Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Role Playing for real people
04-15-2012, 03:14 PM,
Role Playing for real people
Howdy All

Well its time for me to get busy with quest development, I have had time to read lots of things and I am preparing some quest ideas for our team, including a breakdown of the main quest plot. However I would like to take this opertunity to talk about RPG's for real people in terms of modding... I have been in the RPG world for over 30 years, YES 30 paper and dice that sort of stuff, I have discovered over all these years that even though games have evolved into High Tech gadgets with lots of stories to tell, we (the gaming community) are missing one essential fact.... Charactors are people !! They are our creations played as we feel we should play them. though they are made up people, we do not give them life Let me explain

We quest... Hey I heard the Jarls is looking for someone to rid the bandits for Stupidmoors Cave...... repsonse: I will do it !! So we go, we kill bandits and take their stuff then we run back to the jarls place and get a reward... now what, well most real people would enjoy in their success, bost about it even, spread the wealth, Party !!! get my point ?? The game makers don't !! When we mod lets consider these things. Lets give our bandit leaders names, give them something that people know is a symbol of them so when we go to the pub after a good looting we can walk up to the bar and say HEY EVERYONE I just took out Ole Stupidmoor and expound on that. Someone might say I DONT BELIEVE YOU, so you prove it, show the item maybe Stupidmoors ring. The people can oooh and ahhh and congratulate you, then turn to the bartender and say a round of drinks for EVERYONE !!

NOW THATS ROLE PLAYING

OK so now you have quested like crazy and you have all these cool things to place in your home. What do you do with them, SHOW THEM OFF, build your homes with enough space to put these wonderful items on display, invite people to your home and let them oogle over all your shiny stuff.

Speaking of homes, you have all this great stuff and a house carl if you haven't gotten them killed, what do they do but sit in your house, walk around and say how nice it is to see you.... PUT THEM TO WORK drop your junk on the floor and tell them to clean it up, same thing with the spouses if you have one, I mean come on people we have the ability to do these things when we make our mods lets do them and bring real life to our charactors.

Theirs always going to be people who do not like you no matter what (besides dedicated enemies) how bout adding some buttheads into the game, let them tuant you and see what happens, maybe you will take them down or maybe wind up with a new friend we shall never know unless we try

The list could go on and on... I can rant and blah blah blah all day but the bottom line is this, think about how you are, think about what you would do if you just laid waste to a Dragon or Wanted Criminal...whatever it is, make your homes the way you would if you had to really live in them (keep within reason) Buy drinks for everyone, show off your stuff, get your Carl to do his/her job, create!!!

Silgrad Has always produced the best stuff, we have a great team and I do not believe that there is anything we can not do

So lets do it make Roleplaying Roleplaying

Enjoy Smile

Bob
04-17-2012, 07:33 AM,

It would be very nice if we could give life and more realism to every character, I would really love it, but I think the main hindrance that has kept it from being done before is because it would take a very crazy amount of voice acting, which seems to be always an obstacle. In a game like Morrowind, I think, it would have been more feasible.

Anyway, that is what my grim side thinks, my other side thinks the ST team has a perfectly good chance of doing it.
Believe then when faith is gone.
Have hope then when there is none.
See the stars through the smoke in the sky.
And when tears are falling, smile.
04-18-2012, 05:15 PM,

Hrm...I would think it should be possible to script a list of names that can be randomly chosen and then labled on the bounty sheet and on the spawned boss. No need to have a voice actor list out every named bandit.

"There is a bandit that is tearing through the countryside. Here is the warrent (Writ of Exicution? Wanted poster?)." The writ has the name and location last seen.
04-23-2012, 08:17 PM,

That blasted voice acting.... whats up with that anyway
maybe we can pretend they are all mutes and use dialoge boxes

Otherwise

Their are still things we can do to make it more realistic IE command options for House Carls/Spouses

Clean up house/ sleep (the sleeping thing gets me, when you rest your follower stands at your bedside and watches you all night thats just freaky
ig you walk into a house/shop in the evening couples sleep in the same bed why doesn't your spouse? etc etc
Can we make it so if you find a recipe (food type) you can give it to your spouse and have them prepare that meal for you?? shouldn't be hard to do

Recognition by sight: If your wearing armor (steel/Elven) etc etc how is it your branded a mage Many people join many different guilds/factions
if your not wearing the atire assigned for such then you shouldn't be "recognized" as such

Such is the case with lets say Stormcloaks if you join the storm cloaks and do not wear the armor given, then people should not automatically know your a stormcloak
or vice verse with Imperial Legion... additionally I have not noticed any change in reaction from NPC's which oppose your views, maybe Im just missing it
but it just doesn't appear to change with the regualr everyday people, even though their are those who voice their opinions on the 2

enough of this for today

just more food for though

Enjoy
Bob