Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razorwing's Modelling Thread
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM,

Really cool! I love it. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-05-2009, 05:57 PM,

Very nice indeed!
04-06-2009, 12:08 AM,

I'm glad you guys like it Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-30-2009, 12:30 AM,

As I referenced briefly in another thread, I've created a version of the Necronomicon book. The main texture was created by Joe Kurz, a modeller from the Poser community.

You can read a lot about the book behind this adaptation on wikipedia. The short version is that the book, which was invented by the writer H. P. Lovecraft, has taken on a life of it's own in popular culture and I think it's generally assumed that if you open the book you unleash a terrible, undead force. My personal familiarity with the book is from the horror/comedy movie Army of Darkness, which I bet I'm not the only one here to have seen.

I'm sure all this seems very far from anything related to Elder Scrolls, but I think the jist of the idea of the book - that it can call forth the undead - could translate rather well to an in-game quest in our mod. Or in other words the notion that the book summons undead is in keeping with the general mythos of the book, which at the same time could serve as a challenge for the player and if he overcomes the challenge he would get the book. He can then bring it back to whomever bequested him to get it, and recieve a reward.

The book has an idle object, so one can set up AI behaviour of a character reading it and it'll be visibly obvious it's that particular book that's being read. Personally I think it would be a nice touch if the questgiver got an AI behaviour like that after the quest is completed. Also, the model is a hinged clutter object, which I think is kinda cool if I do say so myself. Big Grin
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-30-2009, 12:53 AM,

I think there's a book just like that in Oblivion lore actually... I think maybe it's the Tome of Unlife...? Possibly... Tongue
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
05-03-2009, 01:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
I think there's a book just like that in Oblivion lore actually... I think maybe it's the Tome of Unlife...? Possibly... Tongue

Well I had fun doing it anyway, even if it won't have any immediate use Smile Especially the hinged clutter item will surely provide me with a conventient template for applying the same effect on another and perhaps more useful item.
Angel mired in filth
05-03-2009, 02:01 PM,

Another nice addition RW Smile
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Another nice addition RW Smile

Thanks Zurke Smile
Angel mired in filth
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM,

Neat! I especially like the 'hinge' effect. Big Grin