Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Metal/rock open & close sound effect
05-25-2007, 06:01 AM,
Request: Metal/rock open & close sound effect
I've modelled an Adamantium Ore container and would like to request an open and close sound effects for it. If you're not familiar with adamantium then in Elder Scrolls it's a weird blend of metal and crystal presumably found stuck into rocks, so the open sound effect should portray how the player pries into the rock and digs out the ore.

So, I think the first part of the open sound should sound 'rocky' and the second part 'metallic', like if you took Oblivion's DRSRockOpen sound and added a sound after it that sounded like an metal nugget tumbling about. Though if you can, please make a new rock sound instead of using Oblivion's, it'll be cooler that way I think. The close sound should just be 'rocky' and could certainly be the same as the first part of the open sound.

Each wav shouldn't be longer than two seconds Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-02-2007, 01:19 PM,

I found a great site called The Free Sound Project where I got two amicable sound effects for the adamantium rock, so I'm archiving this thread.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]