Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing references from the ST Esm.
03-08-2008, 07:47 PM,
Removing references from the ST Esm.
After March 22nd I am going to delete references that aren't used from the esm.

Not used == Not placed inside an interior, a ST (child) worldspace or referenced by a quest etc.

For example a modder made a NPC but didn't place it inside his/her interior.

Possible categories.
  • AI packages
  • NPC's
  • Containers
  • Topics
  • Keys
  • etc.

For model related stuff, I'll concur with Razorwing.

If you want to keep an AI package, NPC or whatever, please post in this thread and I'll exclude these objects from the cleaning process.

TIA. Smile

EDIT
Obviously tileset pieces, flora, ingredients etc. won't be deleted.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-08-2008, 07:55 PM,

How about members of "sets" that have yet to be used? I'm thinking of course of the shacks, but there may be other models of that type involved.

And this is just my own curiosity, but are there a lot of "floating" objects like that around?

Kinda confused,
Steve
03-08-2008, 08:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
How about members of "sets" that have yet to be used? I'm thinking of course of the shacks, but there may be other models of that type involved.
Tilesets, flora, ingredients etc. will be excluded from the cleaning process.

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
And this is just my own curiosity, but are there a lot of "floating" objects like that around?
Yes, a lot.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-09-2008, 10:23 PM,

I'm alright with that, and I'm sure I've caused a few of them myself. Thumbs-up to removing them :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM,

I'm sure this will help a lot in keeping the ESM organized! :goodjob:
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
03-22-2008, 02:59 PM,

StSeEbb17Bodvis isn't placed yet but his house is modded and he does have AI packages. I think he was going to be used in an MT writ.
03-22-2008, 07:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
StSeEbb17Bodvis isn't placed yet but his house is modded and he does have AI packages. I think he was going to be used in an MT writ.
Thanks.

This NPC has also some dialogue lines.
I check if objects are referenced by other stuff like AI, when not, these objects will be deleted, obviously this NPC won't be deleted.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM,

The cleaning process has been finished. Smile

I generated an error report for the incorrect file pathing and compiled an archive with unused textures/meshes, these were sent to Razorwing. Because of his thorough and precise reply it was very easy to fix the these problems.

All objects referenced by the esm do have a correct filepath (as of now), a lot of unused textures have been removed from the bsa (by Razorwing).

Over 200 non-referenced entries have been removed, after checking every entry in the esm (except for the landscape). :dunce:

:alert:
For modders on our team, please download the ST esm v3.00 asap, to avoid problems (missing objects).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-22-2008, 11:07 AM,

Just a heads up, I'm currently scripting a companion for Dumac, I would like to point out I always have a storage cell for storing items not currently being used, Ie when only one thing is needed at a time. I would just like to ask if these things would be left alone, since it could screw things up.

I have not yet had anything merged, its just a heads up for the very near future.

Regards

InsanitySorrow.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-22-2008, 01:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Just a heads up, I'm currently scripting a companion for Dumac, I would like to point out I always have a storage cell for storing items not currently being used, Ie when only one thing is needed at a time. I would just like to ask if these things would be left alone, since it could screw things up.

I have not yet had anything merged, its just a heads up for the very near future.

Regards

InsanitySorrow.
Just mention it when you submit the file. Smile

The esm has been cleaned and I intend to keep it clean.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD