Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resources
04-19-2007, 02:00 AM,
Resources
I was just reading on some history of certain areas in the world most around africa, middle east, and asia. They have all had their own problems with warlords and controlling vast reaches of land. So I thought hmm this adds a neat quest chain for a region and I thought Black Marsh is the most untamed land so this would be the most perfect. Let say theres this area or valley very large valley which houses a very large of abundance of diamonds. Theres say 5 mines of diamonds 3 which are controlled by Argonian Lords who use their warriors to attack other tribes and tribesmen to mine the diamonds for them to buy power. The 4 is run by the EEC which is guarded by their Fighter Guild mercenaries they are the most powerful. And lastly the 5 which hasn't been claimed but is a conflict soon for all 4 factions send men and workers there to start a claim. Now the Empire's best interest is to help the EEC claim the valley but the Argonian people see it best as for their country to own it. Just a thought we could expand upon.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-19-2007, 02:37 AM,

:lmao:

sometimes me and you think the same way!

yes, there's to be diamond mines in Stonewastes and Commune... as well as one in the Onkobra Riverlands
Stonewastes is Archein owned... what they do is they have migrant workers or tribal folks to dig it. How do they force tribal folks to mine for them? They raid their village, then capture the women and children and hold them hostage and force the surviving men-Argonians to work. Meanwhile, the women-folk are forced to work in the fields with strict overseers watching them. And then recently, since slavery had been outlawed, some of the less moral Archeins have been drugging the children, to make them dependent on skooma and other powerful drugs so that they will work for days without food just for a small dose of drug when they grow older. That is the nefarious plan of the Archeins at Stonewastes. The Archeins vary, some are straight advisors and compassionate to the Argonian people and good mediators between Imperials and Argonians... most are dirty kleptocrats to conquer and break their own people so they can make a profit in the world of the Imperials.

Commune is a village owned by a rebel faction called the Communalists. They are a tribal rebel faction that is composed of ex-slaves. They own a diamond mine which helps finance them, via black-market connections. Their warlord is an idealist and uses all sorts of propaganda and morale-raising tactics to keep his rebel group in control of the village they renamed Commune. It is the image of their idealism, of Imperial education and civilization mixed with the communalism and loyalty of tribal Argonians. All the Archeins see it as a rebellious faction but none havebeen able to dislodge it yet.

Lastly a diamond mine was discovered by a missionary in the Onkobra Riverlands. The tribes there begged him not to tell anyone because greed, an emotion foreign to the Argonians, has caused them so much pain in the past, especially when it 'infects' their own kind, producing tyrannical Archeins. (They believe greed is an evil, and it is a emotion not natural in Argonians, it is like an acquired taste, the products of greed corrupts Argonians and severs them from their roots and their Hist). However maybe the Missionary realizes how much money he can get out of this information...
so he is willing to sell this to an Imperial governor, the E.E.C., the Lilmoth King, or local Archeins... and so a quest begins?
like you said maybe this is a huge diamond mine, and everyone fights over it and warlord rise, both tribal and 'civilized' and all kill each other over it... ??

it's a good idea, and as you can tell, I had been thinking about it too :goodjob:
04-19-2007, 02:41 AM,

So how many Diamond mines, and how many factions I can't think at the moment.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-19-2007, 02:43 AM,

3 diamond mines, on in Archein hands, one disputed by Archeins and a rebel group, and a third to be discovered, fought over by tribes, Archeins, and EEC...

by the way, do you mind if I changethe thread name to "conflict over diamonds" so it don't confuse anyone?
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
yes, there's to be diamond mines in Stonewastes and Commune... as well as one in the Onkobra Riverlands
Stonewastes is Archein owned... what they do is they have migrant workers or tribal folks to dig it. How do they force tribal folks to mine for them? They raid their village, then capture the women and children and hold them hostage and force the surviving men-Argonians to work. Meanwhile, the women-folk are forced to work in the fields with strict overseers watching them. And then recently, since slavery had been outlawed, some of the less moral Archeins have been drugging the children, to make them dependent on skooma and other powerful drugs so that they will work for days without food just for a small dose of drug when they grow older. That is the nefarious plan of the Archeins at Stonewastes. The Archeins vary, some are straight advisors and compassionate to the Argonian people and good mediators between Imperials and Argonians... most are dirty kleptocrats to conquer and break their own people so they can make a profit in the world of the Imperials.

This could help a bit. Big Grin
I'll make the mine for you Senten
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha