Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ReQ]Seamless Texture maker
02-07-2009, 01:21 PM,
[ReQ]Seamless Texture maker
Hello guys.

I have to make seamless-textures,but i can't get a program.

Please,if somebody have a texture program,send me a link or the file.
Thanks!

`Senten
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM,

I usually use the clone stamp tool in PS to make textures seamless. Sometimes complicated patterns can be awkward doing it this way and it can take a while. I think gimp has this feature too. Have you tried it?
02-07-2009, 03:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
I usually use the clone stamp tool in PS to make textures seamless. Sometimes complicated patterns can be awkward doing it this way and it can take a while. I think gimp has this feature too. Have you tried it?

I have not noticed any function like that in GIMP, though I use PS most of the time now. I sent him a link for some software which hopefully should be a good tool to use.

I can send it to you if you want it to Dave.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-07-2009, 03:16 PM,

I've tried a few myself and they haven't worked very well, but sure I'll have a look.

The stamp tool is here in the gimp toolbox:
[Image: th_gimpstamp.jpg]
02-07-2009, 03:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
I've tried a few myself and they haven't worked very well, but sure I'll have a look.

The stamp tool is here in the gimp toolbox:

I will PM you the link. Just shows how much attention I pay when using GIMP Tongue
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-08-2009, 05:13 PM,

clone stamp is god, but its about more than simply clicking and dragging. if you do it like that it will look like ass when it tiles, as sections will repeat very obviously. you usually have to move the point of origin many times and/or use a partly transparent clone tool to make it look unique and not like just another repeat of a section.

here is what i do:
divide texture in half horizontally in two layers and overlap the layers. use a partly transparent eraser to erase away part of the top layer until there is no seam visible in the middle of the texture. flatten the layers. divide the texture in half again, this time vertically. again, overlap the texture and erase part of it until it no seam is visible. collapse the layers and resize the texture to the needed size, this will leave you with a tiling texture.

or, alternatively, invest in ImageSynth. it works wonders.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM,

Thanks for everyone! Smile
02-08-2009, 10:28 PM,

If you have photoshop just use the offset filter set to half the pixels in the x and y direction. The clone the line away.
02-15-2009, 09:59 AM,

I can't mod without this baby.

http://www.i-tex.de/news.php
03-02-2009, 07:30 PM,

Maybe too late for you, Senten, but anyways here is how I do it :

Gimp -> filters -> map -> make tileable. Easy as that!