Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran Quests
03-11-2006, 12:03 AM,

I'd love it as a huge scavenger hunt. Maybe the PC is directed to the helm, but they have to do their own independant research to find the other pieces, like go read a bunch of books on Redoran history, go poking around areas that are vaguely aluded to, etc.
03-11-2006, 12:11 AM,

i was imagining it in a vien similar to the propylon indexes of morrowind :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-11-2006, 01:35 AM,
RE: Redoran Quests
Quote:Originally posted by batman
- Found! Brewery! - Khuul - ...Each site has an "obstacle" so to speak, and you must destroy that obstacle before building can begin. Site one has a giant shalk nest. Site two is a former burial ground. Site three is a den of spiders.

Once you choose a site and remove the danger...

I just want a clarification note. How would the "burial ground" obstical be overcome? Would a priest have to visit the site to sanctify it? Would you have to defeat the ghosts of the dead people? Would you have to exhume the bodies and rebury them in a different place, and have to fight ghosts in the process? It is a good idea, but some clarification is definitely needed.

- Ghost-in-Gate - Ald Ruhn - ...The thief/smuggler is dead, a sword called Manticore is lying nearby, and an ash statue stands watching the whole scene.

I absolutely love this ending. I felt some small chills run up my spine when I read it.

- Scout Yassimmidan - Gnisis - ...That region is a large maze, Meruhnes Maze, and it is your task to reach the center and escape. You'll have to battle various daedra, and evade various traps to get to the center. You can explore the whole thing one your own and find a maze map, and various treatures other treasures (any suggestions for them?) Once you reach the center you'll fight a dremora lord, once he's dead pull a "Maze Mark Ring" from his corpse. When equiped it will shield you from the teleportative effects of the magic item. After the dremora lord dies, a beam of light will open and you will have to enter (also, you won't be able to enter without the amulet)...

...As for the reward, you'll get some gold, whatever loot you picked up on the trip (cultist and leader loot, maze and dadera loot), and an item from the hetman... hmm, what should it be???

This is another great idea. Is this ring and the beam of light possible? I don't know a lot about the CS...

Some other treasures: A few Daedric items (unenchanted) would work wonders, but not too many of them. It would probably be best to put those on tough monsters that are not on the beaten trail to get to the center, mini bosses of sorts. Various medium powered enchanted items would work well, too. A lot of gems - rubies, emeralds, diamonds, ebony, glass, etc - should be found here. In Morrowind, there were always a lot of these gems being offered on Altars to the Daedra.

- The 6th House, Waltz Two - Bal Isra - ...Once you've gotten back to Indarys Manor again, Indarys will give you gold and a unique sword called Petrify that has a chance of turning it's opponents to stone. And he'll thank you again for saving him and crippling the sixth house in the northern ashlands.

This sounds like it might be difficult to do. Would it be at all possible to make a sword like this? Would it be too script heavy? It is a cool idea, but it might be overshooting...
03-11-2006, 01:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
- Courier from Kragenmoor - Ald Ruhn -
Go to the new meeting place and you'll find a note directing you to a nearby cave. Upon entering the bandit cave, find the center and speak to the leader. Then either pay the money or kill all the guys in the room. Once the courier is free, more guys will enter the room and the courier will run out the oppisite direction screaming about every man for himself. You of course, are left to fight the guys. On the one of the corpses you'll find a note from the bandits employer, detailing how to go about obtaining the package, the note is signed: "YHT." Once they're dead, run out and ask someone which way the courier went, and you'll be pointed in the direction of Balmora.[...]return this, the other note and the couriers package to Ald Ruhn. You'll recieve gold, an enchanted weapon, and daedric weapon, for the package, the note, and the map repectivly.
I don't understand the note... why would the employer tell you where to go, did he except hi agents to fail?
reward? if they give you enchanted weapon, why give daedric, or vice versa...

When I read it, I saw it more of you get both weapons as an extra bonus. Batman said that the mages give you something extra when you peacefully get what they had. (Did I misread?) For this extra information, you get a daedric item.
03-11-2006, 02:01 AM,
ok man777 ready? in order:

You'll have to fight ghosts and other undead baddies. Lots of them :brew:

Me too, and i wrote it Big Grin

The ring i know will be possible, the shaft of light, i'm fairly certain it'll be possible, if not i'll adapt on oblivion gate

I'll say what i said to most who point this out, i think it's as simple as: "texture change during spell effect" but we'll see

And yes, i did mean you'd get both :yes:

03-11-2006, 02:10 AM,
And yes, I did mean you'd get both :yes:

I was thinking more along the lines of you only get both if you do the peaceful ending. Was I right in thinking that? It might be a good idea...

Promoting peace in a turbulant area...
03-11-2006, 02:13 AM,
yes, thats what i was thinking :yes: