Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for a female voice worker
05-18-2006, 07:19 AM,
Request for a female voice worker
I would like to ask if one of our lovely ladies here would be willing to voice act one of my female NPCs. If you're curious to know how to go about that, I wrote a little guide on the subject which might be of some use. The [clammered] text is the facial expression the character emotes as she speaks a particular line, while the /slashed code is the filename the .lip and .mp3 file pairs will have. The written dialogue has been set up in the current version of the Reich Parkeep Alpha I'm working on locally, so as soon as the voice files are there they'll kick in and be included with the subsequent Alpha release.

You could use either a Brittish or general American accent, whichever feels better. She's of Imperial race. Please try to reduce any potential background static and muffling as much as possible. =)

As far as I know, the values of the "Neutral" emotion doesn't matter, because Neutral is the normality from where the other facial expressions deviate. Thanks in advance!

The script:

[blockquote]
[title]Greeting[/title]
?1?
"Hello there, I am Sosia Saccus. How are you?" [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_GREETING_00002C97_1

"Hello again." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_GREETING_000049DC_1

"Magnificent view, would you not agree?" [Happy 10%] /StRPGeneral_GREETING_00002C96_1

"I never tire of the view." [Happy 5%] /StRPGeneral_GREETING_000049DB_1

[title]Topic: Reich Parkeep[/title]
?2?
"Tending the many morning glory vines in town take a fair amount of time. Without care, they would soon freeze to death in this climate." [Happy 20%] /StRPGeneral_StRwRP_0000139B_1
"But it is worth it, seeing as how beautiful I find the flowers to be. Do you not agree, traveller?" [Happy 25%] /StRPGeneral_StRwRP_0000139B_2

"I particuarly like the North Imperial District. It just feels so safe, you know, the way it's tucked away with only one gate." [Happy 22%] /StRPGeneral_StRwRP_000049DD_1

"It is where I live." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_StRwRP_000049DE_1

[title]Topic: Morrowind[/title]
?2?
"I heard that Nord warlords have struck Redoran settlements not far from here. I sure hope they don't attack us as well!" [Fear 35%] /StRPGeneral_StRwMorrowind_000049EF_1
"But I doubt they will. I mean, we are not just any other Redoran village, we are just as much an Imperial town as we are a Redoran town." [Fear 15%] /StRPGeneral_StRwMorrowind_000049EF_2
"Besides, we have the Dragon Legion here in case the Nords DO strike. Our brave soldiers could sort out some ruffian barbarians in a heartbeat!" [Happy 15%] /StRPGeneral_StRwMorrowind_000049EF_3

"I wonder how much strife House Redoran can take before they crumble. The Nords sure seem determined to bring it about..." [Fear 10%] /StRPGeneral_StRwMorrowind_000049F0_1

"But then again, the Redorans seem even more determined to fight for their lands and beliefs, so it's anyone's guess as to how it will end." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_StRwMorrowind_000049F0_2

[title]Topic: Flora[/title]

"There are many native Morrowind plants and flowers to be found here. But I like the Morning Glory flowers best, because they smell so nice." [Happy 15%] /StRPGeneral_StRwFlora_000049F2_1

[title]Topic: Vvardenfell[/title]

"You know, I have never been there myself, but I hear the Temple recently sanctified an adventurer who drove the Cliff Racers off the island." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_stx2rpc19Vvardenfell_00003144_1

[title]Goodbyes[/title]
?3?
"Go bother someone else, you pathetic loser!" [Disgust 50%] /StRPGeneral_GOODBYE_00002DDE_1

"Get away from me you cow!" [Disgust 50%] /StRPGeneral_GOODBYE_000049E4_1

"Good luck on your travels, adventurer." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_GOODBYE_000049E1_1

"Goodbye, miss." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_GOODBYE_000049E3_1

"Hope to see you again, my friend." [Happy 50%] /StRPGeneral_GOODBYE_000049E0_1

"Don't be a stranger, honey!" [Happy 50%] /StRPGeneral_GOODBYE_000049E2_1

[title]Combat / Attack[/title]

