Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran quests
12-19-2007, 04:53 PM,

The Bloat Spore is rare so that part works, but other than its use as an ingrediant what purpose does it serve...what would make it a valueable commodity?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-19-2007, 05:49 PM,

It allows you to grow bloat? :lmao:

I wish i could see the nif, it sounds like it would fit nicely with what i had in mind. The way i have the cave designed doesnt really allow for it to be a mine, so precious metals are out.

Sad As much as i like being a lore-abiding citizen, it seems to get in the way a lot. Maybe a retex/recolour and different name, a special type of bloat that has some greater property than your garden variety bloat. Cave bloat? DEATH bloat? Could have explosive properties...
12-19-2007, 07:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shakes
I wish I could see the nif, it sounds like it would fit nicely with what I had in mind.

I edited my post to include the link to the bloat job description; if you like you can see the reference files there. I'll keep the dimensions about the same, but haven't seen ev1's texes yet. He hasn't failed me yet though. Smile

As for whether bloat is a good enough reason, I can think of two approaches:

- Shakes' approach of a "superbloat", Smile
- The bloat, while valuable, is just a pretext; there's something else there that the Redorans want, but secretly. Once the PC gets to the bloat, maybe if his alchemy is high enough, he recognizes that the bloat is not "that good" and looks for the real reason. Of course there can be another method of notification for the alchemically-challenged.

Steve
12-20-2007, 04:40 AM,

To make bloat, I like that Big Grin

12-20-2007, 05:23 AM,

Wow looks pretty groovy. Should fit very nicely. I still think a recoloured variant with some valuable property would be the way to go - definitely conceivable lore wise.

The reason i dont like the 'ulterior motive' steve is that redoran would either tell you when they give you the quest OR its highly secretive/above your rank and they wont discuss it with you. it would be kind of awkward if you caught your house out mid-quest and went back to confront them about it. although the cave could contain some small clue alluding to its greater worth, and leave the player to wonder about it themselves. perhaps it could simply be a front for a redoran intel base near the nord border. in fact it could even be the cave which the player traverses through in the 'attack nord town' quest, with another secret exit revealed in that quest leading to the tunnel network through to the nord village. that would be very cool.

in any case, if im going to start work on this cave, what is the process? Do i just dl the public esp and find the moldcave tileset in there? does it need to be officially set up as a claim first or something? Is there a thread ive missed with all the relevant info?
12-20-2007, 08:18 AM,

Quest proposition, which some may not like:

One thing i LOVED about morrowind and was gravely disappointed not to see in Oblivion - warring guilds/factions. I remember how real the world became when i was asked to seek out and kill a member from an enemy guild, that i was actually at the time interested in joining. I went through with it and satisfyingly thought 'ah well, that guild will be for my next character'.

And now in ob you can play through every single questline with one character. Bollox, im sure it would feel watery as hell if i actually brought myself to do that. Just knowing the option is there is bad enough. choices that matter and affect your experience in the world = good.

So with that and the widely known fact that redoran burningly HATE theives guild, lets have a seek and destroy theives guild member mission as one of the starters. Maybe they are continually stealing from redoran friends, the temple. but as the temple cannot condone direct violence for this sort of thing, they have asked redoran to fix the problem.
12-21-2007, 05:15 AM,

Shakes: this is a good idea

We had discussed the Thieves Guild involvement in Silgrad and had decided that the guild would play a small part in Silgrad, so knocking off a few thieves would be fine as starter quests

Enjoy
Diet Bob

12-30-2007, 04:41 PM,

Ok well over the next few days im going to write up a draft of the quest line with all the quests in the flowchart i posted a few posts back plus those discussed since.

is around 15 quests a good number for house redoran or should we try and pare it down a little?

EDIT: here's the flowchart,
although i cant update it with the new quests until tomorrow.