Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Jungle!
11-08-2010, 10:58 PM,
Real Jungle!
I can't believe I haven't uploaded any of this stuff yet...

You may or may not know that I went jungle trekking around Thailand and close to Laos and Burma over the summer. It was a truly awesome trip and the Thai people were absolutely wonderful! We did quite a lot of stuff such as caving, white-water-rafting, trekking, canoeing and so on but I did, of course, have an ulterior motive, which was to see a proper jungle for myself!

As I was utterly plagued with camera nightmares the entire holiday, I wasn't able to take shots myself. This meant that I couldn't quite get the textures I was after and the flora and fauna shots that might serve as inspiration for BM. Some of the tangled trees had me particularly agog and no one seemed to get particularly great shots of that....ah well.

However, here are some shots convey to some extent what the trip was about. They're sadly lacking in genuine undergrowth pics and stuff like the Iguanas, pythons, scorpions (I ate a cooked one - hurray!) and leeches that we saw but it shows a little bit of the places and creatures....oh yeah, and that's me mounting the elephant. Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-08-2010, 11:39 PM,

Those waterfalls are most gorgeous, especially with the fog. We should definitely incorporate some of this stuff in the deeper parts of the jungle. Too bad about the camera issues.
11-09-2010, 03:36 AM,

:dance:

It's so...soo....SO GREEN!! Hahah, I liked how the elephant is trying to help you get on him, too, with his trunk.

Koniption

EDIT: Oh yeah, I kind of like that leafy ground plant that "swirls" around itself. It's the plant that is the centerpiece of one of the pics. I might actually decide to make it at some point.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-09-2010, 03:00 PM,

Awesome! i know a few people that have went there, they all say it was nice there.
11-09-2010, 06:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
I kind of like that leafy ground plant that "swirls" around itself. It's the plant that is the centerpiece of one of the pics. I might actually decide to make it at some point.

According to our guide, it does wonders for backache....which was especially curious if you were to interpret the swirl as a spine...made me wonder whether he was just having a laugh...

@ DraconickDog - Yeah, I got the same reports too. I haven't heard a bad word said about the place....even after the whole Communist uprising and Bangkok riots of last year.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-08-2011, 10:30 PM,

I just thought you need to see this:
05-09-2011, 01:45 PM,

@ DoZeNt,

Where was that picture taken? Everglades? Rainforest of some sort?

It looks pretty neat.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
05-09-2011, 07:16 PM,

Yeah, kind of how I'd imagined part of the South-East of BM.
05-10-2011, 12:53 AM,

Dunno exactly, I took this picture from my University website a long time ago. dont really remember the place.
05-10-2011, 05:58 PM,

A pity. It's very unusual. :yes: