Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road to Silgrad Plan and Discussion
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM,
Road to Silgrad Plan and Discussion
Howdy

So here we are, we have discussed the Road to Silgrad enough in other posts that I feel its time we layed out the course of action in order to get it to the point were it can become a great quest

Here are some of the things we need to do and if I leave anything out please identify it

Also we need some discussion on what the quests should be and what I suggest is just that suggestion, it is always open for change (until final of course)

The Road to Silgrad

Basic:

An Imperial Charter Town located at -5,-7 has recently seen trouble with pirates along the Bitter Coast. The pirates are stealing much needed supplies and looting the citizens pockets. The Imperial Legion is much to busy to deal with this nuisance and calls forth our Hero to assist. Upon arrive in Vvardenfell our hero is met my a messenger bring a letter from General Darius at the Legion Garrison in Gnisis asking for your assistance.

Discussion:

Transportation to and from Western Morrowind

We should have several ways to get to Western Morrowind
It has been suggested that we include Mages Travel services and ship transportation

Considering Silgrad is primarily the Redoran District of Morrowind it would make sense to have mages travel from Ald ruhn it would probably be a good idea to have it from Vivec as well

Ship Tansportation can come from Ebonheart and from Khuul in addition to our new town, Ships from Ebonheart will travel to and from Steadhelm
with the addition of the Velothi Mountains Mod we will also include Bal Falls at a later point

Ship transportation from Khuul needs to be decided

Mages travel should include Silgrad and Soluthis

The current road to silgrad includes a devistating attack on the town of Gnaar Mok, which leaves the player no other recourse but to board the Maria Daria and head for the mainland.

This will not take place: What will occur

(Discussion)

The intention is that the player can go to Darius at anytime to begin this quest, Darius will only agree to give the quest once the player has reached rank (??)
Once the quest begins the player will be asked to visit this charter town and speak with the locals about the pirate raids, the player will be told that every few days the pirates come by and demand money and take what supplies they have, at first the towns people fought back, but after their leader had been killed, they knew the pirates meant business and just did what they asked.

The player will be prompted to stay or return that evening when the pirates appear

The pirate ship will not be seen however when the player arrives in the town that evening their will be a small boat at the dock, the player will see 3 pirates harassing one of the citizens. When you appraoch the pirates they will not attack, but they will when entered into dialogue and harsly advise the player to stay out of their business

(Discussion) What kind of dialogue do we want to take place here?
Do we want the player to kill the pirates here or not allow this until later
What if the player kills the pirates anyway

After the pirates leave or if we kill them, speak with one of the towns people, they will tell you that you have caused them more grief, the pirates will be back (or other pirates) and bring them more trouble. At this point the player will offer to help them or just say "deal with it yourself".

If the player agrees to help, he/she will be told that they should speak with General Darius in Gnisis about where he/she might find their hideout

Player goes to Gnisis and speaks with Darius about where to begin looking for these pirates

Darius will give the player some information (what info) and direct him/her to the Legio Argonis ..see link

Legio Argonis

The player will be introduced to the leader Ha'Zhorra, the legio quests will then begin, 1 or 2 of them to gain the trust of the argonians

Once the trust is gained the player will be told about the pirate hideout
(the legio plans listed in the link are not accurate to this quest and will need modification)

Their should be several steps in order to infilrate the pirate hideout and to oust their leadership, this will of course be the end of the quest.

The reward (up for discussion) will be the Maria Daria along with crew

My thought here is to take the ship and remodle the interior very nicely
but not too much. Provide 2 or 3 pirates who after defeat of the leaders will agree to serve the player providing services and such

What do we do:

1) Build the Town
2) Remove the current road to silgrad
3) Add the NPC's and dialogue
4) Script the pirate raid
5) Remodel the Maria Daria interior
6) Script (as needed) the pirate servants to provide services.

Did I leave anything out
Do we need to discuss other things

pleas let me know

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-02-2007, 06:52 AM,

Here's what is bothering me:

Transportation: I'm not sure about Khuul, many mods including Bloodmoon have NPC there for ship transport. I mean it is a small village, and if we add another NPC there it will be overpopulated. (IMO)

Quote:Originally posted by ME
This is how I would do it:
... And after the PC starts the quest, and steps on the mainland, make a trigger that would create several NPC all over the MW, and mainland. Some NPC would be mage guild guides, some boat travel... This way there would be several ways to go back to MW or mainland. But they would only be created IF the PC starts the quest. Not finish, just start....

Here's what i said in another discussion. I still think it is a good idea, because this way the player cant go to mainland before starting Road to Silgrad.
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM,

Your right about that, I didn't consider it much (Kluul)

So what your saying is, no way to get to silgrad (other than fly or swim) until this quest is started

From a mod perspective I can agree with that

But from a reality perspective, I think their would have been established means allready in place between Vv and the mainland

So I will vote for the mod perspective after all it is our mod

ok, so travel to and from via mages guild begins once the player starts the quest, (not gets the note)

after player speaks with Darius and is asked to go to the village

But we do need another means of transportation via Ship other than Ebonheart

Hla Oad ?
Seyda Neen?
Gnaar Mok?

Enjoy
Bob

07-02-2007, 04:41 PM,
A small dissent
My $0.02:

- I like the idea of not having MG travel available at the start. Where I differ here is I'd rather have MG travel available once the PC gets to any of the ST MG locations. In other words, once the PC uses MG travel once from ST to VV, MG travel is fully enabled.
- As for forbidding ST access until starting the ST MQ, that implies I think that the PC has to at least promise to help the Legion before ST access is granted. For example, I read on this board that one member (maybe JKJ) likes to play insurgent Khaji'it who like to rack up impressive Imperial body counts. Such a PC would never consent to help the Legion, but I think still should be able to get access to ST.

Now I am in favor of keeping access difficult if the PC does not want to play the MQ, like maybe one obscure suggler's boat on the BC, but it should not be impossible (IMO).

lATER,
sTEVE
07-02-2007, 05:12 PM,
RE: A small dissent
thats actually $0.03 but thats ok I can use the extra Smile

Ok so no access other than (swim or fly) until the player agree's to help
sounds fair.

07-02-2007, 06:35 PM,

On another ship transportation my vote goes to Hla Oad or Gnaar Mok OR both.
Many, many modders out there did something to Seyda Neen. Maybe it is a travel NPC, a house or whole town. So i wouldnt touch Seyda Neen.
07-03-2007, 12:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
On another ship transportation my vote goes to Hla Oad or Gnaar Mok OR both.
Many, many modders out there did something to Seyda Neen. Maybe it is a travel NPC, a house or whole town. So I wouldn't touch Seyda Neen.

Agreed

Seyda Neen is out

I would also agree with using both Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok

07-04-2007, 05:32 PM,

Update:

So quickly too

Thanks to agram's steadfastness we have our village (see claim ST-0010, Common Village) less npc's but that will come next.

Enjoy
Bob

07-17-2007, 03:24 PM,

is the town downloadable? cuz id really like to go to gnaar mok without being chased by every gaurd in morowind
Im not crazy, Others are just jealous that the voices dont talk to them.
07-17-2007, 04:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by darthblaze99
is the town downloadable? cuz id really like to go to gnaar mok without being chased by every gaurd in morowind

The esp is not downloadable, thier is nothing but empty buildings, we are only about 2% complete with this change only 98% more to go Big Grin