Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release 4
07-01-2005, 07:25 PM,

Thanks a lot, DarkEclipse.

Alright, I did it, removed the old .7z file, created a self-extracting .exe file and uploaded it.

Now ... please try again, everybody and I hope you accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-01-2005, 10:25 PM,

Works great, thank you.

Nothing to appologise for Quentin, it's not your fault. But good thinking how to circumvent the problem.

By the way, in the opening post the name of the person, yours, who did the greatest part of work by fixing all the bugs is missing Wink

Greetings
TN
07-02-2005, 06:40 AM,

Hehe ... good to know that it works now.

And ... me thanking myself for the things I've done? Interesting concept. I should do that at work to have at least one who appreciates what I do. :lmao:

But despite all the troubles I encountered during the process, I had so much fun that I think it's okay that didn't put me on the list. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-02-2005, 07:52 AM,

Quentin: Thanks, the download and extraction worked beautifully :goodjob:

Later on, could you give me a heads-up approx. a week before you plan to release the next full release and I'll get to work on putring together a player guide that I've been thinking about writing?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-02-2005, 08:31 AM,

Good! Hehe ... I still can't use the link even though I changed a few of my firewall settings ... *sigh* ... but it's not as if I would need it, eh? Wink

I'm trying (with a very strong emphasis of trying) to get a full release ready for July the 31st. There are still bugs to fix and I assume that The Nerevarine is already out hunting so there will be more to come.

But you can mark that date and start writing, there won't be a new - public - release before that date and I'll let you know, if there will be a delay.

Greetings

Quentin
07-02-2005, 08:57 AM,

Quentin: I'm probably stupid but couldn't you turn off your firewall for a minute to see if your browser can connect with the download? If it can, then you'd know it was firewall that caused it, and perhaps you could then add silgrad.com to a list of safe sites in your firewall setup.

Excellent, July 31st is plenty of time Big Grin
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-02-2005, 09:24 AM,

Hehe ... I don't think your suggestion is stupid, but based on my experiences with my firewall turned off, I think I'll do it the other way round (Last time I've been surfing without a firewall it took app. 15 seconds and I was screwed). At least I know it's not the browser.

I delved a bit deeper into the FW settings and found out that from the app. 70 things I can allow or block about 60 are blocked so I'm going to do it the hard way, step by step. Big Grin

Greetings

Quentin

Ed.Rw 050702, 13:50 C.E.T.: Okidoki, good luck. I don't think this will help, but if you see something in the settings that have to do with cgi and/or perl, I think that's what the script uses.
07-20-2005, 04:31 PM,

Please see the initial post, which has been updated with an ESP fix made by Quentin.

Playing/using the fixed esp removes the [CRLF] line break bugs in dialogue.

So for any player reading this, download 1.4 and toss the esp, then download the fix and extract and play with that one.

I'd like a new full release put together. I'll be happy to do it if I can get an update (.esp + resources) from Quentin tonight, otherwise I'll just recompile the 1.4 release with the esp fix and upload it (probably later tonight, knock on wood).
Angel mired in filth
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM,

Patience, as a wise man once stated, is a virtue.

So, since I don't know, if I already mentioned this in public, I aim to get a full public release ready for July the 31st and want to add a new internal release this weekend. (does it make you drool? yes? yes? - Good! Big Grin)

I'm not quite content with the workaround as well, but ... I won't hinder you, if you want to fix the existing one already. *whistles innocently*

Greetings

Quentin
07-20-2005, 04:51 PM,

Dear God yes, I'm drooling like crazy over here. Gimme gimme gimme! Wink

Your plan sounds great and I'll go ahead and do the recompiling tonight, so, no stress. Smile

Edit 050720, 20:50 C.E.T.: Download server 2 (silgrad.com) is updated. Now updating download server 1 (my filefront account).

Edit 050720, 21:58 C.E.T.: Aaand :check: on download server 1. Time for bed.
Angel mired in filth