Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revolution!
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM,

More likely no clothes at all? Perhaps they're seen as a foreign invention.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-09-2010, 04:46 PM,

Even better!So what are the traditonal weapons?They must be religion fanatics too.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM,

I'm pretty sure the Khajiit traditionally wear clothing. i remember reading somewhere that "bearing the torso fur" is offensive, on par with going around topless. I tried to base the Anequina armour (which looks fantastic shewter) on this fact. There have been no national colours mentianed in lore, but individual cities seem to have them. For the Cyrodillic colours look at the various banners that fly around the cities. The Empire as a whole flies the red and black dragon flag, wherever imperial legions are stationed. The Orcrest Banner is largely light and dark green, and I'm working on a red and gold Anequina banner, to represent the Anequina clan (both in cities and nomadic tribes). The same would also hold true for Pelletine, One banner for the whole clan, but each city and tribe flies their own colours under this. The Mane, as a representative of the entire Khajiiti race, should incorporate elements from both, and as such, the Mane's banner is what would fly when it defaults from the empire. Unless the clans go to war again, then the sh*t hits the fan.

Khajiiti would probably traditionally use short bladed weapons, as they are easier to conceal and the khajiiti themselves, when wearing light armour are agile enought to duck in, strike their foe and quickly jump back out of reach. We have two short bladed weapons so far, the Light Cihar and the shortbladed khopesh (the egyptian variant is actually a long blade)
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
02-10-2010, 02:20 PM,

By the way, how were you going to handle the Mane? A giant fluffball of braided hair seems pretty hard to do...

02-10-2010, 04:37 PM,

[Image: mufasa.jpg]
like this maybe? hehe i doubt the mane is just one huge furball, i always imagined him as a really buff khajiit with an large shaggy mane
02-10-2010, 07:15 PM,

From the UESP:

"The typical bipedal Khajiit dresses in an ample shawl of brightly-colored cloth, known as a budi, for defense against the harsh rays of the sun. This shirt is tightly fastened in braids down the right side, in order to prevent any part of the torso fur from being seen, as the exposure of such in public is deemed both offensive and unsightly. In battle, those who walk upright traditionally don medium-weight armor in battle, exquisitely fashioned from loose-fitting leather overlaid with lacquered and highly-burnished metal plates. While leather caps are generally preferred, those with the means to procure such will often don helms of fluted silver. Furthermore, most Khajiit bedeck themselves with jewelry, trinkets, and tattoos; the latter holding both important cultural and religious significance, being used not only as decoration, but also as a mark of their race, tribe, and the gods of their worship."
It takes guys as simple as the Dude and Walter to make a story this complicated... and they'd really rather be bowling.
02-10-2010, 09:24 PM,

In the 1st PGE it says that the entire tribe that the Mane comes from shave off their hair and weave it into braid for him to wear when he is appointed. So nowadays he carries so much that he has to be carried around on a palanquin.

02-11-2010, 12:54 AM,

there is a really sweet picture of the mane in the PGE1. and here is how TR imagined him.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-11-2010, 02:12 AM,

Out of interest, where did you get the pic from the PGE1? Is it hosted somewhere?

02-11-2010, 01:49 PM,

I think Mane should just have a big mane.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html