Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Claim: Bitter Coast - North (west side)
05-08-2009, 12:24 AM,
Road Claim: Bitter Coast - North (west side)
Road Claim: Roads through Bitter Coast (North - west)

You'll need the 3.25 version of the ESM (pathched with M1277) or higher to mod this road.

[Image: BitterCoastNorth_West_thumb.jpg]
Note that water and trees do not appear on these generated maps.
Download higher resolution maps from here! (~4MB)

[title]Description[/title]
Those familiar with TES3: Morrowind will no doubt be familiar with the Bitter Coast region. The Bitter Coast is the largest region in our mod, being so large that we split it into four smaller areas for reasons of convenience and organization Big Grin (these regions are South, Latrys South, Latrys North, and North). Its terrain is salty, humid swamp. Many bandits and smugglers have found refuge in this region, as guards and lawmen rarely enter.

There is one settlement in the northern part of the Bitter Coast. Ebbedin is a poor Redoran fishing village located on an island in the water between the mainland and the stretch of land where the lighthouse is located. There's a ferry on either side of the river, one of which is accessible from the road in this claim. You need not worry about modding the ferry, however.

Bordering this area of the Bitter Coast are the Soluthis region (south and west), and the Steadhelm region (southeast). See our map webpage to see where this region is in our mod.

[title]How to mod the road[/title]
Above is a map of the region, with a rough layout for the roads sketched in tan. Keep in mind as you're modding that the road doesn't have to match the image exactly - the road should generally go through the same cells as on the map, but exact bends and so on are 100% up to you, the modder. The important thing is have a layout similar to the one shown on the map (there is a fair bit of flexibility), with road endings in cell (45, 57) (which is where the ferry will be later on), and in cell (24, 60).

After loading up the CS, you should load the area where you wish to start in the Render Window. The Silgrad Tower worldspace is STLand. After that, you'll want to open up the Landscape Editor, then find and select the texture called StIdBcMainRoad01.

Now you're ready to start modding the road. Use a brush size of 2 to paint the road, and make sure you use vertex shading (with a value of 160 for each of RGB) along the edges of the road. Please make sure the road has bends (so it's not completely straight). In addition, please mod a "pathspear" fence along at least some segments of the road - you may find individual pieces of pathspear fences under Static->ST->Walls->Fence->Pathspear. You may move, delete, or place Bitter Coast rocks and trees along the road path as you see fit, whether to make way for a road, or to add more detail. A list of Bitter Coast objects is given below. You may also paint the area around the road with other Bitter Coast textures if you wish*. The road should not be modded beyond the area of the region shown in the map.

Most Bitter Coast objects can be found in the following list locations in the CS:
[INDENT][/INDENT]Trees:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Trees->SilgradBlackGum (please use the trees beginning with StIdBc)
[INDENT][/INDENT]Cypress Knees:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Static->Landscape (all models beginning with StIdCypressKnee)
[INDENT][/INDENT]Rocks:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- Static->ST->Rocks->BitterCoast
[INDENT][/INDENT]The flora that are used in this region are all under Flora->ST:
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoSloughFern (models 01 and 02)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoLuminousRussola (all models)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoVioletCoprinus01 (models 01, 02, and 03. May also be placed in shallow water)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoAmpoulePod (all models, but only in shallow water)
[INDENt][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoDraggleTail (all models, but only in shallow water)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoBunglersBane (models 01 and 02, but growing only on the trunks of trees, alive or dead)
[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT]- StFloraBiCoHyphaFacia (models 01 and 02, but growing only on the trunks of trees, alive or dead)
You may also copy and paste other objects you see in this region.

There are several rivers and pools in this region - it is likely that you will need to mod at least one bridge to cross water (I would actually encourage bridge-building for this region). To build a bridge, I suggest using the models StExDunShackWalkway and StExDunShackWalkwaySupport made by SACarrow. Try to combine sections of the walkway to make the walking surface, and then adding the support pieces.

An optional task for this claim is adding static, green sheets (Static->St->Environment->StIdScumsheet) over the small pools near the road in this part of the Bitter Coast. Drag the "Scumsheet" so that it is just above the pool, and if necessary, scale it so that it covers the entire water surface.

When you're done, upload the ESP either to the forums, or to a free file-sharing website such as http://rapidshare.com or http://www.filefront.com.

* All textures beginning with StIdBc are Bitter Coast textures.

[title]Claiming[/title]
If you want to claim this road, please post saying so. Likewise, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Smile
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM,

I will take this road.
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM,

Hello. I finished this one. That bcgrass is a pain to work with . It grows where you think it isnt Smile

Anyway as I said I finished this and walked it through. It looked fine. I only added pathspears and scumsheets along the road. I also ran it as close to looking like the map as I could.

edit: I need to make a minor change.
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM,

Alright here it is. The above post remains the same.
09-06-2009, 04:46 PM,

The file has been merged, revisions (if required) have to be modded with the next esm update. :check:

Nice modding. :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-07-2009, 03:27 PM,

Thanks Zurke. As I said in the other thread, I'll take a look as soon as I can.
09-07-2009, 03:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Thanks Zurke. As I said in the other thread, I'll take a look as soon as I can.

NP TID Smile. Sandor I believe merged this so you need the new update to the esm.
09-08-2009, 12:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Sandor I believe merged this so you need the new update to the esm.
That's certainly what it looks like, judging from the most recent post before mine. Wink