Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran & Hlaalu Wells
04-24-2008, 06:12 PM,
Redoran & Hlaalu Wells
Have taken concept art on for these Redoran and Hlaalu Wells as requested by Razorwing >>HERE<<

Quote:2. It's kinda restrictive to mod a Redoran town that adheres to the style Redoran towns had in Morrowind because they didn't have much variety - and they didn't need it either because they were relatively small, while Soluthis is much larger. What can we create and place in the city exterior (many times over) that didn't exist in TES3 but whose design still matches that of TES3's Redoran towns? One suggestion that comes to mind that I think is both missing and should logically be placed over and over is wells. Could you design both a Redoran and Hlaalu well?

I will add concept drawings as soon as im happy with some. But if anyone can give me tits, ideas, or links to previous or alternate versions that would be great.

We are talking about water wells arnt we? Big Grin
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-25-2008, 08:10 AM,
RE: Rickious Concept Art: Redoran & Hlaalu Wells
Quote:Originally posted by Rickious
But if anyone can give me tits, ideas, or links to previous or alternate versions that would be great.
I don't think I can help you with that. Wink But here are a few differnt wells, hopefully they can inspire a little.
[Image: th_well_tobi_01.jpg] [Image: th_well_tobi_02.jpg] [Image: th_well_tobi_03.jpg]

And also see this wikipedia entry.
04-25-2008, 08:28 AM,

Tobi, I like the wall mounted type and the 'Temple of Love' type and think these two may just provide the inspiration needed. I was thinking a covered well for one, but was not thinking of the wall type, Thanks!

Edit 2008.05.06 00:28
Got some good ideas for these now and as i can now modell too shouldnt be a problem doing these. Will post some renders ASAP! Big Grin
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
02-07-2009, 12:42 PM,

This thread sortof got away from me. Sorry Blush

I still look forward to the well, it's an important model that makes perfect sense in a cityscape and would spruce things up a lot. I requested a Redoran well though, not a Hlaalu one. Both would be good to have and would certainly be useful, but to me personally the Redoran one is important since I would be using it a lot around Soluthis.

Or perhaps someone else would like to take a stab at drawing a Redoran well? =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Or perhaps someone else would like to take a stab at drawing a Redoran well? =)

Do you have any reference images of the redoran building style?, if so I could take a stab at it, though my drawing skill has gone down hill since I have not been drawing for about 6 to 7 years Tongue
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Do you have any reference images of the redoran building style?, if so I could take a stab at it, though my drawing skill has gone down hill since I have not been drawing for about 6 to 7 years Tongue

Thanks, it'll be interesting to see what you come up with! If it's good I'll use it for the model Smile

Sure, here's an interior shot, and here's a shot of Ald'ruhn. -This shot- of Ald'ruhn may be better though.

So you could say they like that crude-concrete feeling but they like mimicking shapes from nature, particularly insects it seems, and they seem to often use round shapes whenever they can.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-07-2009, 03:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Sure, here's an interior shot, and here's a shot of Ald'ruhn. -This shot- of Ald'ruhn may be better though.

Thanks RW, I now know why people have not concepted this yet, its quite challenging Tongue, hopefully I can concept something good.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-07-2009, 03:16 PM,

Thankyou IS, I'm looking forward to it! =)
Angel mired in filth
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM,

Ok, first idea I have is to make the well in a similar style to the redoran wall, it will have four posts and wall in between.

Its hard to draw it since I don't know what angles you need to see.
02-07-2009, 04:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
It's hard to draw it since I don't know what angles you need to see.

Perhaps you could make it and then pretend you've never seen your own drawing before - then look at it and try and visualize it in 3d before your inner eye? If you can't, then it's a safe bet I can't either Smile
Angel mired in filth