Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosa Serpentalis Trailer
09-18-2005, 05:25 AM,
Rosa Serpentalis Trailer
Here it is Finally.
A trailer for Rosa Serpentalis, the first installment in the Regal Orders of Vvardenfell Series.

Right-click and save!
It is approx. 9 mb

This is my first trailer so let me know what you guys think.

http://hoss.silgrad.com/Rosa Serpentalis_Trailer.wmv
09-18-2005, 06:44 AM,

:pop: Absolutely awesome! :applause:

I like it very much that it has the feel of a movie trailer (have you thought of a voice-over? I'd volunteer, if you want it) and it definitely peeked my curiousity.

There are two minor things that caught my attention:

- is it intentional that some words start with capitals? Being a non-native speaker I know that it is not usual in the English language?

- shouldn't it be "Murder and Deceit"?

I hope you don't think I'm a nitpicker, but with something so wonderful those little things are able to puzzle me easily.

Great job, Hoss, or in other words: :bananarock:

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: What piece of music is that? It's absolutely familiar, but I can't name it.

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-18-2005, 01:05 PM,

Good job Hoss!

Here are some suggestions I came to think of.

1) If you use the console command ToggleMenus the captured video will look even better, I think.

2) I think it would look better if you cut out the part of the video frames where the fraps logo is showing.

3) I thought the speed of the end credits could be a bit faster.

4) The text effects at the start were great though, very sleek and stylish. But I thought the jittery frame rate of the fountain object was jarring.

5) Voice-overs replacing some of the text banners would be pretty cool Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-18-2005, 02:23 PM,

Thanks! The music was Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo) and a little of one of the exploring songs from the game.

Thank you for all the pointers I will use them in my next tralier for Part 2: Logica Ordania. Cool
09-19-2005, 01:44 AM,

We hope to get this Mod out real soon (Fereleth and I). But we have a problem with our Dialogue for our created NPC's. None of it works. They won't say the things created for them. It appears everything was created properly but doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.
09-19-2005, 08:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hoss
We hope to get this Mod out real soon (Fereleth and I). But we have a problem with our Dialogue for our created NPC's. None of it works. They won't say the things created for them. It appears everything was created properly but doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.

If you're having trouble with greetings it could be because you placed them in a category below 5. Category five is best in my humble opinion because it doesn't override the really important greetings (1-4) or get overridden by other things (6-9), like acknowledging the player is the Nerevarine. Often enough greetings are the way to add topics to the list of in-game dialogue options.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
09-19-2005, 01:57 PM,

The trouble is with our topics they won't show up at all. The NPC only greets you but won't go into any of the topics.

Any help there?
09-19-2005, 05:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hoss
The trouble is with our topics they won't show up at all. The NPC only greets you but won't go into any of the topics.

Any help there?

If the topic isn't shown in the list in the right sidebar it's because of one of two things; either the topic isn't activated or he has nothing to say about that topic.

To activate it you either need to weave it into his greeting, or use the AddTopic script function in the result box for that greeting. If the topic is "Trouble at the old mine" but you can't think of a way to weave that into a greeting, you just need to add this line in the result box:
AddTopic, "Trouble at the old mine"
If you can weave the title of the topic into his greeting then it should become highlighted automatically in the game, assuming he's able to give a response for the topic.

If you're sure that's not what's causing it then he just has no valid responses for that topic; if so you need to check the conditions of the responses so there isn't anything that's blocking the response he's supposed to give first.
Angel mired in filth
09-20-2005, 03:05 AM,

Ah Thanks I think we got it figured it now we just got to fix it all.