ownership system is probably the best part of the game. Each week there is "race" for the ownership of every dungeon (opened from Monday 'till Thursday), the guild that kills the two dungeon bosses in the shortest amount of time during the raid event will move on to the dungeon siege (happens on weekends only and is strictly a PvP event).

In the dungeon siege the previous owners of the dungeon defend the dungeon core, and the guild with the fastest raid that week attacks the dungeon core. The attacking guild needs to reach the core and kill its guardians, and after that one of the players has to activate the core and stand still during the cast/activation timer ends... the other party members have to defend the person who activated the core so he doesn't get killed.
There are also smaller control points that work in the same manner as the core, if the attacking guild takes a control point they will re-spawn next to it if killed (instead of re-spawning at the dungeon entrance).

How to Win:
If you are the defending team (the guild that owns the dungeon before the dungeon siege) you must destroy the attacking team's Dungeon Stone. Once destroyed the siege will be lifted and the defending team will win regardless of how much time is left.

If you are the attacking team you must hold the Dungeon Core. Once you gain control of the Dungeon Core both teams will reset and their roles will be shifted. It will now be the attacking team's turn to protect the Dungeon Core. All players will be reset to the appropriate entrance and the Dungeon Stone for the attacking team will be reset. Whoever owns the Core at the end will be the winners.

The winners get to own that dungeon for the week or for as many weeks as they can hold it. The guild master will be able to set the tax rate of the dungeon (maximum of 10% and minimum of 1%). This will reward him with 10% of all lak and rupee drops within the dungeon. So basically the guild master will get cash form the taxes (he is entitled to redistribute it among the guild members), the more the dungeon is visited during the week, the higher the profit is.

Also a guild can only control one dungeon at a time.

@Siegfried: There's only one PvP server currently, Pantera... we're all there. =)
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
01-30-2007, 12:26 AM,

Alright, will see you guys sometime soon.
01-30-2007, 12:30 AM,

Is this free?
01-30-2007, 12:33 AM,

Yes,
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
01-30-2007, 12:34 AM,

:goodjob: This sounds interesting, if I have time, I'll try it out.