I shall scratch your eyes out, you witch! [Angry 50%] /StRPGeneral_Attack_00002DE2_1

I will paint the ground with your blood! [Angry 50%] /StRPGeneral_Attack_000049E6_1

[title]Combat / Flee[/title]

Help! Guards! He is trying to kill me! [Fear 50%] /StRPGeneral_Flee_000049E7_1

Guards! Guards! She is trying to kill me! [Fear 50%] /StRPGeneral_Flee_000049E8_1

I thought we were friends! Heeelp! [Fear 40%] /StRPGeneral_Flee_000049E9_1

[title]Combat / Assault[/title]

"Come on then, you little worm!" [Angry 25%] /StRPGeneral_Assault_000049ED_1

[title]Combat / Trespass[/title]
?4?
"Why are you here?! Go home! Now!" [Fear 30%] /StRPGeneral_Trespass_000049EB_1

?5?
"Time to go home now." [Neutral] /StRPGeneral_TrespassNoCrime_000049EA_1
[/blockquote]

?1? She says the first set of greetings if she's inside the Imperial Districts, and the second set when she's not. When she's not, her AI dictates that she should mill about the entrance to the North Imperial District, as there are clues that she's working on a painting of the bridge. That's why she's admiring the views; she's building up inspiration for her coming painting.

?2? These two lines are divided on more than one response and spoken by the NPC in sequence, since NPCs can only say so much at a time. They have to be separate mp3 files, but should preferrably be spoken in a coherent voice and tone, as guided by the emotion values. In the second line for instance she starts off being rather scared, since she's thinking of what would happen if the town was attacked. In the following response, her fear is alleviated, because she tells herself the risk isn't as great as she first though. And finally she's a bit happy, because her confidence is boosted when she thinks of the Dragon Legion, who'd be likely to defend the town successfully even if an attack should come.

?3? There are three sets of goodbyes based on disposition, and each set has two variations depending on the player's gender. We're assuming she is a heterosexual Big Grin

?4? This is the illegal kind of trespassing, like if you break into her home.

?5? This is the un-illegal kind, like if you stay too long in a tavern after closing hours.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-19-2006, 05:00 PM,

I can get my mother to voice act again if you want, while i'm creating those that were missing and editing them and etc. I can just make these and send them to you. I wouldn't voice act them of course, she would.

But it's up to you. If you want me to i'll have to wait till i'm out of school, but since it's the weekend i'll be able to get more work done. Feel free to dump a truck load on me, cause a friend of mine is interested in Voice Acting himself, so he's coming over today or tommorow. New lines for him would be cool too.

Anyway, whatever you decide just a heads up, i'm still working on the ones that are missing.
Hey mom, can I have some money? The ice cream man is coming!!

Wu
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM,

Sure that would be perfect, thanks Opaqe!
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-19-2006, 06:17 PM,

Right, i'll get on that.

Also i'd like to ask, for the rpc## custom dialogue thread. I'm just curious as to whether I should create/voice act some of Carius or others dialogues. Like the Nord Sjovik? I could do it for the people who seem to lack much of a personality maybe?

I'm really up for anything, because after I get the missing/new ones done i'll be without work! Cause I still don't know how to test out interiors... Hmm, maybe I could do one of the [Insert Direction] Tower. You know, the circle area that 3/4 have nothing in them?

P.S. Speaking of the wall with the guard towers that lack anything, I have a question. Why do the very long halls have no lights to them? I just wanna know is this undeveloped or for a reason? Cause I thought I was falling through the floor at first when I entered, then I pulled out my torch Smile

Edit: I don't mean the guard towers, I meant the ones in the wall of the city. Sorry if i'm still confusing you.

Wu
05-19-2006, 06:34 PM,

You and your mother have done a fantastic job, and there's about a dozen new lines in the Alpha I'm putting together - particularly surrounding the loveletter quest, which is finished and working now. It would be great to have those acted, and Sosia's dialogue above, but apart from that I think it could be a good idea to hang back awhile on voice work until more dialogue has been written. Smile

If you'd like to do a bit of modding in the meantime that would be great! As is sometimes the case, I got sidetracked while modding the battlements in the North Imp. District and focused on other things. From the old days, I know that can be a risk that comes with being the one who works directly in the main file - leaving half-finished stuff in and thinking one will get back to it but never does. I try to think about that risk so I don't leave too much loose threads, and the tunnel system in the battlements is definitely one of those things. I must have missed setting an ambient color for the tunnel system, thanks for bringing that to my attention Smile

Might I suggest that, rather than cluttering the tunnels I set up, you would consider modding a complete battlements - wall-tunnels and towers - for the South Imp. District? Because there's no such system there at the moment. I've been mulling over whether I should make a claim for it, but if that's something you feel you want to do, you're free to do it =)
Angel mired in filth
05-19-2006, 07:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
You and your mother have done a fantastic job, and there's about a dozen new lines in the Alpha I'm putting together - particularly surrounding the loveletter quest, which is finished and working now. It would be great to have those acted, and Sosia's dialogue above, but apart from that I think it could be a good idea to hang back awhile on voice work until more dialogue has been written. Smile

If you'd like to do a bit of modding in the meantime that would be great! As is sometimes the case, I got sidetracked while modding the battlements in the North Imp. District and focused on other things. From the old days, I know that can be a risk that comes with being the one who works directly in the main file - leaving half-finished stuff in and thinking one will get back to it but never does. I try to think about that risk so I don't leave too much loose threads, and the tunnel system in the battlements is definitely one of those things. I must have missed setting an ambient color for the tunnel system, thanks for bringing that to my attention Smile

Might I suggest that, rather than cluttering the tunnels I set up, you would consider modding a complete battlements - wall-tunnels and towers - for the South Imp. District? Because there's no such system there at the moment. I've been mulling over whether I should make a claim for it, but if that's something you feel you want to do, you're free to do it =)

Heheh, why thank you! Smile

Alright, that sounds like a good idea, the battlements. It's basically just a bunch of sections that is the wall around the district right?

I would like to point out that

"Tending the many morning glory vines in town take a fair amount of time. Without care, they would soon freeze to death in this climate." [Happy 20%] /StRPGeneral_StRwRP_0000139B_1
"But it is worth it, seeing as how beautiful I find the flowers to be. Do you not agree, traveller?" [Happy 25%] /StRPGeneral_StRwRP_0000139B_2

Have already been recorded. The rest of them, yeah, not done. Working on it. :bananarock:

I like that bannana too much.

Oh a little side note. If you create a line of dialouge and it is for a male and a female, it makes recording a bit harder. Like "Welcome to the civilized part of town." Because there were both male and female in there when one recording was saved, the save would go into both files, making the female sound...like a man. The remedy is just to create two lines of dialogue, one for females and one for males.

Anyway, I gotta go for about an hour, i'll upload what I get done when I come back a while later.

Wu
05-19-2006, 08:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Opaqe
Heheh, why thank you! Smile

Alright, that sounds like a good idea, the battlements. It's basically just a bunch of sections that is the wall around the district right?

Yes, a corridor in castle design that connects to guardtower interiors, all of which would match up reasonably with how the exterior looks. As you could tell from the North system, it's not really possible to be super-exact, but then again that's not really necessary since few if any players would notice. But within reason.

I would like to point out that

Have already been recorded. The rest of them, yeah, not done. Working on it.

They weren't when I wrote the script, though. =)

Oh a little side note. If you create a line of dialouge and it is for a male and a female, it makes recording a bit harder. Like "Welcome to the civilized part of town." Because there were both male and female in there when one recording was saved, the save would go into both files, making the female sound...like a man. The remedy is just to create two lines of dialogue, one for females and one for males.

Bethesda does that all the time though. The files might be named the same, but they must be in different folders to work. The female line would for instance be in sound\voice\Reich_Parkeep.esp\Imperial\F\, the male line in sound\voice\Reich_Parkeep.esp\Imperial\M\.
Angel mired in filth