Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuilding Summerset Isles
03-10-2010, 11:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
I received your PM too Google. I have brought this up in the Officer's Lounge.
Thank you Smile
03-11-2010, 12:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by GOOGLEPOX
Somone told me that Summerset has parts that are Arabic influenced. I planned to use it in firsthold, along with the concept building that somone drew.

Maybe it's shape just reminds of the Arabian peninsula
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
Quote:Originally posted by GOOGLEPOX
Somone told me that Summerset has parts that are Arabic influenced. I planned to use it in firsthold, along with the concept building that somone drew.

Maybe it's shape just reminds of the Arabian peninsula
No I think they ment architecture. but oh well, its all good. DoZeNt, remember when you said you would join if there was a reboot to the Summerset project? Are you still interested?
03-12-2010, 10:09 PM,

look up summerset isles on tes nexus there is a project but it ism't finished yet maybe you can help him with his it will be done quicker this way.
03-12-2010, 10:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by black marsh modder
look up summerset isles on tes nexus there is a project but it ism't finished yet maybe you can help him with his it will be done quicker this way.
You mean the brand new, three person, German mod? Thats using ayleid ruins? No thanks, Id rather have it be unique, and one that represents what little lore there is. Thanks, though. Smile
03-13-2010, 10:46 PM,

Haha! I did it! A MAP! :bananarock:
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM,

Well since we can no longer discuss the map thing in the other thread, I moved it here. I thre wthis together. Since I based Skyrim, Morrowind, and Black Marsh on different scaled maps, the outcome looks weird. Nothing somone with more experience can't fix.
03-15-2010, 06:28 PM,

Yes, what are your skills?
03-19-2010, 08:45 PM,

It looks like I posted five times now, but there was a post in between. But sorry, nonetheless.
To the point, I have gathered everything for the minimum requirements for the new forum.

1. A heightmap. (Photo is attached)

2. A normal map with roads, towns, forts, cities, and dungeons. The cities arent drawn in yet, as Im not skilled enough to do that. (Photo is attached)

3.Models in progress. I have threee new models, a tower, a platform, and a cottage\house. These were meant for Firsthold. (Photos attached)

4. Credibility, well I cant claim this. Thats your opinion.

5. Moderator and board limits, thats fine, i will only have me as a moderator at first and probably Trandoshan if he can create an account here. Maybe khalvin8. For the boards I was planning on General discussion
Claims
- Interiors
- Models
- Exteriors
- Quests
Art
Lore
- Cities
- Hamlets, dungeons, etc...
- People
- Misc.

6. finally the plan of action:
Firstly I retextured the Telvanni tileset to make Skywatch. The layout for Skywatch is a series of Telvanni platforms set up along a sloping mountain overlooking the sea, connected by Telvanni stairs and possible portals for the mages/upper class citizens. There is a single, large dock, containing the Telvanni tower as a lighthouse. There will be a lower district, a lower merchants quarter featuring open air markets, middle class dwellings, and a middle class market featuring stores sharing buildings. There will be a palace at the top of the mountain/cliff which is the dwelling of the ruler of Skywatch, who, if I remember correctly is not specifically named. The palace will be made of conjoined Telvanni houses and towers. After the exterior is complete, which it almost is, interiors will be set up for claiming. The interiors will sue the ancient Elven furniture for furniture and will also use the various Telvanni tileset clutter pieces. NPC's will be added with the interiors or directly after, along with new dialogue, ect. this will basically complete Skywatch.
After Skywatch is complete work on Firsthold will begin. The Firsthold architecture will consist of new meshes, retextured Vailla ones, and modder's resources such as Tileset Haven. Perhaps. Firsthold will be awalled city, unlike Skywatch, and will be built relatively the same way. The exact layout, however, is undecided as of yet. The palace, which most liklely will combine Tileset Haven and new meshes , will be the residence of Queen Morgiah and her children. After the NPC's are added, then new dialogue will be added, and of course will reference important parts of lore.
While Firsthold and posssibly the latter stages of Skywatch are being worked on, the work on the villages will start. They will probably contain both architecture from Firsthold and Skywatch, and possibly new meshes or retextured Vanilla ones. Or, once again, modder's reosources. Possibly the actual houses from the Valenwood Village resource. These will have NPC's added, along with new dialoue, etc.
Once the cities and villiages are done, or are nearing completeion, work on the five unnamed (as of now) dungeons will start. # will be coral dungeons, which onra is working on some pieces for that, and the other two could be Aldmer ruins. Which probably will be basically retextured Ayelidf ruins. Thats a maybe...
Finally, quest will begin. The quests wil mainly be miscellaneous, some lore based, others new but not unreasonable. The main quest will be something along the lines of either easing the hostility between Firsthold and Skywatch, putting them against eachother even more, or allowing one side to be claimed "victorious" by the other.
After this, maybe minus the quests, will be the first release. Then if quests arent included in the first releas, they will be added in small updates or a single large one. After that, work on mainland Summerset will begin. But I think this post is long enough. And I think its silly to think that far ahead when the eastern isle isnt evenclose to being completed.

blue[/HR]
:alert:March 27th 2010
Ysne sent you a PM and explained why you can't have your own boards for the time being.

Regards,
sandor