Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razorwing's two Hlaalu interiors [Finished]
05-02-2007, 09:22 PM,
Razorwing's two Hlaalu interiors [Finished]
I'd like to submit my two Hlaalu interiors now. For those who don't know, these are the interiors I started modding while testing the Hlaalu interior tileset. They are in the esp I included in the latest asset update, since the time of their completion and the time of the next asset update was one and the same. The cell names, aaaStRwFeloth and aaaStRwZeydans, were designated by sandor and will surely change once they're worked into the overall plans for Silgrad Tower.

aaaStRwFeloth is based on Silgrad Tower, Andur Feloth's Home from our TES3 mod, while aaaStRwZeydans is based on Silgrad Tower, Andor & Zeydan's Palace of practical Poetry. I tried to get the same details into the cells and then some, especially in the latter case. Andor & Zeydan's storage room became a toilet instead.

Each interior has a corresponding exterior building I modded in the same cell, for easy placement in Silgrad Tower. I ran into difficultires when modding the exterior for "Andor & Zeydan"... I tried for surely half an hour to get the railing above the stairs to match with the roof, but I couldn't do it. So I made a new (simplistic) Hlaalu model to cover the gap. If you sandor happen to know how I should have solved it then please change it like that and delete the model I added.

Andor's AI isn't anything special. I wasn't sure about Zeydan's though, because in our old mod he was a cripple who was permanently stuck in space. That was achieved by making a special race, deleting it's legs, and keeping him paralyzed. Back in those days NPCs couldn't sit, however, so in my take on it I tried to keep him sitting in his chair permanently. Not sure if I succeeded or not.

Here are a few notes I made on how Andur's AI should work.

[blockquote]1) Andur wakes up at 6 in the morning and eats breakfast for two hours.

2) At 8 in the morning he goes out for a morning stroll around his house.

3) When the clock is high noon he takes lunch for two hours.

4) At 14 in the afternoon he reads from the book on display on the lecturn for three hours.

5) He's not the most active of people, so at 17 he wants a two-hour nap.

6) He has dinner at 19, which takes him two hours.

7) At 21, he is meant to sit idly at his desk for an hour, thinking about what to write.

8) Finally he goes to bed at 22, and sleeps for eight hours.

? Andur always takes his meals sitting at the same chair in his home. He has several containers with food in his home so he shouldn't go hungry even if there isn't any food in his inventory.

? His four-hour wander package should preferrably be replaced with a work schedule when possible. I think the character would be suited to work in a bookstore or a library.[/blockquote]

Looking forward to the review =)

blue[/HR]

:alert:
16.05.07 09:45 CET
The file has been merged.

The Hlaalu interiors are very nice, it gave me the feeling I was back in Morrowind. Smile

SCC0203 Andur Feloth's Home
SCC0204 Andor & Zeydan's Palace of practical Poetry

I'll fix point 2 of the AI when the house has been linked to the exterior.

sandor
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]