Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reich Parkeep: Reclaiming the Ancient Gate
04-28-2006, 01:08 AM,

raggidman: I respect your views and generally speaking I probably agree with you on them but it has to be kept within range of what is feasible to mod. When I wrote my draft I always had the thought in the back of my mind, Can I mod this? Can I mod that? If a concept struck me as being hard or impossible, I nixed it, and so I kept it straight-forward and streamlined for that reason. I'm halfway sure I can mod the quest like I outlined it, or like noremorse revised it, but taking it as far as your ideas go would lead into the realm of the impossible. Sorry. Smile

I used the word "outrage" because I see House Redoran as somewhat cocky and arrogant, viewing everyone else as inferior and weak whether they are stronger in reality or not.

Quote:Suggest a capital H for: 'Holy Gate'

I think that could cause confusion over the title. It's holy to them, but it's not the "Holy Gate" so to speak, it's the "Ancient Gate".

Quote:I must confess I really really hate that word swit. It may be a well known dunmer insult (though no one seems to know what it means) there is a kind of a singular nastiness to it but I associate swit with little girls and boys in smugglers caves screaming futilely their hatred at me just before I cut them down... I hope you manage to coax a sincere hatred from whoever gets to do the voiceover on that one!

I assume it just means "a-hole" or something like that. A flavorful descriptive phrase. I guess I could use n'wah instead. Confusedhrug:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-28-2006, 09:38 AM,

Well enuf, its all on a use what you can basis.

What you see as impossible I would not know, but I have heard that there is an assassin's quest in Oblivion where you are trapped in a house full of people you have to kill, and that you can actually persuade them that someone else is the killer, and get them to kill each other if you are very clever.

The Battle
Maybe what I have suggested includes more 'video cameos' than was normal in Morrowind? During the battle most of the 'allies' would need to be proofed against major wounds until the reinforcements arrive through the Gate. And through commands in the event of a player death he would be automatically respawned at the same point wih a cutscene of the Hero reviving him?

After the second wave of Nords arrives the allies could be weakened by changes made with a number having a very high flight index and/or stats lowered so the the Nords would then prevail. The fulcrum of choice would be when the Hero is injured. that also could be forced during a 'lull' in the battle - it would even be reasonable to force all the combattants to stop fighting and watch for a few seconds as the Hero Goes Down - that stuff does happen.

The choices the Hero makes through the replies options menu could be linked to further changes in the 'emotional balances' of the NPCs:
1)(a) the second wave and surviving Nords are given v.high flight probability = no contest plus they will not attack the downed Hero;
1)(b) the second wave are given a command that they hate some of the fleeing empire/Redoran forces and are thereby distracted so the Hero can be taken to safety, or there might be a cutscene.

Etc. This stuff can be handled through careful manipulation of the new CS aI options and stuff. I just wish my situation was such that I could attempt it. Maybe you could consult someone like Henry Morgan, he seems to like technical chalenges!

If you don't like these ideas then that's ok. But if you like them, hten please, please think them through. If not to apply them in this quest, then in others where you feel they might be more appropriate. I have seen what you have all achieved with TES 3 CS, and I am sure that you can do more than you currently believe with the TES 4 CS.

Got to go, good hunting

And in the main I hate stuff that traps me into set choices, but in a special quest that might still work...what remains on that score is the desire to do so...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman