Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of the Jarnisig
05-13-2005, 04:29 PM,
Ring of the Jarnisig
Using the books (chapters) from "The Wanderer Returns" (adjusted to whatever our Oblivion version landscape becomes) a series of quests would lead one to retrace or visit some key locations, looking for clues about the Ring of the Jarnisig. This will be a magical (balanced) item that will be mentioned in the final chapter(s) of the story.

It would start at the Ancient Gate, and be used to cause the PC to explore various parts of Silgrad Tower's surrounds. Along the way, the PC would find clues, places or items mentioned in the books. However, the last clue/book would be one of the items needed to be found... (perhaps it had been stolen years before...)

Depending on the time frame of Oblivion, either Ben Vagara the old Nord or a descendant of his could give the quest...

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM,

I loved those stories, and I've always been wondering what will happen next. (Still kind of am Big Grin )
The quest sounds very interesting. Might I propose that the stories you made could possibly be integrated as books as well?

-NR
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM,
Indeed NR, the story is being continued and created as in-game books.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM,

Howdy

This is an oldy but a goody, their are many ideas I have for the TES3 version of the Jarnhald Region,

Is this areas going to be made for TES4?

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-03-2007, 12:49 AM,

Long ago we decided not to include the Jarnhald region in the Oblivion mod, for a few reasons. One was that the Jarnhald region was created mostly so TES3 modders would get to use stuff from Bloodmoon rather than being planned as a natural part of the landscape. Another was that the border to Skyrim wasn't supposed to start at the western edge of our landmass, the landscape was supposed to stretch quite a bit farther west than that according to official maps. And finally if I recall correctly we had already begun a collaboration with Galrina and Danath_in in the Skyrim team and thought that if we were going to work closely with them there wasn't much point in having a Nord region on our landmass because the player could just walk over the border (back then we thought we could share a worldspace). Finally the last reason was that the region was Ben Vagara's brainchild and to me personally the region stood and fell depending on his committment.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-03-2007, 01:11 AM,

Well those are all good reasons

I will then put this one to rest until such time as I can add it into TES3

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories