Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran plotline
07-31-2006, 07:28 AM,

like 3 maybe?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-31-2006, 01:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
like 3 maybe?
like 1- 10 I bet
07-31-2006, 01:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
[...](Under "Drowned Salvation")
Crates with ebony weapons and armor are scattered around the sunken galleon.
[...]

It could be possible there are more than three, considering it was a galleon that brought the armor, it's an entire army, and House Redoran is behind it. They own ebony mines.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-31-2006, 02:27 PM,

There can be more little quests involved on changing the balance of armies - f.e., making assault on archmage of Nords army, poisoning water, etc
Though it can make questline tooo long Smile
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM,

I think if the player fails, tha the 3 quests where they take over Soluthis should happen.

We don't want our game to be a reload fest, but still have consquences for failure. If you lose you're taken to a Nord Village jail. Of course you break out. If you help another Redoran there will be some reward later on. Than you make your way back and it leads to Kukulzas quests.
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM,

Ebonyknight: I think we have to accept the fact that ebony armor in TES4 isn't the same as it was in TES3. Glass, ebony and daedric just isn't as rare and fantastic as it used to be - and that's a real shame in my opinion, but it's true just the same.

Our guideline says, "No to breaking lore, yes to expanding it." So in this case we can't make ebony rare and fantastic (break lore), but we can make another armor (expand lore) that goes beyond Daedric in quality. I would have rather seen glass, ebony and daedric still be fantastic, but since it isn't, it seems to me to be the best solution. It's in that context I suggested the sunken galleon carrying ebony armor and weapons.

TheImperialDragon: I think you're overestimating it when you say it will take one evening to complete those ten quests. Just finding the right way through the Vargon caves should take an evening, if the scale of the caves turn out like they looked like in my head. I'm a stickler for scale and if I mod that location I will surely measure the actual distance in the exterior world and make the interior caves match it.

By the way, this isn't a proposal for an overall Silgrad Tower main-quest. It doesn't negate other sequential quests, like one in Silgrad City and one in Blacklight, or for that matter an epic all-encompassing main quest. It's a proposal for a mini-main quest focusing on House Redoran's war with Skyrim.

One of the difficulties we're faced with is that there's a war going on, and it's already started by the time the player arrives. We have to convey that to the player, but it's difficult to do that while at the same time including very many miscellaneous quests, as those can very easily feel anticlimactic. If they instead can be weaved into the building climax of the war and injected at an appropriate point then there is a much lesser chance of it feeling anticlimactic.

Another idea entirely is to have those miscellaneous quests outside the storyline and quest sequence of the war. A guar herding quest could be kept intact instead of being tweaked into a quest that fits in the storyline of the war, if the guar herding quest is a misc quest the player stumbles upon.

X23: That's a really good idea. :goodjob: Drop him in jail and leave him to his own devices, while building in several possibilities of solving it. Does he talk to the guard and use his speechcraft skill to open the door? Pick the lock? Assassinate an oblivious guard and steal his weapons and armor, and fight his way out? And so on. (those are just ideas)

The sole reason I was (and am) cautious about the quests KuKulzA suggested is because they strike me as extremely complicated to mod. Ever the pragmatist, I try to think through how every part of the quests I suggested would be modded, and I'm confident that the quests I suggested can be modded in a fairly straightforward manner. As good as KuKulzA's suggestions are, I don't feel the same level of confidence in the practical aspect of modding them. That is why I would prefer that they be kept optional instead of us committing to mod them, because if we did commit to mod them, we might very well find that we can't. Confusedhrug: They are good though, and would be rather cool to see enacted.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-01-2006, 06:32 PM,

well it was all inspired when you said something about finding a way to stop the player from losing at Soluthis or whatever...
but I felt that they should be able to lose but redeem themselves with amazing victories to finally expell the Nords... it is meant to be heard to play and probably much harder to mod and script some of the triggers and stuff...

do you guys call it triggers in TES? In Real Time Strategy we call it triggers... I guess it gets much more complicated in TES and stuff where trigger is more like a big script... Confusedhrug:
08-01-2006, 06:43 PM,

It's not just a matter of scripting the trigger to enable/disable references, but to make absolutely sure nothing conflicts with each other would be my main concern. There is so much that could go wrong by enabling/disabling and entire city.

Though using all new worldspaces does open up all sorts of options. =)

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-01-2006, 06:50 PM,

I hope it works out...
and I hope my ideas don't end up hurting the developement of Silgrad Tower mod...
but I also hope I can be of use... :yes:
08-01-2006, 06:54 PM,

Ideas can never hurt, KuKulzA. They can only open up more possibilities. Wink

An idea just sprouted in my head. Why would we need to enable/disable hundreds of different models in Reich Parkeep to simulate it being seiged/overthrown by the Nords when we could just enable new doors on top of the originals that teleport you into the new worldspace. The one that's overrun? In that sense, these quests shouldn't prove to be too difficult to implement. :goodjob:

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere