Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reich Parkeep: The Red Book of 3E 432
03-01-2006, 07:49 AM,
Reich Parkeep: The Red Book of 3E 432
[blockquote]Razorwing?s Notes:
I believe it?s safe to assume that Bolvyn Venim, who was Archmaster of House Redoran for Vvardenfell District at the start of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is considered dead in official history. I believe this because whether the player pursued the main quest or fought his way through the ranks of House Redoran, he would inevitably kill Venim on the floor of the Arena in Vivec. However as Venim was only Archmaster of Vvardenfell District, I don?t consider his death to have had great impact on House Redoran?s affairs on the mainland.

This yearbook is for the year 3E 432, which is ?last year? in the chronology of a player starting Oblivion, as was done in The Elder Scrolls III.

Silgrad District is a term I use to describe the northwestern part of Morrowind?s mainland. It?s a huge area west of Vvardenfell that stretches almost as long as the island does. It?s considerably narrower though, and is approximately half the size of the island. There are a number of Redoran towns in the District, with the two major ones being Reich Parkeep and Cormaris View. Smaller Redoran towns include Maar Mok (just south of Reich Parkeep), Ebbedin (far east of Reich Parkeep), and Gargon Huul and Ald Khos to the northwest.

It might be interesting to note that Kashi Mantas is both the only female Councillor as well as the only Councillor not presiding over a town. Her business is to oversee Redoran affairs and interests in Silgrad Tower.

Lastly, the Redoran Councillors are not to be confused with Councillors on Silgrad's "Council of Elders". They are altogether different power structures.

Map references:
Silgrad Tower: Oblivion Concept Map
Blacklight: Oblivion Concept Map
Prometheus Morrowind Map [/blockquote]

black[/HR]
[The Red Book is a yearbook of the affairs of the Redoran Council of Silgrad District for 3E 432. It lists the current members of the council and their official residences. It also chronicles significant events and council actions for the year.]

Archmaster Varkan Areya, by Grace of Almsivi, Chief Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Lord Reich Parkeep of Areya Manor, West Manors, Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind chose to represent him on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, himself.

Councilor Athyn Sathla, by Grace of Almsivi, Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Province of Morrowind, Lord Gargon Huul of Sathla's Homestead, Ghathur Road, Gargon Huul, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind. Lord Gargon Huul chose to represent him on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, his esteemed cousin Rematha Sathla, House Mother of Sathla Manor, West Manors, Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind.

Councilor Kashi Mantas, by Grace of Almsivi, Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Province of Morrowind, Lord Silgrad Tower of Mantas' Manor, East of Silgrad Tower, Silgrad Tower, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind. Lord Silgrad Tower chose to represent her on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, her esteemed liege Tran Hlaalo, House Cousin of Mantas Manor, West Manors, Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind.

Councilor Rethan Vethi, by Grace of Almsivi, Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Province of Morrowind, Lord Ald Khos of Villa Vethi, Ald Khos, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind. Lord Ald Khos chose to represent him on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, his esteemed brother Nathor Vethi, House Father of Vethi Manor, West Manors, Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind.

Councilor Ythan Han, by Grace of Almsivi, Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Province of Morrowind, Lord Maar Mok of Han's House, Maar Mok, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind. Lord Maar Mok chose to represent him on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, himself.

Councilor Thanar Rethan, by Grace of Almsivi, Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Province of Morrowind, Lord of Cormaris View, of Rethan's Farm, Southeastern Blackwoods Peninsula, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind. Lord Blackwood chose to represent him on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, his esteemed brother Hllelvu Rethan, House Father of Rethan Manor, West Manors, Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind.

Councilor Llyid Vares, by Grace of Almsivi, Councilor of Redoran Council, Silgrad District, Province of Morrowind, Lord Ebbedin, of Vares Manor, Ebbedin, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind. Lord Ebbedin chose to represent him on the Redoran Council, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, his esteemed daughter Limitha Vares, House Cousin of Vares Manor, West Manors, Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind.

The harsh winter months of early 3E 432 was felt throughout District of Silgrad, with numerous blizzards tormenting all Dunmer alike. At times it was noted that the snow cover reached up to one's waist, and travelling under these conditions was a challenge for all. The spring came on Day 24, Sun's Dawn, 3E 432, and it was a time of joy as the warmth of the sun started melting the snow away. But glee soon turned into desperation as the resulting floods of melted snow washed away the only road to the Glorious Capital of Great House Redoran, District of Silgrad, Gargon Huul. It's people were cut off from the rest of District of Silgrad for over a month, which led to administrative chaos. Starvation also began to set in for Gargon Huul's tested citizens.

While our leaders sat isolated in Gargon Huul, decisions couldn't be communicated and important meetings all over District of Silgrad had to be postponed. The caravaners from Cyrodiil were in hard talks down in Silgrad Tower for the scheduled renegotiation of the price of seed for the upcoming planting, but with no communications to Glorious Gargon Huul, our envoys couldn't decide on their offers. Our envoys could do little beside waiting until Ghathur Road to Gargon Huul had been repaired. The more sand that ran through the hourglass, the closer time came to first planting, and situation became very dire.

When the muddy Ghathur Road had been cleared of rotten trees and stamped hard again, Archmaster Varkan Areya, Lord of Reich Parkeep, District of Silgrad, Morrowind Province, gathered a small envoy and rode down to Silgrad Tower himself to meet with the Imperial caravaners. The talks lasted from sunrise to sunset, but in the end, he prevailed and brokered an agreeable deal just in time for seeding. Joy spread throughout District of Silgrad as news of salvation reached every farm and every village. Glory to Great House Redoran!

The joy of salvation did not overshadow the memory of how close House Redoran had come to starvation and deaths by the thousands. It was clear to every kindsman that Glorious Gargon Huul, for all its history and culture, was no longer suited as Glorious Capital of Great House Redoran, District of Silgrad. A conference among the nobles was of great importance, and Councilor Athyn Sathla, Lord Gargon Huul, invited to a banquet on Day 14, First Seed, 3E 432. The old Council Hall was waterdamaged and overrun with moss and fungi, and one didn't have to take many steps through the door before coughing set in. Councilor Ythan Han, Lord Maar Mok, humorously noted that the floods had made Gargon Huul feel a lot like Seyda Neen. By grace of ALMSIVI the sun was shining that day, and the banquet was held beneath the open sky. Everyone had a fabulous time, an archery contest was held, the three-breasted whore from Balmora entertained everyone with her gimpy dance, and some light trading was done as some townspeople showed their handicraft on Ghathur Road.

Archmaster Varkan Areya, Lord Reich Parkeep, led the debate later in the evening. Councillor Athyn Sathla, Lord Gargon Huul, argued to keep the capital at his home town, Gargon Huul, but garnered few supporters among the other Councillors. The catastrophy which had almost destroyed House Redoran was mostly due to Gargon Huul being situated so far from a major road. Of the three major roads in District of Silgrad (Ounmeth road, going past Ald Khos to the large Nord keep Windhelm; Vernim road, leading into central Skyrim; and the busy Rift road, which goes by Silgrad Tower and connects to Cyrodiil), Gargon Huul wasn't near any of them. Archmaster Varkan Areya, Lord Reich Parkeep, was diplomatic on the matter, but didn't hesitate to bring up Reich Parkeep's many advantages. It has become the largest Redoran town in District of Silgrad, he noted, and has a bustling trade going on with Skyrim as well as being on a connecting road to Rift pass. After some discussion, Reich Parkeep's strategic advantages were apparant to most, and it was declared to be District of Silgrad's new shining light of Glorious House Redoran.

A Construction Rebate was instituted for all Councilors to build residences in Reich Parkeep, and as taxes started pouring into Reich Parkeeps newly crafted vault, deep beneath the town, work on the new ''West Manor'' district got underway. Archmaster Varkan Areya's Manor is situated quite a bit to the west of Reich Parkeep and so was deemed a natural focal point for the new residences. With Lord Reich Parkeep's existing Manor in the middle, four plots were opened in a semi-circle around it. From southwest to northeast, the plots were given to Vethi, Vares, (Areya,) Sathla and Mantas. Many workers from District of Silgrad and beyond came to raise the Manors, some from as far away as Kragenmoore, and at summer's end the building tasks were completed.

Lord Maar Mok forfeited the Construction Rebate granted for residence in Reich Parkeep, Glorious Capital of Great House Redoran, District of Silgrad, Province of Morrowind, citing that he would like to ride the short distance since his healer had prompted him to get more fresh air. The Councillors agreed to use the Construction Rebate allocated to Lord Maar Mok to raise a new stables in Maar Mok instead. Lord Maar Mok wanted it to be noted in the record that he was very pleased with the ruling.

Councilor Thanar Rethan, Lord of Cormaris View, was noted as being pressed for funds at the current time and opted instead to purchase a house in central Reich Parkeep with the Construction Rebate. The Construction Rebate only stretches so far and Councilor Rethan was not able to further fund a manor in West Manors. Councilor Thanar Rathan noted that as a Councilors wealth is tied to the tax income from the area or town he is representing, rural regions such as Cormaris View did not lend themselves to the same level of wealth as a Councilor from Kragenmoore. The Council assured Lord of Cormaris View that it understood his situation and that Great House Redoran did not look down upon him for his lack of personal wealth.

Day 20, Last Seed, 3E 432. Erabu Sakatosh, a local Guard Captain, put forth his sixth annual proposal that Great House Redoran invade and reclaim Silgrad Tower. The proposal was voted down for the sixth time.

Day 3, Hearthfire, 3E 432. Archmaster Varkan Areya announced he would be building a cottage for Venthi 'Lazy-Eye' Tholi, a homeless kinsman who has lived in Reich Parkeep all his life. The council applauded his initiative.

Day 8, Hearthfire, 3E 432. Jean Luno, a Breton gardener in the employ of Archmaster Varkan Areya, approached the council and shared news from his travels to Blacklight. He had heard rumours from several townspeople that the Empire is preparing to abandon their charter town and withdraw to Cyrodiil. The council chose not to believe the rumours, but thanked Luno for his devotion to House Redoran by naming him Retainer. Luno bowed and asked that the record note he is grateful for being granted the right to become a home owner, as living in Archmaster Areya?s manor provided so few chances to get out in the sun.

Day 3, Frostfall, 3E 432. It has come to the council's attention that Venthi 'Lazy-Eye' Tholi has sold his cottage and is currently camped out on top of the payment, which consists of ten cases of Sujamma. At Archmaster Varkan Areya's, Lord Reich Parkeep, insistance the council agreed to cast him out of Great House Redoran.

Day 6, Frostfall, 3E 432. Kinsman Jean Luno returned from another one of his travels and presented the council with a Dragonbone cuirass as well as several documents which substantiate his story that the Imperial legion has withdrawn from Blacklight. Jean Luno was elevated to Oathman for his service.

Day 28, Frostfall, 3E 432. The council noted that Kashi Mantas has yet to visit Reich Parkeep and her manor. The council asked Tran Hlaalo if the manor was a wedding gift, since Hlaalo has not shown much interest in the affairs of the council. Tran Hlaalo denied and pledged to take a more active role. The council agreed to send word to Silgrad Tower that they look forward to seeing Councilor Kashi Mantas before year's end.

Day 1, Sun's Dusk, 3E 432. The Imperial guard captain, Flavius Nuntius, called to a town meeting of Dunmer and Imperials alike. He made a brief statement, citing civil unrest and mysterious incidents in Cyrodiil, and declared that the Imperial legion would be leaving Reich Parkeep within two weeks. All Imperial citizens, regardless of race, was said to be welcome to join them when they set out on march, if they so chose. The power over Reich Parkeep was to be turned over to Great House Redoran, represented by Archmaster Varkan Areya, following the Imperial withdrawal. House Redoran was granted use of the Imperial keep in return for their pledge to maintain it until the Legion returned. While it was not said so explicitly, few believed that they'd see the Legion back in Reich Parkeep in their lifetime.

Baron Remo took the stand and announced he planned to remain in Reich Parkeep. His decision was accepted, if not applauded. His stay brought confidence that the days would pass like normal in Reich Parkeep, calming some of our hesitent brethren, but unfortunately also calming outlanders. The meeting stirred up emotions in everyone, good in some, bad in others. A squirrely wood elf looked as though he wanted to grab the leg of an Imperial guard and hold on tight, and cower in their presumed strenght. The council meeting, held later that night, agreed to cast out the wood elf in the unlikely case he did not follow the Imperials.

Day 12, Sun's Dusk, 3E 432. Archmaster Varkan Areya announced a feast would be held on Day 18, Sun's Dusk, 3E 432, to celebrate his and his wife Jenthi's daughter Shelsi's engagement to Erabu Sakatosh.

And so concludes this account of affairs of House Redoran, Silgrad District, Morrowind Province, 3E 432.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-21-2006, 02:43 AM,

I've started modding and modelling the "West Manors" neighbourhood in Reich Parkeep/Soluthis now. I custom-modelled the main manor, home to Lord Reich Parkeep, Archmaster Varkan Areya, and it's looking pretty neat if I say so myself. I'll be sure to post screenshots when it's done.

In the meantime I got to thinking about the book I wrote and how it should be adapted for use in Oblivion. The main story in the game didn't turn out quite so apocalyptical for Cyrodiil as I thought it would, and there's no hints at the legions actually withdrawing from the Provinces (which I think TES3 hinted in some ways that they would be; that the coming events would spell the end of the Empire, i.e. Cyrodiil losing control of the Provinces).

What do you think, raggidman?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-21-2006, 09:48 AM,

See you're indulging yourself in producing more excellence Razorwing...

Your assessment of the fate of Bolvin Venim was written in his own intransigence - and he committed suicide through his overweening pride and refusal to deal with reality. You are entirely correct there.

As to your book - I am waiting for the Yellow book next or the brown, and after that...

As to the question of the Legions - it is clear that there was serious unrest and perhaps some movement to deal with the 'riots,' though how widespread it was is hard to determine. Maybe the 'riots' were dealt with and any units that were repositioned to deal with that affair were returned to their starting point?

But have you considered that reports of the riots may have been exagerated to cover a strategic withdrawal from Morrowind and Vvardenfell specifically in the face of the threat from Dagoth Ur and the Blight, which it is clear the Emperor took very seriously?

Given the fall of the Tribunal, and Vivec's stated intention to enhance the Ancient Velothi traditions and reclassify the members of the Tribunal as Saints, perhaps the phrase
Quote:"by Grace of Almsivi"
could be changed to either: "by Grace of Veloth" or "by Grace of the Saints" or even a reference to the Good Daedra? Reason being that it has to be decided where the dunmer now believe or accept that 'ultimate authority' lies?

This is something that is being underestimated by most Lore Meisters, but is unavoidable for the Dunmer people.

Actually everyone seems to be ignoring Holamayne and the Dissident Priests also, therefore I am going to start a thread on both matters.

Just a thought, but is there a 'Book of the Council of Silgrad?' - if there are Imperial Seats on the Council then their human/oid (non-elf) members might have died or retired... where the Dark Elves would live on for hundreds of years...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-21-2006, 08:41 PM,

raggidman:
Oki Smile

Would it be presumptious of me if I asked you, as kindly as I can, that you used you judgement to pick the best of your suggestions and revise the Red Book text according to that?

Anything that's believable is okay with me, preferrably without boxing us in too much later on. By that I mean I think it would be great if, in your potential edit, there weren't that many detailed descriptions of places and similar that we'd have to mod according to the book text, apart from the ones that are already there. Because it could turn out that it just wouldn't be pragmatic to follow the description even though the description sounded great, because it's a computer game and we can only do so many things. Actions people make on the other hand is perfect, because they've already made them when the game starts and the player can't know if they did or didn't, so to speak.
Angel mired in filth
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Given the fall of the Tribunal, and Vivec's stated intention to enhance the Ancient Velothi traditions and reclassify the members of the Tribunal as Saints, perhaps the phrase
could be changed to either: "by Grace of Veloth" or "by Grace of the Saints" or even a reference to the Good Daedra? Reason being that it has to be decided where the dunmer now believe or accept that 'ultimate authority' lies?
V'Vehk hasn't done this yet, in the Vvardenfell mod's storyline anyway. Keep in mind he's a liar, too. He didn't say with his Water Face (which makes it so he cannot lie) he would restore Daedra worship.

And it's "Holamayan".
06-21-2006, 09:10 PM,

I agree with whichever substitute title you guys think "Almsivi" should be replaced with. :yes: I used the Red Book of 3E 426 as the template when I wrote it.
Angel mired in filth
06-21-2006, 09:43 PM,

ALMSIVI should stay, I think. (ALMSIVI... hmm:
ALMalexia
SIl, Sotha
VIvec?)
06-21-2006, 10:32 PM,

Axen: Yes exactly, it allures to the Tribunal. I guess it's easier for the Dunmer to say Almsivi than "By the Grace of Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec". Same as Almsivi Intervention teleports you to the nearest place they are worshipped.
Angel mired in filth
07-06-2006, 10:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
V'Vehk hasn't done this yet, in the Vvardenfell mod's storyline anyway. Keep in mind he's a liar, too. He didn't say with his Water Face (which makes it so he cannot lie) he would restore Daedra worship.

And it's "Holamayan".

Thanks for the spelling correction Axen Blush I have been misreading that name from the first...grrrr to self!

On the changes having happened or not, who says?

Even if there has been an announcement in Morrowind, would the Imperials pay any attention to the crazy Dark Elf 'pseudo-gods' and their statements. It isn't the sort of thing that the average Imperial on the street exactly discuss, and past books suggest that the transfer of info on events that the Emperor does not want transferred is neglegible.

It is clear that there are changes in the wind. It has been a long time (decades?) since Dagoth Ur was destroyed, and it was Vivec who was feeling the pressure and wished to relinquish status - no one pressured him to it - he stated it in his secret writings.

ps - you know when he told people about that water face thing? He wasn't using his water face... Wink

On it Raz!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-06-2006, 10:28 PM,

It's only been six years since Dagoth Ur was destroyed. Actually, Dagoth Ur was destroyed a year or two after Morrowind starts, officially, which makes that just four or five years.