Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razor Please delete this thread
06-18-2007, 06:11 PM,

Not bad, chaos dragon Smile Looking forward to seeing it mapped and textured.

Personally I would try to get the kind of depth details you added to the middle of the blade mesh into the normal or parallax map instead of the mesh itself. It's not just for optimization purposes, but rather the result tends to look better by using that method instead and the lessened FPS strain is just a bonus.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-18-2007, 06:17 PM,

Ty razor
but a question

Never modeled for oblivion a few questions on what it suports

does it support sub divisions or should i apply a mesh smooth modify (if it accepts that

By question is what all does oblivion suport?

And is there a polly limit

And if there is whats a good way to tell a obejects property's like it's faces and all of that?
06-18-2007, 06:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by xchaosdragon666x
does it support sub divisions or should I apply a mesh smooth modify (if it accepts that

By question is what all does oblivion suport?

And is there a polly limit

And if there is whats a good way to tell a obejects property's like it's faces and all of that?

1. Yes, you can manipulate the mesh anyway you like. It'll get cut up into individual faces (=triangles) when you export it to nif format. Best way to test is to export and see how the CS reacts. Oblivion also supports vertex painting although you probably shouldn't use that on a weapon.

2. It should have about the same amount of faces as other weapons of its type. You can drag-drop a weapon into the world window and then the number of faces the weapon has is reported in the Construction Set's status bar.

3. Select the mesh in max, right-click in the window, and choose properties. The # of faces is reported in upper left of the the popup window.

Good luck Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM,

Okay cool thanks again remaking the whole thing basicly handle is semi done
using cut edge tool to make a curve around the handle then using chanver to end up with three lines and now i have 1 line raised so it looks like its wraping
06-18-2007, 07:29 PM,

poly limit would be under 2k tris. roughly. 3k would probably be starting to get wasteful imo.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
06-19-2007, 01:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ghogiel
poly limit would be under 2k tris. roughly. 3k would probably be starting to get wasteful imo.

Just to mention it in the discussion I presume that's including the sheath model. Smile

I wonder how sword models lacking a sheath act in-game. Do they look bugged?
Angel mired in filth
06-19-2007, 05:09 PM,

Deleted since it was causing some confusion
06-22-2007, 10:24 AM,

:O... thers something about this sword.... it loox awfully close to this sword another pro designer made and he did a video tutorial on how to make it too.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
06-24-2007, 03:38 PM,

Yeah I know was using that tutorial to learn some stuff

It was made by TE_ on http://www.enjoycg.com/

But anyway not making that one like i said i was using that to learn some stuff

But back to what I was gonna say

Sry for the slow update

But took a break from modeling and brushing up on some stuff

This is where I'm currently At with the first sword

[Image: ClayRender.jpg]

Let me know what you people think

The Hilt: Is still in a very rough block state
The Handle: It's getting there but as you can see in render and from reference i still have some stuff to do with it (most detail's will come from the bump Map)

And still have tip of handle to make
06-27-2007, 06:45 PM,
RE: Razor Please delete this thread
Quote:Originally posted by xchaosdragon666x
Razor Please delete this thread
Project canceled

I'll archive it.
Angel mired in filth