Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refugee Hostal
07-08-2005, 11:38 PM,
Refugee Hostal
Since this is a reworked piece, It will be completly new (aside from the Mess Hall, which holds a place in my heart) I would say before I start the major reworking of the Hostal, I have some issues that could arise about the builders and owners of the Hostal

e.g Who built it? When?

I dont have any background info. to work from, I just went with what ever looked cool in the previous version. This time I would like it to have more character and history.

Any Suggestions..
Back In Business
07-11-2005, 09:44 PM,

Well, could you answer these questions? That might make it easier to picture the Hostel in one's mind, and from that point spin ideas around it.

? Who built it, and why?
? Who owns and operates it?
? What function does it serve in Silgrad?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-11-2005, 11:01 PM,

Some of my ideas; Trying to keep it as Lore safe as I can.

Who built it :

Originaly the Hostal was a barracks, used many years ago, before the demand for better facilities. After the new barracks was built the older barracks fell into misuse.
Counilers, with the increase of criminals and sqwatters the barracks was harbouring, decided to put the barracks to new use.
(For some reason, War most likely in other parts of Tamriel, many refugees came through Silgrad)
With the numbers of Refugees increasing dramaticly the Council turned the Barracks into a make shift hostel.
----------------------------
Probably Hhaalu tileset, maybe some Velothi.
------------------------------

Operators : Silgrad Council, the Legion has some power over the Imperial sectors.

I would try to make a barracks first, then age it. Then visualise it trying to home hundreads.
Back In Business
07-11-2005, 11:57 PM,

Grand Inquisitor: Oki, sounds good Smile Which war though?

According to our city's history the town was Redoran before the war broke out and the whole original town was utterly destroyed (except for the Tower of Silgrad). There's no problem with altering the story so the Refugee Hostel survived as well, but if it's an old structure then it has to be Redoran, I think? Then again you could swat two flies in one smack if the Hostel was set up for people who became homeless after the 'Battle for Silgrad Tower' ? If so then it'd fit perfectly to make it a Hlaalu structure.

One niggle is that it's so cramped around the city. Perhaps an extra exterior cell could be added to the west of Silgrad Tower, which could house the Hostel? If so, then it could be spread out over a larger area and imho that would give a much better impression. That might be just me, though. What do you think?

Personally I'd love to see the Slums moved westward too (for framerate reasons).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-12-2005, 12:06 PM,

Sounds great, the slums could be placed around the main entrance to the hostel. Giving the impression of an overflowing hostel at one point.

As you said, maybe the hostel was made by House Redoran, older parts of the building could be Redoran tileset, maybe some of the newer, recently built (after the Battle for Silgrad Tower) parts of the building could be Hhaalu.

I think the deeper you travel into the hostel the more rundown the buildings will get.
Back In Business