Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region transitions
07-25-2008, 09:00 AM,
Region transitions
Should we bother with regiin transitions or not? I mean creating a transition between two different region near each other, like deepen moor and Ahunor valley. There are enough other examples. The only exception is lathrys island, because it's one type of region enclosed by the sea.
I mean specific about adding items from a neighbouring region in the region preset or just placing those objects at the border cells. Unless there is another techincal solution.
Or would that be a waste of time or not needed?

You can always split the regions into smaller regions , so you won't have to generate a region of hunderds cells.
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM,

blackbird, the transitions should be gone over by hand after the regions are generated. There may be a few smaller sub-regions to help make smoother transitions, but I think most of it will be done by hand. Right now it would be kind of difficult to mod the transitions... mostly because the regions haven't been generated yet. When it is time to mod the transitions, it will be up to the modders, and a very important part of it will be communication between different region modders.

Splitting the region claims before having generated content, to me, seems pointless. Whether the region has only 50 cells or 400, most of the early work should logically go into the preset. If there are problems during generation, either me or someone else might be able to help. After that, you should be able to set up claims for different parts of the region. It would be best if you contacted me about this beforehand, however. I might need to check with sandor about a few technical matters first.

(I edited this post for a bit more clarity and accuracy)
07-25-2008, 06:56 PM,

Ok, I see your point.

(EDIT TID: Moved to the archive)