Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report from the Web Admin
01-30-2006, 10:19 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
They are most likely fans of Silgrad Tower who are reading up on the latest news to get their regular Silgrad fix. :goodjob:

:pop: or spies.... :O

Heh, which would mean we have something worth spying on!

What is the quote: You can judge a mod by the quality of the people spying on it? So I wonder who has been spying on us then? Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-19-2006, 01:59 PM,

Time for another report Smile

[GALLY]2006-03-19_serverstats_visits.png[/GALLY]
[GALLY]2006-03-19_serverstats_usage.png[/GALLY]

I.e., on an average day during this month, we are visited by almost 1,600 people. Don't chalk *all* that up Silgrad Tower's merit - the hosted sites and forums do their part, and it's impossible to tell the difference in the stats.

So far during the month of March 2006:

? It's a good thing we have unlimited bandwidth, because so far during March 2006 we've used 501 gigabytes of it. The month of February closed with a meagre Wink 486 gigabytes of bandwidth.

? Kalikut still has the largest factual hosted website, weighing in at 53.2mb content. Silgrad itself takes up 737mb of actual data storage space.

? Having a hosted site automatically enables you to use a POP3 + web-based email account that goes with the subdomain, but so far ESMN is the only hosted site to have used that feature at all. It might be worth noting that we have 2 gigabytes of space for emails, which can't be used for anything else, and using the email system doesn't affect the allocated data storage to your site.

? 2998 people have downloaded our Morrowind mod from our website (not counting other places its hosted). 291 people have downloaded noremorse's beautiful trailer for the same mod.

Hosted sites' files:
725 for "MoonlightMono.mp3"
580 for "Swords and Staves 1.zip"
271 for "ChimerOfLight_V2_comp.7z"
210 for "abotWaterLife1.8.zip"
198 for "movie2.7z"
135 for "Labria.exe"
124 for "LichCraft2.ace"
NOTE that the list *isn't* a toplist of which files are most popular to download; it's the files that have used the most bandwidth. The numbers are # of people who have downloaded though.

Most popular search terms across the silgrad.com network are right now:
277: morrowind mods
173: silgrad tower
71: silgrad
50: khajiit
47: tower
42: morrowind armor
30: free morrowind mods

Most popular browsers to use around here:
28.89% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET
13.78% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) G
8.59% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
4.24% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Ge
2.54% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1
2.31% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; sv-SE; rv:1.8.0.1) G
2.15% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.0.1) Geck
1.95% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWe
1.53% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
1.11% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; (R1 1
1.00% Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; en) Opera
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-19-2006, 02:57 PM,

Quote:Most popular search terms across the silgrad.com network are right now:
277: Morrowind mods
173: silgrad tower
71: silgrad
50: khajiit
47: tower
42: Morrowind armor
30: free Morrowind mods

That's hilarious.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
03-20-2006, 01:29 AM,

What's MoonlightMono.mp3? Is that someone's background music or something? I've checked out all the awesome new musicians here and don't remember coming across that one. ?(
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

? Kalikut still has the largest factual hosted website, weighing in at 53.2mb content. Silgrad itself takes up 737mb of actual data storage space.

:eek: That should be going down as I put some of my mods on other sites. I feel like I'm constantly cleaning out my folders.
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kalikut

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

:eek: That should be going down as I put some of my mods on other sites. I feel like I'm constantly cleaning out my folders.

Confusedhrug: If someone has an allocation of, say, 75mb then it doesn't really matter if there's 1 megabyte or 70 megabytes there; no-one else can use the unused allocated space. Rather, if someone *doesn't* use much of the space they're allocated that indicates to me they have too much space - but I'm not likely to check for that again in 6 months - 1 year or so. So, no worries. I hope you enjoy the hosting and are happy here Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-21-2006, 12:37 AM,

I understand what you're saying. I just try not to get too close to my limit, so that I will have some freedom to upload stuff for temporary purposes too.
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
03-21-2006, 10:34 PM,

:lmao: That's what I like to see, a happy bunny. Esp when it carries a bloodstained knife everywhere it goes! ? see Noremorse 'everybody's talkin 'bout you!' Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
09-20-2006, 05:04 PM,

Wow, has it really been half a year since my last report? Dang... Well, better late than never. Time for another one.

[title]Monthly Statistics[/title]

[Image: 2006-09-20_serverstats_Summary.png]
[Image: 2006-09-20_serverstats_SummaryByMonth.png]

As usual, the most interesting number is the daily average of unique visitors; the leftmost of the yellow columns in the second picture above. This shows the median of how many different persons come to us ("us" as in silgrad.com) on any given day. The all-time record is April 2006, which of course coincided with the time when general gamer interest in Oblivion peaked. But as you can see from the report, the current month is almost as strong as April was, which is great news. It's highly possible we'll beat the old record - just gotta get 90 or so more people a day for that to happen.

Hits are a notoriously unreliable way of measuring popularity. For example, during September we've gotten 220 181 hits from - Google. Google alone stands for over six percent of the total number of hits.

[title]Daily Statistics for Sep 2006[/title]

The next reports might be interesting as well. The yellow column shows how many people came to silgrad.com on each day during September 2006. If you engaged in advertising on any of these days you might see an effect, but if you don't then also keep in mind there are many other variables that affect the day-to-day numbers. For one, the many hosted websites on silgrad.com always have an effect.

[Image: 2006-09-20_serverstats_SummaryDailyGraph.png]
[Image: 2006-09-20_serverstats_SummaryDailyReport.png]

Yesterday was a great one. 3392 people came here over the course of that day, our best so far during this month.
[blockquote]Of interest to our hosted websites; so far during September
LichCraft2.ace - 231 downloads
Labria.exe - 256 downloads
abotWaterLife1.9.zip - 212 downloads
( silgrad_tower_release_1-4_3_full.7z - 1746 downloads
Official_Silgrad_Trailer.7z - 182 downloads)
[/blockquote]

[title]Referrers[/title]

Our best referrers - where people click to us from - this month are:
tessource.net / tessource.com / mwsource.com | at least 174 401 hits
ESF | 27 482 hits
Adult Game Mod Forums | 12 467 hits
Google | 2 933 hits
Korana | 2 364 hits
Hyrule Isle | 1 818 hits
Google Image Search | 1 380 hits
Unforgotten Realms | 1 284 hits
EdgeGaming | 1 107 hits
TELESPHOROS' LIST o'MODS | 1 035 hits
Oblivion Files | 711 hits
Pseudoworld | 689 hits
Kaleem | 657 hits
Specialty and Theme Mod Lists | 577 hits
--------------------------------------------------
If one can say anything about that report, it's that Tes Source seems to where one should focus advertising to since it gives the best results.

[title]Most popular search terms[/title]

search term: # of searches
silgrad tower: 194
bow: 132
morrowind mods: 131
female orc names: 85
-: 67
nudity: 59
morrowind: 54
morrowind race mods: 53
infernal rapture: 47
khajiit name generator: 44
morrowind adult mods: 41
argonian names: 39
orc female names: 37
oblivion nud-: 36
obli-: 35
silgrad: 32
beyond cyrodiil: 29
how to take screenshots in oblivion: 27
morrowind.ini: 26
dunmer names: 23
Angel mired in filth
09-22-2006, 12:03 PM,

How about 122 new members? Big Grin

EDIT: And that is thus far this month!