Poll: When do you think Oblivion will be released?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
January
0%
0 0%
February
0%
0 0%
March
0%
0 0%
April
0%
0 0%
May or later
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release date speculation
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by dwemer lizard
eehm im getting the normal version
im too poor Big Grin

Heh, I'M SOO POOR I don't even have a computer to play the game on. Top that! :]

Besides, you're rich in humour!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-31-2006, 03:38 AM,

Yay a oblivion battle chest lol

(Remembers Diablo 2 LOD to to well lol hell i still got the dang book that came with it lol)
But yeah i want the dang coin wonder if it will be plastic pewter or steel
im hoping for either pewter becuse it will be cheaper for them to make a more intricate desighn on it
or steel will last a hell alot longer but harder for delicate desighns
and may rust eventualy and will end up throwing at brothers head
01-31-2006, 07:29 AM,

March I think.Look at the elder scrolls official website.

P.S.Hey Dagoth are you still alive?
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-31-2006, 08:04 PM,

hmm....
now I need to get a new PC before the end of June or I will have failed my team...
I now hav close to the money... but I don't know if the new PC will be good enough... *sigh*...

any of you know off-hand if the Dell XPS M140 will be okay for TES4?
I can't afford anything above $1.5K, or 1 thousand five hundred dollars... I need to feed myself when I am in college Wink
especially the already installed video card:
Integrated Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator 900

XPS M140 without any enhancements is $899, and with enhancements probably around 1.3K? at most... but if it can't run TES4 well anyways... then I may go for a better one... if I can afford it...

EDIT: BTW, it IS a laptop. (notebook)... since in 2 years I will no longer live at home so I'll need a portable PC (as in notebook)... or a small desktop Big Grin
02-01-2006, 03:11 AM,

I do not know the specs on the laptop, but I read somewhere (I think a quote posted by RW) that a dev with the oldest computer in Bethesda could run OB just fine. It was about 4 years old and he had quite a few settings turned down or off, but it ran beautifully.

The major problem you'll have with a laptop is upgrading it. Very, very hard to if not impossible.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
02-01-2006, 03:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
I do not know the specs on the laptop, but I read somewhere (I think a quote posted by RW) that a dev with the oldest computer in Bethesda could run OB just fine. It was about 4 years old and he had quite a few settings turned down or off, but it ran beautifully.

The major problem you'll have with a laptop is upgrading it. Very, very hard to if not impossible.

1. ok, that eases my anxiety
EDIT: means also that if I do get a new PC (I am right now using a DELL windows xp sorta comp.), then it should run fine, even if not top-of-the-line? Big Grin

2. yes, upgrading laptops is tricky business... in fact... like you said, almost impossible
02-01-2006, 03:30 AM,

Yes, and thank God for that. It doesn't look like I'll be doing much upgrading either. Maybe some more ram, hopefully.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
02-01-2006, 04:27 AM,

I read the same post and even though it is highly recommended to "wait until one day before the release date and get the best components money can buy" (Todd Howard) it should be possible to run Oblivion on older machines.

I found this very comforting since it gives me the chance to see what I really have to upgrade and what I will spend my hard-earned money for.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
02-01-2006, 04:37 AM,

true... cause not to diminish the awesomeness of TES4 Oblivion... but it IS just a game... I don't think spending a lot of money for a slightly better experience is worth it...
02-01-2006, 05:49 AM,

Look at the movies man.Look at the models.These are very expensive.Somewhere about 20$ per model at turbosquid.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.