Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding TES III quests
04-09-2006, 06:12 AM,
Regarding TES III quests
It seems most appropriate to ask this here.

What is your stance toward the quests available in TES III? Given Bethsoft's management of past games in their current ones, the most logical thing seems to be "Everything that could have happened through a quest, happened".

This only really matters in a few instances (probably) -- I'm sure *someone* killed those rats for the crazy pillow lady in Balmora eventually -- but those are pretty big ones. Mainly, I'm talking about the final Morag Tong quests, although Trebonius's clearing out the Telvanni is also huge, and the fate of Gentleman Jim Stacy would have an impact on the Thieves Guild, and there are probably a few others that aren't springing to mind.

It seems reasonable to say that anything post-MQ (Morag Tong grandmaster writs and Trebonius's hits) was essentially just bonus material, and wasn't intended to be a part of TES history. But I'm pretty curious who'd still be around in Vvardenfell six years later.

After all, the Thieves-Fighters Guild little war saw a lot of big name killings, and with that kind of instability it's perfectly plausible that both sides eventually got wiped out however any particular player handled the situation.

And the player had the option to kill/not kill Trebonius. How do you guys shake that one out? Since death is a possibility, I figure he wouldn't be around. Maybe asking around at the Guild, someone would say something like "We solved that problem internally, if you know what I mean", leaving it unclear what actually happened (something so ambiguous leaves open the possibility that he was assassinated after the events of Morrowind, or that he was recalled, or reposted elsewhere, while also allowing for the possibility that the player killed him).

Although I'd guess the biggest 'up-in-the-air' are the heads of the Great Houses. After all, it's possible that the player killed any of the three, and all three are very upper-tier characters. The player goes on to become Nerevarine, and as we know, the Nerevarine disappears. Would it be most reasonable to assume that the sponsor character (Aryon, etc.) became the head in each case? After all, even without the Nerevarine killing the grandmasters to become head of a House, each of them seemed to have a great big target on their back, and someone was bound to try replacing them. Also, this would go a long way to explaining why Redoran continues to weaken, though Venim had been shoring up his House quite well.

Another less important thing to consider: It'd be kind of fun and easter-eggy if, for example, in the Balmora Mages Guild, Ranis had her position taken over by Ajira. I'm sure there are other analogous situations.

So... er... yeah. I'm just wondering how much your Vvardenfell draws on the past.
04-09-2006, 07:26 AM,

I believe that Beth's stance is not that all quests occurred, just that the Main Quest occurred, and that is the stance of our mod as well. There are, however, other major events that are likely to have occurred and, though not obligated, we will probably help out the player by putting them in as well. To this end Varus is gone, and so is Ranis, and so is Trebonius. I'm not sure about any others, but it is open for discussion I think. I'm willing to bet that we'll leave the Telvani Council alive though.
04-09-2006, 09:48 AM,

Wow, it's just like survivor, people will get voted off the island! :lmao:
04-09-2006, 10:23 AM,

regarding the Redoran, Venim's son, Ralos Venim, takes over...
he, under the guidance of Athyn Sarethi, now is going to try to pull Redoran out of decline, bring it back to a first-rate power, and acquire new allies.
Duke Vedam Dren was both Grandmaster and Duke, but he gave the Grandmaster position to Raynasa Rethan